aaron zwahlen 4* checks in tuesday

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: aaron zwahlen 4* checks in tuesday

Post by 808Hawaii »

TheDuke wrote:what a bunch of doom and gloomers.

Maybe wearing Colts number will motivate him. Why pressure?

Lots of recruits don't get recruited by some schools because they have made it very clear that they don't plan on going to a certain geo or have made a solid commit someplace else. It also depends on how deep the QB class is. And many teams don't want players that go on a mission. They need help now and won't wait for a player. All QBs out of HS are rated on productivity at the HS level and potential at the college level. This guy has performed at the HS level. He also has 2 yrs of a mission under his belt. 2 years of adversity and maturity.

I look forward to seeing what this man can do.
I look forward to seeing what Aaron can do also but can you really blame anyone for being a doom and gloomer? What else do we have to judge this year's team besides past history? We still have the same stubborn old coach. The early preseason polls have us near the bottom of our division again. The national polls have us well beyond the wrong side of 100. Even some of the team's biggest cheerleaders (Curran and Kekaula) are calling the schedule brutal. The UHAD is in a financial disaster. Many long time season-ticket holders gave up on the Warriors. They are not being replaced by younger fans. Why would any Warrior fan have reason for optimism?
I am the one who knocks.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

I care about what Aaron does on the field not what he was rated as 3 years ago. I care about the recruits that made a commitment to UH. This thread is about Aaron not Norm Chow.

And I don't think any jersey should be retired. There was more players on that 2007 team. Colt even missed a game.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote:
TheDuke wrote:what a bunch of doom and gloomers.

Maybe wearing Colts number will motivate him. Why pressure?

Lots of recruits don't get recruited by some schools because they have made it very clear that they don't plan on going to a certain geo or have made a solid commit someplace else. It also depends on how deep the QB class is. And many teams don't want players that go on a mission. They need help now and won't wait for a player. All QBs out of HS are rated on productivity at the HS level and potential at the college level. This guy has performed at the HS level. He also has 2 yrs of a mission under his belt. 2 years of adversity and maturity.

I look forward to seeing what this man can do.
When someone accomplishes as much as Colt did, you reitre his number...it is classy and builds tradition. This is not a knock on the new QB. I also believe Al's 54 should be retired.
When you have over 100 players on the roster (including redshirts and scout team, etc.), you need every number.
Actually, you can double numbers as long as 1 player from O and one from D.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

TheDuke wrote:I care about what Aaron does on the field not what he was rated as 3 years ago. I care about the recruits that made a commitment to UH. This thread is about Aaron not Norm Chow.

And I don't think any jersey should be retired. There was more players on that 2007 team. Colt even missed a game.
Who on that team made a large impact? If your answer is not Colt, you are no fimilar with reality. Plus retiring a nubmer is about the entire career. Again, if not Colt, I have my doubts about you and your FB knowledge.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:[quote="808Hawaii]When you have over 100 players on the roster (including redshirts and scout team, etc.), you need every number.
Actually, you can double numbers as long as 1 player from O and one from D.[/quote][/quote]
Is true but why you want to do that?
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
TheDuke wrote:I care about what Aaron does on the field not what he was rated as 3 years ago. I care about the recruits that made a commitment to UH. This thread is about Aaron not Norm Chow.

Who on that team made a large impact? If your answer is not Colt, you are no fimilar with reality. Plus retiring a nubmer is about the entire career. Again, if not Colt, I have my doubts about you and your FB knowledge.
Sugar Bowl. Heisman finalist. OK, you talked me into it. #15 should be retired.
I am the one who knocks.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:

In coming back for his senior year, Colt who was projected to be near the top of the draft that year, gave up millions. The millions that UH garnered from the season in ticket and product sales + the huge Sugar Bowl payout, are pretty much Colt's gift to UH. Almost as much as Ching gave to build the sports mulitiplex. Yeah, #15, should have been retired for as long as Colt is alive or all of his records shattered at UH.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Palolo_2LA wrote:

If the backup QB didn't keep us in the game at Reno and the Iceman didn't make that kick we would have just been another very good UH team. It's not like Colt did much against Georgia. And his off field issues doesn't warrant it.

I like Colt. I actually have an autographed Advertiser front sports page article when "Colt will pass on classes" the morning he was at the Honolulu Airport on his way to NY for the Heisman that weekend.

I just think no jersey at UH should be retired. And the 2006 and 2007 had very good players on both sides of the ball.