UH Announces 4 Future Opponents including 2 vs Arizona

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

UH Announces 4 Future Opponents including 2 vs Arizona

Post by BigWave96744 »

Football Announces Four Future Opponents
HONOLULU – The University of Hawai‘i football team will play two Pac-12 opponents and two Football Championship Subdivision foe in its upcoming schedules.

UH and Oregon have agreed to a three-game series beginning in 2020. The Rainbow Warriors and Ducks will meet twice in Eugene, Ore., and once in Honolulu. The games are scheduled for Sept. 19, 2020 and Sept. 16, 2023 in Eugene; and Sept. 21, 2024 in Honolulu.

UH and Arizona will play a home-and-home series beginning next season. The teams will play Sept. 17, 2016 in Tucson, Ariz., and Aug. 30, 2025 in Honolulu.

Hawai‘i will host a pair of FCS teams – Western Carolina, of the Southern Conference, Sept. 2, 2017 and Fordham, of the Patriot League, Sept. 12, 2020.

UH and Oregon last met in 1994 at Aloha Stadium with UH winning 36-16. Oregon leads the all-time series 4-3. The Rainbow Warriors also won the last meeting in Eugene, 24-21, in 1992. In fact, Hawai‘i has won the last three games of the series (1988, ’92, and ’94), which dates back to 1921.

UH and Arizona have met four previous times with the Wildcats winning all four times, including the only meeting in Tucson in 1952 (57-7). The last meeting occurred in 1998 at Aloha Stadium with the 24th-ranked Wildcats prevailing 27-6. The teams also met in 1951 (UA, 32-21) and 1977 (UA, 17-10).

In addition to Oregon and Arizona, UH’s future non-conference schedules includes other Pac-12 opponents Colorado (2015), UCLA (2017), Oregon State (2019 and ’21), and Washington (2019).

BigWave96744

Re: UH Announces 4 Future Opponents including 2 vs Arizona

Post by BigWave96744 »

2016 game vs Arizona could be the battle of 2 Hawaiian QBs, Anu Solomon vs Ikaika Woolsey

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

I have the feeling that the Arizona game in Honolulu in 2025 will not happen. Is there a buyout if they do not honor the agreement?

Are the Pac-12 road games pay-for-play type games, or are they not because there is a 2/1 home and home?

Desert Isle
Play Maker
Play Maker
MLB: Diamondbacks
NBA: Suns
NFL: Cardinals

Post by Desert Isle »

Duster wrote:I have the feeling that the Arizona game in Honolulu in 2025 will not happen. Is there a buyout if they do not honor the agreement?
The Arizona games are actually an extension of the previously announced series. So it's 2 home-and-homes:

2016 - Tucson
2019 - Honolulu
2020 - Tucson
2025 - Honolulu

http://www.wildcatuniverse.com/pac-12-t ... schedules/

I'm already planning on being at the game in 2019! \:D/

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Is there a non D1AA team that UH has a winning record against with a minimum of 2 games played against?

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

WA Warrior wrote:Is there a non D1AA team that UH has a winning record against with a minimum of 2 games played against?
Sure: LaTech, Idaho, Idaho State, UNLV, Army, Montana, Navy, New Mexico, New Mexico St., SMU, UTEP, Tulsa, and Washington State all have losing records against us. We had winning records against Fresno State, Nevada, and Utah State until Norm Chow lost every game to them over the last 4 years.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

SundayJam wrote:
WA Warrior wrote:Is there a non D1AA team that UH has a winning record against with a minimum of 2 games played against?
Sure: LaTech, Idaho, Idaho State, UNLV, Army, Montana, Navy, New Mexico, New Mexico St., SMU, UTEP, Tulsa, and Washington State all have losing records against us. We had winning records against Fresno State, Nevada, and Utah State until Norm Chow lost every game to them over the last 4 years.
SJ thanks for the list of teams, take out the D1AA teams like Montana and Idaho State, and UH is pretty good at being at the top of the bottom of the barrell.

I can't say I'm impressed with any of those teams having a losing record to UH, but hey! It's better than having a losing record to those bottom feeders (not UH isn't) but again, it's kinda good that UH is tops of the worse, kinda.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

WA Warrior wrote: SJ thanks for the list of teams, take out the D1AA teams like Montana and Idaho State, and UH is pretty good at being at the top of the bottom of the barrell.

