wittek #1 qb

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: wittek #1 qb

Post by UnBiasFan »

EITSwarrior wrote:
My3Cats wrote:808Hawaii was an optimist until Chowball began.
That would describe the majority of fans
Let's be honest. Everyone was optimistic going into Chow's first season.

I admit a lot of us had "Von Appen" in the back of our minds. And a lot of us were disgusted about the mob that occupied blog space hating on McMackin. My screen-name from then is gone (but I was here). I have never seen so many losers appear in blogs and then disappear. Not a single person has apologized for what they did to a great coach.

I always try to post positive in case members of the team may be reading. They got to stay loyal to their coach no matter what --- and so they should.

This could be a great season. They need to listen to their coaches. They can get it done. I am confident we are going to have a good season that is fun to watch.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

UnBiasFan wrote: Ohio State and Wisconsin will be ugly. We should just plan on starting Woolsey for those games and let Wittek come in during the second half..

The rest of the schedule will be at our level so anything is possible in those games.
Again, you can mark it down: Boise State will be a tougher opponent than Wisconsin.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

It's funny, players that transfer to UH from big time programs under their own free will (Graham, Leon Jackson) never amount to anything. All hype.

Player's that are kicked off other teams (Tinoisamoa, Brennan, Bess) because of trouble are the ones that we should go after! OK...maybe not necessarily kicked off but you get my drift.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

J-Rod wrote:
UnBiasFan wrote: Ohio State and Wisconsin will be ugly. We should just plan on starting Woolsey for those games and let Wittek come in during the second half..

The rest of the schedule will be at our level so anything is possible in those games.
Again, you can mark it down: Boise State will be a tougher opponent than Wisconsin.
It's a moot point. We're gonna be blown out by both teams. Wisconsin will most likely put in their 3rd string sooner than the donks. The donks will probably run the 1st string the whole game.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

SundayJam wrote: It's a moot point. We're gonna be blown out by both teams. Wisconsin will most likely put in their 3rd string sooner than the donks. The donks will probably run the 1st string the whole game.
The Badgers are rebuilding this year talent wise, and have a new coaching staff. Boise State returns the 2nd-most starters in college football from a NY6 bowl winning team (Wisconsin didn't do that either). I know one name is bigger than the other, but if you do the research...Boise State will be a tougher opponent than Wisconsin. I could actually see UH giving Wisconsin fits early on. Their new coach struggled at Pitt. Boise State on the other hand, slaughtered people on the blue turf last year, per the usual. BYU was down 42-16 at half! Starters were done by the 3rd of most of their home games.

That game could get really, really bad. But of course, like you said, both games will probably get ugly. But BSU is definitely the tougher opponent. UH lucked out in that this is a weakened edition of the Badgers.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

EITSwarrior wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote: Does it matter?
No matter. Going be the same results.
Well aren't you the optomist.

Look, I don't believe in Chow to turn things around, but I do believe in the players to do it.
I'm a realist. I wish our players had better leadership that would set them up for success, instead of failure.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

EITSwarrior wrote:
My3Cats wrote:808Hawaii was an optimist until Chowball began.
That would describe the majority of fans
unfortunately true.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

SM96753 wrote:It's funny, players that transfer to UH from big time programs under their own free will (Graham, Leon Jackson) never amount to anything. All hype.

Player's that are kicked off other teams (Tinoisamoa, Brennan, Bess) because of trouble are the ones that we should go after! OK...maybe not necessarily kicked off but you get my drift.
And players that transfer from UH, (Trevor Davis to Cal, Blake Muir to Baylor, and look for Ben Dew at Houston) blossom once away from Chowball.
I am the one who knocks.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

I think we have to see Wittek and the 2015 team play before we say for sure they can't get it done on the blue field.

