Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Re: wittek #1 qb

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Just disagreeing with you about protection being out of a QB's control.

And just to be frank, Favre and Montana can read a defense better than any college QB they would definitely make a difference if they were back there.

When it's all said and done it's all about game planning and now that Chow has a real OC in there maybe it will be a lot better.[/quote]

No sure..Farve in Atlanta and Montana early in his career were plagued by bad OLs. These guys would make a difference, but with a $hitty line, you are under fire all game.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

quikfeat
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by quikfeat »

IF Wittek does well for UH this year, he could potentially be a 1st round draft pick in the 2016 NFL Draft!!! He could even go No. 1 IF he does well and does well at the combine and his pro day since Norm runs basically a pro-style offense. Whereas Colt Brennan, who I thought could play in ANY system (I think Jim Zorn just did not like him for some reason and it carried over when Mike Shanahan took over since how can Shanahan choose Rex "INT" Grossman over Colt???) - June's Run & Shoot or the NFL's pro-style, got knocked for coming out of June's Run & Shoot offense.
Wittek would not have a chance of winning the Heisman however UNLESS Hawaii does well won/loss wise - your team NEEDS to have a GOOD RECORD also in order to be considered for Heisman. However a 1st round pick is not out of the question since the offense could do well however the defense struggles BUT HOPEFULLY this year BOTH do well in the same season!!!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

quikfeat wrote:IF Wittek does well for UH this year, he could potentially be a 1st round draft pick in the 2016 NFL Draft!!! He could even go No. 1 IF he does well and does well at the combine and his pro day since Norm runs basically a pro-style offense. Whereas Colt Brennan, who I thought could play in ANY system (I think Jim Zorn just did not like him for some reason and it carried over when Mike Shanahan took over since how can Shanahan choose Rex "INT" Grossman over Colt???) - June's Run & Shoot or the NFL's pro-style, got knocked for coming out of June's Run & Shoot offense.
Wittek would not have a chance of winning the Heisman however UNLESS Hawaii does well won/loss wise - your team NEEDS to have a GOOD RECORD also in order to be considered for Heisman. However a 1st round pick is not out of the question since the offense could do well however the defense struggles BUT HOPEFULLY this year BOTH do well in the same season!!!
Wittek hype has reached its max. Geez people, he left USC because he was terrible there. He's the butt of jokes among Trojan fans. 1st round draft pick? Heisman? Good lord. Let's slow the train down and make him prove himself first, something he hasn't done.

Every time he started for USC, he struggled mightily. Despite having elite talent at his disposal. If he was as great as people think he is, he'd still be at SC.

This is no Colt Brennan situation. He isn't here because he got in trouble, or got hurt...he's here cause he didn't cut it at USC. Again, make him earn this level of respect for the first time in his career. We've anointed this guy king before he's proven to be an effective football player at the FBS level.

warbow
High-quality H20 provider

Post by warbow »

Lol, name me one QB who didn't suck under Lame Kiffin?

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

warbow wrote:Lol, name me one QB who didn't suck under Lame Kiffin?
Now here is a poster that gets it.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

J-Rod wrote:
quikfeat wrote:IF Wittek does well for UH this year, he could potentially be a 1st round draft pick in the 2016 NFL Draft!!! He could even go No. 1 IF he does well and does well at the combine and his pro day since Norm runs basically a pro-style offense. Whereas Colt Brennan, who I thought could play in ANY system (I think Jim Zorn just did not like him for some reason and it carried over when Mike Shanahan took over since how can Shanahan choose Rex "INT" Grossman over Colt???) - June's Run & Shoot or the NFL's pro-style, got knocked for coming out of June's Run & Shoot offense.
Wittek hype has reached its max. Geez people, he left USC because he was terrible there. He's the butt of jokes among Trojan fans. 1st round draft pick? Heisman? Good lord. Let's slow the train down and make him prove himself first, something he hasn't done.

Every time he started for USC, he struggled mightily. Despite having elite talent at his disposal. If he was as great as people think he is, he'd still be at SC.

This is no Colt Brennan situation. He isn't here because he got in trouble, or got hurt...he's here cause he didn't cut it at USC. Again, make him earn this level of respect for the first time in his career. We've anointed this guy king before he's proven to be an effective football player at the FBS level.
He got beat out by a potential Heisman Trophy candidate. Get your facts straight. And when was the last time you attended a practice this fall?

Listen to the hype? Go and see for yourself.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

TheDuke wrote:
He got beat out by a potential Heisman Trophy candidate. Get your facts straight. And when was the last time you attended a practice this fall?
you act like it was even close. Wittek was awful. yes, he got "beat out by a potential heisman trophy candidate", but Kessler was barely more than a game manager that year to begin with, and it was hardly a competition. Kessler won by showing up. Wittek was so bad he made everyone here think that UH's 2013 defense was actually going to be good, when in reality it was just the case of a bad QB squandering the plethora of NFL wide receivers at his disposal. you could have taken a random starting qB from any FBS school, and i'd bet you'd have a better than average chance of finding a QB who would have out performed wittek in 2013.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

CoconutKid

Post by CoconutKid »

J-Rod wrote:

The only thing accurate about your post is the last 2 sentences. The rest is pure jibberish. It's clear that you have absolutely no notion of what transpired during his time at SC.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

TheDuke wrote: He got beat out by a potential Heisman Trophy candidate. Get your facts straight. And when was the last time you attended a practice this fall?