I can't say I'm impressed with any of those teams having a losing record to UH, but hey! It's better than having a losing record to those bottom feeders (not UH isn't) but again, it's kinda good that UH is tops of the worse, kinda.
http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/active ... onents.php

Here's the link that I used. In conference, we do okay. BYU and Boise State are some of the freaks that we had to play year in and year out. The problem is...we don't play too many regular out of conference teams. I think we play USC regularly and that it. Whenever a friend brings up the so-called unfair refereeing against Michigan State, I always say: It never stops the likes of Wisconsin or USC from playing us.

Anyway, I'm okay with beating powerhouses like Wisconsin and Alabama once in a blue moon. Destroying the National Championship for the Heisman powerhouse BYU that one year was no small achievement either. I also don't mind being the equal of a Fresno State or Nevada. I mean...we do have the same kind of budget and resources.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

SundayJam wrote:
WA Warrior wrote: SJ thanks for the list of teams, take out the D1AA teams like Montana and Idaho State, and UH is pretty good at being at the top of the bottom of the barrell.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/active ... onents.php

Here's the link that I used. In conference, we do okay. BYU and Boise State are some of the freaks that we had to play year in and year out. The problem is...we don't play too many regular out of conference teams. I think we play USC regularly and that it. Whenever a friend brings up the so-called unfair refereeing against Michigan State, I always say: It never stops the likes of Wisconsin or USC from playing us.

Anyway, I'm okay with beating powerhouses like Wisconsin and Alabama once in a blue moon. Destroying the National Championship for the Heisman powerhouse BYU that one year was no small achievement either. I also don't mind being the equal of a Fresno State or Nevada. I mean...we do have the same kind of budget and resources.
I enjoyed UH having the edge over Fresno, Nevada, and even Utah State (I didn't think UH was even close to be even with them much less having a losing record.)

What gets me is that Chow ball has destroyed that all and now UH looks Army or Idaho-like. Sad, it starts from the top, upper campus has their heads in their okole and then it continues on with Chow.

Just to think, this season will be 10 years since we were all introduced to Colt Brennan. Seems like 50 years ago with Chow ball grinding the program to DII wanna-bes.

HighFlyer
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HighFlyer »

Is 1992 the only year we played at Oregon? I followed three games they played against us. We beat them all three times--including at Autzen in 1992 and during the 1994 season, when they won the Pac-10 while we finished 3-8.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

HighFlyer wrote:Is 1992 the only year we played at Oregon? I followed three games they played against us. We beat them all three times--including at Autzen in 1992 and during the 1994 season, when they won the Pac-10 while we finished 3-8.
My how times have changed over the years. Now UH is cannon fodder for the P5 schools.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Sweet Lei Mokihana
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Los Angelas Dodgers
NBA: AnybodybutLakers&Heat
NFL: Cardinals and Seahawks

Post by Sweet Lei Mokihana »

HighFlyer wrote:Is 1992 the only year we played at Oregon? I followed three games they played against us. We beat them all three times--including at Autzen in 1992 and during the 1994 season, when they won the Pac-10 while we finished 3-8.
Yeah, they were champs in the the Pac-10 in '94 but the conference was soooo weak around that time. In fact, they lost twice to the WAC that season....against Utah by almost the same blowout score. Utah finished ranked 10th which was higher than ALL the Pac-10 teams. And the Utes weren't even the conference champs....10-2 Colorado St. was.

Interestingly, WAC had four highly ranked teams that season:
Colorado St. 10-2 #16 WAC CHAMPIONS
Utah. 10-2 #10
BYU 10-3 #18

While the Pac-10 had four with two of them ranked below all three WAC teams:

Oregon...9-4 #11
USC.......8-3-1 #13
Arizona..8-4. #20
Washington St. 8-4 #21

Sad, though, how far we've fallen. And how powerful those Ducks have become. I love our Warriors. But I'd be surprised if we held them below 60pts.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Sweet Lei Mokihana wrote: Sad, though, how far we've fallen. And how powerful those Ducks have become. I love our Warriors. But I'd be surprised if we held them below 60pts.
It can happen. Wyoming held Marcus Mariota and co. under 50, and then proceeded to make Ikaika Woolsey look like a star only a few weeks later.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

J-Rod wrote:
Sweet Lei Mokihana wrote: Sad, though, how far we've fallen. And how powerful those Ducks have become. I love our Warriors. But I'd be surprised if we held them below 60pts.
It can happen. Wyoming held Marcus Mariota and co. under 50, and then proceeded to make Ikaika Woolsey look like a star only a few weeks later.
Gawd, I hated that loss. :evil: