wittek #1 qb

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: wittek #1 qb

Post by WA Warrior »

EITSwarrior wrote:
My3Cats wrote:808Hawaii was an optimist until Chowball began.
That would describe the majority of fans
I fit that category, then Chow ball screwed it all up.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

WA Warrior wrote: I fit that category, then Chow ball screwed it all up.
Even the worst of JJ teams had the hope of an 8-win season. 8 wins is a Chow dream season. 2007 stars aligning type season.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

three ifs for hawaii's passing game:

1. if, the o line gives at least 3 seconds of protection to the qb;
2. if, the receivers have the speed to get open, height and muscle to pull the ball in and some brag yac;
3. if, from the snap, wittek consistently gets the ball in the air in less than 1.7 seconds.

then, hawaii can win games this year. maybe more than expected in the first six weeks.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

st808 wrote:three ifs for hawaii's passing game:

1. if, the o line gives at least 3 seconds of protection to the qb;
2. if, the receivers have the speed to get open, height and muscle to pull the ball in and some brag yac;
3. if, from the snap, wittek consistently gets the ball in the air in less than 1.7 seconds.

then, hawaii can win games this year. maybe more than expected in the first six weeks.
My three if's for Hawaii's passing game:

1. if, Wittek can learn the playbook book fast enough
2. if, Wittek can develop chemistry with one of the receivers or TE's
3. if, screen plays will be in the game plan on a consistent basis
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

EITSwarrior wrote:
My3Cats wrote:808Hawaii was an optimist until Chowball began.
That would describe the majority of fans
It describes the vocal minority.

Witek got beat out by a Heisman Trophy candidate. Things panned out for us and we got him. If he did graduate on time and had two years left he would have been at Texas.

He is much better then anyone that we have had over the last six years.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

TheDuke wrote:He is much better then anyone that we have had over the last six years.
That is absurd. Putting him ahead of Moniz already? He was terrible at USC. He didn't just get beat out by Kessler. He sucked. USC fans openly mock him, because he was a joke. Let's see him play well for the first time since high school before claiming he's better than Bryant Moniz.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Many have to face the fact that Ikaika "Making Me" Woosley's lack of production necessitated a change. There is nowhere else to go than upward, right? Note I do give him credit for being tough and not quitting.

As for Wittek, the OL line needs to protect him and the WRs need to catch the ball, which is outside of his control. I hope he can produce and provide a much needed surge in offensive momentum. Imua Warriors!
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:Many have to face the fact that Ikaika "Making Me" Woosley's lack of production necessitated a change. There is nowhere else to go than upward, right? Note I do give him credit for being tough and not quitting.

As for Wittek, the OL line needs to protect him and the WRs need to catch the ball, which is outside of his control. I hope he can produce and provide a much needed surge in offensive momentum. Imua Warriors!
Receivers still need to get open fast, go for, and catch the ball. RBs need to stay healthy and gain positive yards per carry. Hopefully we'll see improvement in these areas this season.

What's exciting is that we have two new RBs (Harris and Davis) that are transfers who could make an immediate impact. Our receivers have a little more experience under Chow with a good mix of seniors and juniors. AND, we have a new tight end transfer that looks promising as a receiver/blocker in Davasyia Hagger.

Oline gets an infusion of freshman and a couple of JC transfers that may be able to sub immediately.

Defensive end still seems to be a concern. Wonder if they can move one of the bigger, new JC oline tranfers to that position for the season?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

Palolo_2LA wrote:Many have to face the fact that Ikaika "Making Me" Woosley's lack of production necessitated a change. There is nowhere else to go than upward, right? Note I do give him credit for being tough and not quitting.

I wouldn't say the OL protecting him is totally out of his control, if he can recognize where the blitz is coming from he can call an audible to change the play which also changes pass protection. He also can identify where the "Mike" LB is. read where he's coming from and change the direction of the play. There are a bunch of different reads a QB can make that can change and help the OL, putting all the blame on the O-line sometimes is inaccurate.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Just read Steele's magazine. Has Hawaii finishing 5th in the Mountain Division, missing a bowl.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

J-Rod wrote:Just read Steele's magazine. Has Hawaii finishing 5th in the Mountain Division, missing a bowl.
These reports are best guesses. As far as guessing goes, I agree that it is more likely that we miss the bowl than we go to the bowl.

But magazine ratings do not win or lose football games. We have a decent chance of winning season regardless of the forecasts.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Makana wrote:

I wouldn't say the OL protecting him is totally out of his control, if he can recognize where the blitz is coming from he can call an audible to change the play which also changes pass protection. He also can identify where the "Mike" LB is. read where he's coming from and change the direction of the play. There are a bunch of different reads a QB can make that can change and help the OL, putting all the blame on the O-line sometimes is inaccurate.
Right...but I havent seen many audibles. Have you? Maybe not an option in Uncle Chow Offense...maybe a change in Bailey's?

Irresective of all the changes /swtiches at his disposal, the OL getting blown up, out quicked or incapable of blocking the guy infront of them is out of the QBs control. To be frank, it wouldn't matter if Farve or Montana is back there if they are constantly being swarmed by defensive players. I played with talented QBs that were never able to fulfill their abilty bc of $hitty OL play.
Last edited by Palolo_2LA on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

UnBiasFan wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Just read Steele's magazine. Has Hawaii finishing 5th in the Mountain Division, missing a bowl.
These reports are best guesses. As far as guessing goes, I agree that it is more likely that we miss the bowl than we go to the bowl.

But magazine ratings do not win or lose football games. We have a decent chance of winning season regardless of the forecasts.
And that's an unbiased opinion?
I am the one who knocks.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

808Hawaii wrote:
UnBiasFan wrote:

And that's an unbiased opinion?
No, but this one is..
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/ ... 380/102380

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
Makana wrote:

Right...but I havent seen many audibles. Have you? Maybe not an option in Uncle Chow Offense...maybe a change in Bailey's?

Irresective of all the changes /swtiches at his disposal, the OL getting blown up, out quicked or incapable of blocking the guy infront of them is out of the QBs control. To be frank, it wouldnt matter if Farve or Montana is back there if they are constatnly being swarmed by defensive players. I played with talendted QBs that were never able to fulfill their abilty bc of $hitty OL play.
Just disagreeing with you about protection being out of a QB's control.

And just to be frank, Favre and Montana can read a defense better than any college QB they would definitely make a difference if they were back there.

When it's all said and done it's all about game planning and now that Chow has a real OC in there maybe it will be a lot better.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum