Rainbow Warriors fill a big need with 6-1 300 lbs NT........

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Rainbow Warriors fill a big need with 6-1 300 lbs NT........

Post by seasider »

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sportspre ... =299662341

You’ll need to be a digital subscriber to open the above link

Excerpts from the above link:

The University of Hawaii football team filled a big need with a 6-foot-1, 300-pound nose tackle.

Last year's top two nose tackles — Moses Samia and Calen Friel — graduated in December. This spring, Kory Rasmussen, a Kamehameha Schools graduate who transferred from Colorado two years ago, and Penitito Faalologo have taken most of the reps at nose. Kennedy Tulimasealii also can play nose in certain sub-packages.

Taylor said he will complete work on his associate's degree in May. He will join the Warriors this summer. He will have two seasons of eligibility.

Taylor said he is capable of bench-pressing more than 400 pounds.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Re: Rainbow Warriors fill a big need with 6-1 300 lbs NT....

Post by Makana »

seasider wrote:http://www.staradvertiser.com/sportspre ... =299662341

The University of Hawaii football team filled a big need with a 6-foot-1, 300-pound nose tackle.

Last year's top two nose tackles — Moses Samia and Calen Friel — graduated in December. This spring, Kory Rasmussen, a Kamehameha Schools graduate who transferred from Colorado two years ago, and Penitito Faalologo have taken most of the reps at nose. Kennedy Tulimasealii also can play nose in certain sub-packages.

Taylor said he will complete work on his associate's degree in May. He will join the Warriors this summer. He will have two seasons of eligibility.

Dummies should have been looking for a NT a long time ago, one of the most important players to running a 3-4.

Does anyone know if the D-line will be playing a two or one-gap DL? Also I think Kory Rasmussen would be better served as a 5-tech, what the hell are they doing??
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

Makana wrote:

Dummies should have been looking for a NT a long time ago, one of the most important players to running a 3-4.

Does anyone know if the D-line will be playing a two or one-gap DL? Also I think Kory Rasmussen would be better served as a 5-tech, what the hell are they doing??
Dummies....LOL!

I'm no expert, but, definitely the coaches weren't seating on their behind...No brainer! I'm sure they offered scholarships to their number one, two and three choices, but getting them to sign on is a different matter.

And, being a mid-major, stuck in the middle of the Pacific (2,500 miles) is a big constant and big negative when it comes down to recruiting. 99% of the athletes they offered most likely decided to play closer to home and for a BCS program.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Stephen Tsai mentioned on the BC Show this morning that UH had previously offered another NT/DT type who was all set to trip here, but he has a phobia about flying. Obviously, that did not work out since UH does not use the S.S. Lurline to travel for road games.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Duster wrote:Stephen Tsai mentioned on the BC Show this morning that UH had previously offered another NT/DT type who was all set to trip here, but he has a phobia about flying. Obviously, that did not work out since UH does not use the S.S. Lurline to travel for road games.
Whoever that poor guy is probably won't be able to find an FBS college that would only travel by bus.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

My3Cats wrote:
Duster wrote:Stephen Tsai mentioned on the BC Show this morning that UH had previously offered another NT/DT type who was all set to trip here, but he has a phobia about flying. Obviously, that did not work out since UH does not use the S.S. Lurline to travel for road games.
Whoever that poor guy is probably won't be able to find an FBS college that would only travel by bus.
A phobia that will probably stay with him for life...a mild sedative or tranquilizer could've help decreased his anxiety before boarding...LOL.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

seasider wrote:
Makana wrote:

Dummies....LOL!

I'm no expert, but, definitely the coaches weren't seating on their behind...No brainer! I'm sure they offered scholarships to their number one, two and three choices, but getting them to sign on is a different matter.

And, being a mid-major, stuck in the middle of the Pacific (2,500 miles) is a big constant and big negative when it comes down to recruiting. 99% of the athletes they offered most likely decided to play closer to home and for a BCS program.
Oh I know they weren't overlooking the NT position, but then again I think they're relying on too little of what they have to produce a lot. For one, let's hope this NT stays healthy, two I hope he can two-gap like he says cause this ain't JC.

If I had to make the decision, I would slide Tulimasealii in the NT rotation and have Rasmussen at one of the 5-tech spot. What other DT/NT's are on the roster??
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Drewster
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Drewster »

He looks like a bad okole.
Class of 94'