Favorite plays

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Favorite plays

Post by UnBiasFan »

This is my favorite because it is about how we protect our house.

Link

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Favorite plays

Post by EITSwarrior »

Any play in which we score is my favorite.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

I looked around but can't find the one where we were playing Florida and I think it was Brashton Satele who smacked into Tebow stopping the touchdown (temporarily) knocking himself out in the effort. What ever happened to him? I thought he was going places in football. I remember that one in particular because they took Tebow out after that play. I love the above play too. Definitely one of my favorites.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

another play like those is pisa cracking the byu QB at the goal line right before halftime, and i think it kept the QB from playing the rest of the game.....

blaze decleating the boise running back was also amazing lol

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Link

Maybe not necessarily my favorite play, but every time I watch this, I get a feeling of frisson.
I mean, the roar of the crowd and the commentator saying, "...the Warriors rising up!" is just amazing.

Especially the context of the play. First game of the season against powerhouse USC. After that disastrous 2009 season (which actually seems mellow now, compared to Chow years). Pilares makes a play that sort of starts the beginning of him being one of Hawaii's actual greats and ditching his "Pilau" nickname and being known for going down with just the slightest touch. The feeling that we could beat USC and just the beginning to a pretty great season.