I have already written in Wisconsin and Ohio State as losses. I can see how Boise State could be included in that list. But I just I like to start the season with the possibility that every conference game is winnable.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

J-Rod wrote:
SundayJam wrote: It's a moot point. We're gonna be blown out by both teams. Wisconsin will most likely put in their 3rd string sooner than the donks. The donks will probably run the 1st string the whole game.
The Badgers are rebuilding this year talent wise, and have a new coaching staff. Boise State returns the 2nd-most starters in college football from a NY6 bowl winning team (Wisconsin didn't do that either). I know one name is bigger than the other, but if you do the research...Boise State will be a tougher opponent than Wisconsin. I could actually see UH giving Wisconsin fits early on. Their new coach struggled at Pitt. Boise State on the other hand, slaughtered people on the blue turf last year, per the usual. BYU was down 42-16 at half! Starters were done by the 3rd of most of their home games.

That game could get really, really bad. But of course, like you said, both games will probably get ugly. But BSU is definitely the tougher opponent. UH lucked out in that this is a weakened edition of the Badgers.
Yeah, well...Boise and Wisconsin always seem to do well in re-building years. They both seem equally apt at delivering us a beating year in and year out.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

UnBiasFan wrote:I think we have to see Wittek and the 2015 team play before we say for sure they can't get it done on the blue field.

I have already written in Wisconsin and Ohio State as losses. I can see how Boise State could be included in that list. But I just I like to start the season with the possibility that every conference game is winnable.
UH couldn't get it done on the blue turf with Colt Brennan! Are we really putting Wittek on that type of pedestal? I don't think he's gonna make nearly the difference people expect him to make. Even if he turns out to be good, the DL is still gonna get lit up by just about everyone.

I'm still in "prove it" mode. I've watched Wittek play, and he was nothing short of horrible in Aloha Stadium vs. Chow in 2012. Why people think he's suddenly going to be a stud with less talent around him and a bad coach, I don't understand. From all I've been told, he's still an inaccurate stiff. Taylor Graham 2.0.

Hope he proves me wrong, but we're counting our chickens before they've watched...again.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

J-Rod wrote:
UnBiasFan wrote:I think we have to see Wittek and the 2015 team play before we say for sure they can't get it done on the blue field.

UH couldn't get it done on the blue turf with Colt Brennan! Are we really putting Wittek on that type of pedestal? I don't think he's gonna make nearly the difference people expect him to make. Even if he turns out to be good, the DL is still gonna get lit up by just about everyone.

I'm still in "prove it" mode. I've watched Wittek play, and he was nothing short of horrible in Aloha Stadium vs. Chow in 2012. Why people think he's suddenly going to be a stud with less talent around him and a bad coach, I don't understand. From all I've been told, he's still an inaccurate stiff. Taylor Graham 2.0.

Hope he proves me wrong, but we're counting our chickens before they've watched...again.
I'm with you. Having a good qb without a supporting cast is like having Moniz in 2011. Weren't we projected to take the WAC that season even though Moniz was pretty much the only player coming back on Offense?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

madeinhawaii wrote: I'm with you. Having a good qb without a supporting cast is like having Moniz in 2011. Weren't we projected to take the WAC that season even though Moniz was pretty much the only player coming back on Offense?
I do not have good memories of Moniz in 2011. Moniz was always an alternate choice for starter. In this sense, I wouldn't compare Moniz to Wittek nor would I compare the 2011 Warriors to the current Rainbows.

We'll see what a new offensive and defensive coordinator can bring to this team. I certainly liked the results of having a replacement for Chow's original pick for defensive coordinator last year. I wish he could've found someone to make offensive calls last year too.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

madeinhawaii wrote: I'm with you. Having a good qb without a supporting cast is like having Moniz in 2011. Weren't we projected to take the WAC that season even though Moniz was pretty much the only player coming back on Offense?
Exactly. Look at 2004 as another example. Even if Wittek pans out, which I'm not convinced he will, Hawaii will still be losing big. It will just be by 21-45 type scores instead of 14-35 type scores. Besides, has there been any season under Chow where the QB wasn't hurt at some point? Woolsey will be back out there one way or another.

As much as I don't like Clune the individual, he was a great coach that turned around a poor defense immediately. Great schemer. Tom Mason on the other hand, has struggled mightily everywhere he's been. That SMU defense last year was one of the worst nationally, and they were loaded with great recruits. Someone outside of Tulimasealii , or several someones, on the DL are going to have to step up or we may be looking at a similar fate.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

J-Rod wrote:

I ain't buying into that hype.

And Boise is probably better than Wisky this year.
I am the one who knocks.