No thanks, I've heard enough tall tales from fans who watched practice throughout this regime. Enough from people like you, hyping up this team only to see them perform to the contrary when game time arrives.

No more talk. Put it on the field. =;

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

CoconutKid wrote: The only thing accurate about your post is the last 2 sentences. The rest is pure jibberish. It's clear that you have absolutely no notion of what transpired during his time at SC.
The truth hurts. He was dreadful, dominated even at times. Might he turn this around? Possibly, but his hype is beyond out of control. We're placing Brennan-level expectations for a player whose never proven to be an effective FBS athlete/

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

J-Rod wrote:
TheDuke wrote: He got beat out by a potential Heisman Trophy candidate. Get your facts straight. And when was the last time you attended a practice this fall?

No thanks, I've heard enough tall tales from fans who watched practice throughout this regime. Enough from people like you, hyping up this team only to see them perform to the contrary when game time arrives.

No more talk. Put it on the field. =;
Just as I thought. You haven't seen one snap. Another arm chair minion.

N more talk? You're doing all the talking. Put it on the field? When was the last time you were on the field (as a spectator)?

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

J-Rod wrote:
CoconutKid wrote: The only thing accurate about your post is the last 2 sentences. The rest is pure jibberish. It's clear that you have absolutely no notion of what transpired during his time at SC.
The truth hurts. He was dreadful, dominated even at times. Might he turn this around? Possibly, but his hype is beyond out of control. We're placing Brennan-level expectations for a player whose never proven to be an effective FBS athlete/
You are reading between the lines again. No one is placing Brennan-level expectations. Most of us have simply stated that he was highly ranked nationally out of college, he went to USC and he played at USC, there are other football so called experts that have a very high regard for him and based on what some of us have ACTUALLY SEEN ON THE FIELD he is the best that we got, he is accurate and throws a good long ball.

What do you have but gossip, rumors and hearsay?

Ans I do know life time, season ticket USC football fans that do go to every game.

There are people with credentials in the football world that have a high regard for Wittek? What are yours other then not seeing a play this fall?

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

TheDuke wrote: Just as I thought. You haven't seen one snap. Another arm chair minion.

N more talk? You're doing all the talking. Put it on the field? When was the last time you were on the field (as a spectator)?
I don't need to see this team in practice to know what will happen this fall. In fact, witnessing practice often presents a false sense of security and distorted perception of reality. Any situation can be turned into a positive by the biased fan. That is the nature of performing against your teammates. There is always a yin to the yang. The pessimist will say that Wittek was intercepted, the optimist will say that the intercepting defense looks good. The optimist will say that St. Juste took one to the house, the pessimist will say that the run defense looks suspect.

Again, put it on the field. No more talk for Wittek. He needs to earn his respect. RESULTS...not hearsay and practice hype. I'd love to see him prove me wrong.

Edit: speaking of practice, Wittek went 11/26 for 135 passing yards and 1 INT in a scrimmage at Aloha Stadium.

CoconutKid

Post by CoconutKid »

J-Rod wrote:
But that's the point. There is NO truth to your assertions. You rail against the hyperbole, which is fine. But your rebuttals are filled with so much inaccuracies, it pure garbage.

More accuracy and vision than Ikaika, Infinitely better arm strength than Shroeder, no injury record like Graham. I'm in wait-and-see mode myself. But I'm excited from what I know and see.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

TheDuke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
You are reading between the lines again. No one is placing Brennan-level expectations. Most of us have simply stated that he was highly ranked nationally out of college, he went to USC and he played at USC, there are other football so called experts that have a very high regard for him and based on what some of us have ACTUALLY SEEN ON THE FIELD he is the best that we got, he is accurate and throws a good long ball.

What do you have but gossip, rumors and hearsay?

Ans I do know life time, season ticket USC football fans that do go to every game.

There are people with credentials in the football world that have a high regard for Wittek? What are yours other then not seeing a play this fall?
i've seen him in practice for a year and a half, and watched his play at USC in 2013. Is that good enough?

he doesnt look any good. he sometimes looks good in practice, but you know who else did? Woolsey. Graham. the only player who consistently looked lost in practice during Chow's tenure was Higgins.

everyone looks good sometimes, and it depends on the drills. when they go full speed, Wittek usually comes back down to earth. i dont know how much practice you watched last year, but he's not any huge measure better than Woolsey was doing.

I bought into the hype on Woolsey last year because i thought he looked improved in practice. than i realized what was actually going on.

and outside of a few scout articles rating him highly (in the MWC, that's important, because the qb situation is BAD in conference right now). who regards him highly?
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.