All-conference

Re: State of our Defensive Line

Post by 808Hawaii »

Sione Kauhi?
I am the one who knocks.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

808Hawaii wrote:Sione Kauhi?
kapakahi wrote:Kauhi was playing LT the last week of Spring Ball.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

kapakahi wrote:
I remember you posting this last week. Are you sure it wasn't Kauahi playing LT? Very similar names but Kaihi supposed to be a DL. But then again, Kauahi seems too small to play LT.
I am the one who knocks.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

808Hawaii wrote:
kapakahi wrote:
I remember you posting this last week. Are you sure it wasn't Kauahi playing LT? Very similar names but Kaihi supposed to be a DL. But then again, Kauahi seems too small to play LT.
Kauhi is no longer playing DE. Was getting reps at LT.....while Norman moved over to RT. With Clarke out, Koloamatangi was also getting reps at LT.......with Hollis getting reps at RT.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Ask wyokie. The "Have faith, anything can happen" argument gets old as s*** fast. You know your team is bad when that's the argument people are resorting to.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

J-Rod wrote:Ask wyokie. The "Have faith, anything can happen" argument gets old as s*** fast. You know your team is bad when that's the argument people are resorting to.
Aint that the damned truth. :roll: WyoNation, where I help moderate, has one (maybe two) guys who put new meaning to the term "sunshine pumpers" to the point you wantta puke big-time!!! Sometimes it's just best to see the reality of the situation and just live with it. Part of it can be fixed but for the most part and with the way college football is evolving, the situation will sadly get bleaker for programs like Hawai'i or Wyoming. What pisses me off is that the current situation benefits current non-P5 programs like Smurf State University...mainly because they learned how to butt-kiss ESPN. Appease ESPN and the world is your oyster!!! :roll:

A side note to yall: Sometimes I need a beer or two when two or more guys on that board get into a "barfight" there so...I have a lot of respect for the moderators on this board like Big Wave.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

kapakahi wrote: Kauhi is no longer playing DE. Was getting reps at LT.....while Norman moved over to RT. With Clarke out, Koloamatangi was also getting reps at LT.......with Hollis getting reps at RT.
Thanks for this information. But I have a question. Kauhi is a true freshman from Oregon, right? How come he's not still in high school?
I am the one who knocks.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

808Hawaii wrote:
kapakahi wrote: Kauhi is no longer playing DE. Was getting reps at LT.....while Norman moved over to RT. With Clarke out, Koloamatangi was also getting reps at LT.......with Hollis getting reps at RT.
Thanks for this information. But I have a question. Kauhi is a true freshman from Oregon, right? How come he's not still in high school?
Kauhi graduated from HS back in 2012.......then started his 2-year LDS mission in Arizona in December 2012.......then returned to Oahu after completing his mission back in November 2014......now that his family relocated from Oregon.

http://portlandtribune.com/wsp/136-spor ... l-on-hold-

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

kapakahi wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:
Kauhi graduated from HS back in 2012.......then started his 2-year LDS mission in Arizona in December 2012.......then returned to Oahu after completing his mission back in November 2014......now that his family relocated from Oregon.

http://portlandtribune.com/wsp/136-spor ... l-on-hold-
Again, thanks for this info.
I am the one who knocks.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

kapakahi wrote:On a potential positive note....

UH had an "under-the-radar" local Class of 2015 HS DE prospect attend the last Saturday’s scrimmage. Won't reveal his identity.......being definitely "under-the-radar".......since he didn't play much at all the past 2 HS seasons......so doesn't have any highlight videos.......nor did he attend any football camps in 2014 other than UH's.

What makes this local HS DE prospect kinda intriguing is that......he definitely already has FBS size......mostly height......at around 6'6" tall.
I guess that this local HS DE prospect......with FBS size.....and legit 6'6" height.......is not that intriguing to everyone else after all.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

kapakahi wrote:

UH had an "under-the-radar" local Class of 2015 HS DE prospect attend the last Saturday’s scrimmage. Won't reveal his identity.......being definitely "under-the-radar".......since he didn't play much at all the past 2 HS seasons......so doesn't have any highlight videos.......nor did he attend any football camps in 2014 other than UH's.

What makes this local HS DE prospect kinda intriguing is that......he definitely already has FBS size......mostly height......at around 6'6" tall.
I guess that this local HS DE prospect......with FBS size.....and legit 6'6" height.......is not that intriguing to everyone else after all.
We all know DL is our weakest position. Any help there is much needed.
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

kapakahi wrote:

I had to think about this one since kapakahi posted. So if the young man is a class of 2015 soon to be graduate, is he being considered for a scholarship offer or invited walk on?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

JustMyOpinion
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by JustMyOpinion »

808Hawaii wrote:
JustMyOpinion wrote:If I recall correctly, Gus Lavaka is expected to enroll in the fall too. He has more of a traditional DT build so he might provide immediate depth for Rasmussen and Gifford.
Sounds like he is an Olineman. Will have to convert to DL in training camp if this is to happen. Coming off a two-year mission so he hasn't played football in a couple of years. Not going be in football shape, especially the contact part.
Actual, he was a 2nd team Utah all-state defensive lineman, but I agree that even if he kept in shape, we can't expect him to be game ready at the beginning of the season.

Just my opinion.

Keith

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

My3Cats wrote:
kapakahi wrote:

I had to think about this one since kapakahi posted. So if the young man is a class of 2015 soon to be graduate, is he being considered for a scholarship offer or invited walk on?
Dunno.

All I know is that.....this local Class of 2015 HS kid played in the OIA.......and has legit 6'6" height......probably taller.......and weighs at least 260 lbs......and was getting a lot of personal attention from Bo Montgomery (former UH Warrior DE and current UH Recruiting Coordinator).

amela
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by amela »

808hawaii. Did Appalachian State beat Michigan? Did Stanford a 41 point underdog beat USC? Can't say anything is not possible, keep the faith guys.