AD on the Warrior Schedule

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
CoconutKid
High-quality H20 provider

AD on the Warrior Schedule

Post by CoconutKid »

Here's a link to Ferd Lewis's article. http://www.staradvertiser.com/sportspre ... =304968511

I won't copy it here since it's premium content, but basically, it states that the difficult 13 games in 13 weeks schedule, including bodybag games vs OSU and Wisc, is an anomoly, given the financial difficulties.

I agree wholeheartedly. I would love to have some games with BCS schools but balance it with games that will allow us to compete for a postseason bowl birth.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: AD on the Warrior Schedule

Post by J-Rod »

Boise State is more of a body bag game than Wisconsin is. Badgers are rebuilding, and coming off an embarrassing loss to close last season. BSU won a NY6 bowl, and returns the 2nd-most starters in the nation. That said, that 4 week period will be insane either way. I can't remember Hawaii playing 3 potentially colossal beat down road games in such a short span.

Chow and co. could make a late run at a bowl. The 2nd half of the schedule is more than manageable, if the team can survive the early onslaught.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

J-Rod wrote:Boise State is more of a body bag game than Wisconsin is. Badgers are rebuilding, and coming off an embarrassing loss to close last season. BSU won a NY6 bowl, and returns the 2nd-most starters in the nation. That said, that 4 week period will be insane either way. I can't remember Hawaii playing 3 potentially colossal beat down road games in such a short span.

Chow and co. could make a late run at a bowl. The 2nd half of the schedule is more than manageable, if the team can survive the early onslaught.
Problem is, we have little depth in the key areas. Oline and Dline. Oline gets 5 new recruits this summer... but will they be ready to jump in perform at D1 level by then?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

CoconutKid wrote:Here's a link to Ferd Lewis's article. http://www.staradvertiser.com/sportspre ... =304968511

I won't copy it here since it's premium content, but basically, it states that the difficult 13 games in 13 weeks schedule, including bodybag games vs OSU and Wisc, is an anomoly, given the financial difficulties.

I agree wholeheartedly. I would love to have some games with BCS schools but balance it with games that will allow us to compete for a postseason bowl birth.
That's only two games. Throw in BSU and that's three loses. But the other nine games are winnable. One site puts our over/under at six. http://www.mwcconnection.com/2015/5/27/ ... utah-state

Personally, I'd take the under.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

madeinhawaii wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Boise State is more of a body bag game than Wisconsin is. Badgers are rebuilding, and coming off an embarrassing loss to close last season. BSU won a NY6 bowl, and returns the 2nd-most starters in the nation. That said, that 4 week period will be insane either way. I can't remember Hawaii playing 3 potentially colossal beat down road games in such a short span.

Problem is, we have little depth in the key areas. Oline and Dline. Oline gets 5 new recruits this summer... but will they be ready to jump in perform at D1 level by then?
We don't even have starters on the Dline. Who's in the rotation is a complete mystery.
I am the one who knocks.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Not that many years ago, we wanted our Warriors to play a tougher schedule.. then we let one coach go.. then fired the next...

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Today, UNLV is a tough game. :oops:
I am the one who knocks.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Now the good news.
If UH can nurture new fans during these austere times (wins and budget), then these new fans will be die-hard fans.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

madeinhawaii wrote:Now the good news.
If UH can nurture new fans during these austere times (wins and budget), then these new fans will be die-hard fans.
The scary part is the young fans aren't being enticed to go to the games. The offense is boring and unsuccessful. Regardless of age, we all want to see the RNS. And our head coach has the charisma of a coconut. Hard to want to support that program.
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

808Hawaii wrote:
The scary part is the young fans aren't being enticed to go to the games. The offense is boring and unsuccessful. Regardless of age, we all want to see the RNS. And our head coach has the charisma of a coconut. Hard to want to support that program.
That's an insult to all "coconuts". I would go with "dead stinky fish" for the analogy.

Here, fixed it for you...

And our head coach has the charisma of a dead stinky fish.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

My3Cats wrote: That's an insult to all "coconuts". I would go with "dead stinky fish" for the analogy.

Here, fixed it for you...

And our head coach has the charisma of a dead stinky fish.
:o Wow!!! A My3Cats is complaining about the smell of fish....that's like wolves complaining that cows bleed to much blood in their meat! :lol: :lol:

But, I agree...CHOW does stink! The odor of his tenure will linger longer than anyone in our UH Football history...mark my words. :read:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

FMSD
MLB: Mets
NBA: Magic
NFL: Tampa Bay

Post by FMSD »

808Hawaii wrote:
Have to agree here. I'm on the mainland (east coast) and its tough watching this predictable offense. I'm not football genius but if they need to make the offense more uptempo. Not saying the RNS is the answer but, if done right, it would give the team a punchers chance in a lot more games.

Sweet Lei Mokihana
MLB: Los Angelas Dodgers
NBA: AnybodybutLakers&Heat
NFL: Cardinals and Seahawks

Post by Sweet Lei Mokihana »

FMSD wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:
Have to agree here. I'm on the mainland (east coast) and its tough watching this predictable offense. I'm not football genius but if they need to make the offense more uptempo. Not saying the RNS is the answer but, if done right, it would give the team a punchers chance in a lot more games.
Yeah, I don't think the R&S is the answer either. And I'm dang sure don't want to see JJ or his R&S out on our sidelines.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Yeah, I think JJ returning with the R&S injects life into the program again....hope. But...the R&S hasn't been successful in a winning way anywhere in college football since 2010. JJ's version struggled at the end of his era at SMU. Defenses have figured it out.

Frankly, I'd be more receptive to a Dino Babers spread than the R&S. That said, obviously any of these alternatives are better than the current predicament.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

J-Rod wrote:Yeah, I think JJ returning with the R&S injects life into the program again....hope. But...the R&S hasn't been successful in a winning way anywhere in college football since 2010. JJ's version struggled at the end of his era at SMU. Defenses have figured it out.

Frankly, I'd be more receptive to a Dino Babers spread than the R&S. That said, obviously any of these alternatives are better than the current predicament.
JJ's R&S is good enough to reach our goal - win our division and be bowl eligible. The R&S only has to be successful against Fresno, SDSU, SJSU, Nev, and UNLV. Win our division and play in the conference championship game and Hawaii Bowl.
I am the one who knocks.