wittek #1 qb

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
warbow
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: wittek #1 qb

Post by warbow »

J-Rod wrote:The Carr brothers were chokers, but Wittek is a potential future 1st round pick. Got it.

We've reached peak delusional state. 8)
http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=323592567

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=333330023

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... re?id=2326

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

xer 21 wrote: Thank God someone else here has actually watched some of these people play.

Though i think Kessler might go in the middle rounds off the strength of USC's reputation. Wouldnt be the first time.

people only think it's a weak class because they dont recognize any names.
I've watched a lot of them play. OK, weak may have been too harsh. But I compare this upcoming class to the 2011 QB draft class. One or two good looking stars, some serviceable ones and a bunch of boom or busts.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

Makana wrote:
xer 21 wrote: Thank God someone else here has actually watched some of these people play.

Though i think Kessler might go in the middle rounds off the strength of USC's reputation. Wouldnt be the first time.

I'm just basing their draft status off of their body of work, they could move up or down depending on, off season interviews, Senior Bowl, Combine performance and Pro Days.

I know I have Kessler rated kind of low, but when it's all said and done, IMO I think Kessler will be in the 4th-6th round range due to his height and arm strength. I'm not saying he has a weak arm, it's just when you draft a QB in the 1st and 2nd rounds you want a John Elway/Dan Marino type arm strength. Again don't get me wrong Kessler has some pin-point accuracy and nice touch on the ball, it's just my opinion though and think when he get's his hands on a NFL ball on the Combine it will expose his arm strength a little. With that said, I LOVE Kessler's pocket presence just, sorta Tom Brady'ish. But I compare Cody Kessler to Aaron Murray who went in the 5th round of the 2014 draft. Might've been due to injury though but I think Murray's height made him slip a little more than he should have.
rhat usc effect is strong though. The Sanchize went top10, and was pretty much the same size as kessler.

I feel like hes a 3-4 rounder. 5 or layer is a bit low, imo
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Manoa wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote:
Manoa wrote:Look at it this way, how many first round QB's do not have good stats-- high completions, high ratings, efficient in TD passes, low INT's to TD passes, etc.? Or even simpler, how many first rounders do not do well in college-- meaning having good stats.
Most college QB "legends" number wise suck in the NFL. Differences in game and player speed, scheme and skill sets needed make them limited in the NFL.
Lots of QB's don't cut it. But look at Andrew Luck and his phenomenal college stats. Marcus Mariota has phenomenal stats, but we will see how he develops.

Not saying you need phenomenal stats, but most NFL quarterbacks have good stats. NOt sure any QB's are drafted that do not have a high rating and a completion rae that is in the top 20-- meaning better than 60% completions.
Another point is many big numbers guys are successful bc of schemes and many use short/mid range passes that WRs make YAC to boose #'s. Thus, many don't have the arm neccessary to make the NFL throws or can't adjust to placing the ball in smaller windows, bc their WRs are usually wide open and don't require them to throw outs and skinny posts like NFL.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

xer 21 wrote:
Makana wrote:

I'm just basing their draft status off of their body of work, they could move up or down depending on, off season interviews, Senior Bowl, Combine performance and Pro Days.

I know I have Kessler rated kind of low, but when it's all said and done, IMO I think Kessler will be in the 4th-6th round range due to his height and arm strength. I'm not saying he has a weak arm, it's just when you draft a QB in the 1st and 2nd rounds you want a John Elway/Dan Marino type arm strength. Again don't get me wrong Kessler has some pin-point accuracy and nice touch on the ball, it's just my opinion though and think when he get's his hands on a NFL ball on the Combine it will expose his arm strength a little. With that said, I LOVE Kessler's pocket presence just, sorta Tom Brady'ish. But I compare Cody Kessler to Aaron Murray who went in the 5th round of the 2014 draft. Might've been due to injury though but I think Murray's height made him slip a little more than he should have.
rhat usc effect is strong though. The Sanchize went top10, and was pretty much the same size as kessler.

I feel like hes a 3-4 rounder. 5 or layer is a bit low, imo
The Jets surprised me that year taking Sanchez that high in the 1st round, I had him rated as a late 2nd-3rd round pick. I'm not sure if you remember the 2009 Combine, but Mark Sanchez I think was the star that day even over Matthew Stafford. But IMO after that Combine performance I thought he was a sure fire 2nd round pick....nope I couldn't have been more wrong. And honestly, I think Kessler is a far better prospect than Sanchez, he certainly has better numbers than Sanchez did in college so who knows Kessler's stock could sky rocket after the Combine.

Anyway getting back to Wittek as a 1st round pick, I just don't see it, at least not in Chows Pistol-Offense. I will say this though, Wittek not being able to beat out Cody Kessler at USC, should say more about how good Kessler is rather than how bad Wittek is as a QB.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

I disagree with Kessler being better an Sanchez. Can't compare Kessler's 2014 stats to Sanchez's 2008 stats. Totally different offenses. Better off comparing Kessler's 2013 stats to Sanchez. And Sanchez comes out with better stats. Plus Sanchez is more athletic and IMO has a stronger arm than Kessler. Now, should he have been a Top-10 pick? In hindsight, obviously not, but I was totally on board with the pick at the time.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

EITSwarrior wrote:I disagree with Kessler being better an Sanchez. Can't compare Kessler's 2014 stats to Sanchez's 2008 stats. Totally different offenses. Better off comparing Kessler's 2013 stats to Sanchez. And Sanchez comes out with better stats. Plus Sanchez is more athletic and IMO has a stronger arm than Kessler. Now, should he have been a Top-10 pick? In hindsight, obviously not, but I was totally on board with the pick at the time.
How are the offenses different in terms where their decision making would change??

As for being more athletic, athleticism and being mobile as a QB are two very small qualities I look for in a QB, IMO. How I judge a QB is, first and foremost arm strength, but even that isn't a major factor when judging a QB. I think a QB's mechanics, footwork, pocket awareness and leadership qualities are far more important being a QB. I'd take a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady over Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick ANY DAY of the week especially on Sunday's. You want your QB to utilize the offense around him, not take off and run with a higher chance of getting injured, again just my opinion.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Manoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Manoa »

Another point is many big numbers guys are successful bc of schemes and many use short/mid range passes that WRs make YAC to boose #'s. Thus, many don't have the arm neccessary to make the NFL throws or can't adjust to placing the ball in smaller windows, bc their WRs are usually wide open and don't require them to throw outs and skinny posts like NFL.[/quote]

True, but the first round draft guys have good stats in college examples are Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, and Marcus Mariota-- great stats and college careers. So good stats do not mean you are an NFL top draft pick. Bad or mediocre stats mean that you probably are not going to be a filrst round pick. So-so stats usually go with other factors that may make you a lower second or lower pick and those guys develop in the league-- like Drew Brees.