State of our Defensive Line

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
amela
High-quality H20 provider

Re: State of our Defensive Line

Post by amela »

808 Speaking of upsets, Appalachian State beat Michigan in 2007. Temple beat Virginia Tech in '98. USC favored by 41 loss to Stanford. S--t happens. Go Warriors.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

kapakahi wrote:
quikfeat wrote:Nikko-I'm sure will learn to hold the point-the tools look like they are there and hopefully his speed is in the 5 flat area at 300lbs. from 4.87 according to the high school video. If we were playing a 4-3 D, Nikko would make at Great 3T.
#53. Stephen Tsai June 11, 2015 at 9:56 pm

Kapakahi:
It doesn’t appear Taylor is eligible to play.
NT/DT is working on meeting eligibility requirements.
http://hawaiiwarriorworld.com/warrior-b ... -warriors/

Didn't Nikko L.O.I. with Idaho State? http://www.idahostatejournal.com/member ... 685d5.html

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

amela wrote:808 Speaking of upsets, Appalachian State beat Michigan in 2007. Temple beat Virginia Tech in '98. USC favored by 41 loss to Stanford. S--t happens. Go Warriors.
The only one that surprises me there was Temple. Otherwise, there's a world of difference between Stanford/Appalachian and Hawaii. Hawaii is a paper-thin team with no glimmer of coaching brilliance.

I will be glad if we make it out of the opening games with no significant injuries.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

SundayJam wrote:
amela wrote:808 Speaking of upsets, Appalachian State beat Michigan in 2007. Temple beat Virginia Tech in '98. USC favored by 41 loss to Stanford. S--t happens. Go Warriors.
The only one that surprises me there was Temple. Otherwise, there's a world of difference between Stanford/Appalachian and Hawaii. Hawaii is a paper-thin team with no glimmer of coaching brilliance.

I will be glad if we make it out of the opening games with no significant injuries.
Brutal front end of a season without adequate depth upfront on the Defense and Offense. Offense will depend on how healthy the 1st team Oline stays. Defense ... on how good and healthy the Defensive Ends are... as well as how good a nose guard they can groom.

Need to compare our power rankings against those of Colorado, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Boise?
Go here.
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/ ... 380/102380

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

65 CU
83 SDSU
88 Fresno
90 SJSU
91 Nev
100 AFA
105 NM
106 Monroe
(112 UH)
125 UNLV
FCS Davis

This is not a brutal schedule.
I am the one who knocks.

quikfeat
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by quikfeat »

Penitito is listed at 295lbs on the latest 2 deep depth chart that came out in the Star-Advertiser with Rasmussen listed at 295lbs. so there is some size and with Nikko Taylor at 300lbs. we may be alright on D.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

quikfeat wrote:Penitito is listed at 295lbs on the latest 2 deep depth chart that came out in the Star-Advertiser with Rasmussen listed at 295lbs. so there is some size and with Nikko Taylor at 300lbs. we may be alright on D.
Faalologo put on 45 pounds. How can you gain that much weight in one year as an athlete? Rasmussen put on 25 pounds to get up to 295. Even that's a lot of weight to gain in one year. Will Taylor be eligible?
I am the one who knocks.

amela

Post by amela »

Hey cat man upsets do happen that's why they call it upsets. Appalachian beat Michigan.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

amela wrote:Hey cat man upsets do happen that's why they call it upsets. Appalachian beat Michigan.
Appalachian St. had a good coach.

Oops. Sorry to pop your bubble.
I am the one who knocks.

quikfeat
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by quikfeat »

808Hawaii wrote:
quikfeat wrote:Penitito is listed at 295lbs on the latest 2 deep depth chart that came out in the Star-Advertiser with Rasmussen listed at 295lbs. so there is some size and with Nikko Taylor at 300lbs. we may be alright on D.
Faalologo put on 45 pounds. How can you gain that much weight in one year as an athlete? Rasmussen put on 25 pounds to get up to 295. Even that's a lot of weight to gain in one year. Will Taylor be eligible?
Heavy weight training for added muscle, heavy lifting not to mention supplementation and lots of eating but healthy. There was an article regarding Tom Osborne when he coached Nebraska, they used to recruit basketball players who were like 6'5" and maybe 210lbs. as walk-ons they put them on protein and creatine supplementation and weightlifting and by the time they were sophomores they would weigh 300lbs and play OL (that's 90lbs in 2 or 3 years). Osborne looked at basketball types since they woud be athletic with quick feet as future OL which is why some of their linemen weren't heavily recruited. Not sure how many of them panned out and became All-American however I think there were a few mentioned in that article - I thought that was an interesting concept thinking outside the box.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

amela wrote:Hey cat man upsets do happen that's why they call it upsets. Appalachian beat Michigan.
I agree. And I will be incredibly happy and celebrating when that happens.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

My3Cats wrote:
Appalachian State went undefeated in their regular season in 2006 ... when they met up with Michigan to start 2007, they had the same swagger our 2007 Warrior team had. They ended their season 13-2.

Our Warriors are not coming off of a winning season.. they don't have that "swagger"... I don't see it happening.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

madeinhawaii wrote:
My3Cats wrote:
Appalachian State went undefeated in their regular season in 2006 ... when they met up with Michigan to start 2007, they had the same swagger our 2007 Warrior team had. They ended their season 13-2.

Our Warriors are not coming off of a winning season.. they don't have that "swagger"... I don't see it happening.
Party pooper. :P
I am the one who knocks.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

Where has Calen Friel been practicing?? Has he been injured, haven't heard his name in a while?? That's one big cat I'd put at NT.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Makana wrote:Where has Calen Friel been practicing?? Has he been injured, haven't heard his name in a while?? That's one big cat I'd put at NT.
Friel decided to graduate despite having one more year of eligibility. I don't doubt that his many injuries accumulated over his playing career contributed to his decision as well.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.