2015 MW Schedule coming out today

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

2015 MW Schedule coming out today

Post by J-Rod »

....and Robert Kekaula warns to brace yourselves...

https://twitter.com/RKekaula/status/572469058056024065

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2015 MW Schedule is out!

Post by J-Rod »

Schedule is out, and it is ruthless. Three potentially ranked opponents on the road in a 3 week span!

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: 2015 MW Schedule coming out today

Post by EITSwarrior »

A four game road trip and a schedule with no byes, that's brutal. So much for education huh NCAA.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

EITSwarrior wrote:A four game road trip and a schedule with no byes, that's brutal. So much for education huh NCAA.
What 4 game road trip? If we needed a bye, we should have scheduled one. We're responsible for the non conference part of the schedule.
ImageImage

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

EITSwarrior wrote:A four game road trip and a schedule with no byes, that's brutal. So much for education huh NCAA.
I'm hopeful for 6 to 7 wins this season...It is almost impossible to be optimistic given the last 3 years, but with a OC that wants to sling the football around and a D that keeps their basic scheme (3-4) it should be doable. They will need health and NC to relinquishing his death grip on the O.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

@Wisconsin/@Boise State is brutal. Has UH ever had a back-to-back road trip that bad? Both those teams are likely to be ranked.

Irse

Post by Irse »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
I'm hopeful for 6 to 7 wins this season...It is almost impossible to be optimistic given the last 3 years, but with a OC that wants to sling the football around and a D that keeps their basic scheme (3-4) it should be doable. They will need health and NC to relinquishing his death grip on the O.
I would like to see 7 wins but I see only 4 (UC Davis, New Mexico, San Jose State, Louisiana Monroe.
ImageImage

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Irse wrote:
What 4 game road trip? If we needed a bye, we should have scheduled one. We're responsible for the non conference part of the schedule.
Sorry I misread the schedule.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

No problem we got this!!!
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Okay, hear me out on this...

9/3 — Colorado - Opening day, excitement + home crowd on UH's side. TOSS UP ....Random stab at the score...UH 27-20
9/12 — @Ohio State - Dear father in heaven, please spare us. LOSS ....Random stab at the score...OSU 52-7
9/19 — UC Davis - Cannot overlook anyone in the Chow era, but should win. WIN ....Random stab at the score...UH 31-21
9/26 — @Wisconsin - New staff, but major talent edge. Daronte Jones has inside knowledge. LOSS ....Random stab at the score...UW 44-14
10/3 — @Boise State - Fiesta Bowl champs, return more starters than any MW team. Gonna get ugly. LOSS ....Random stab at the score...BSU 41-17
10/10 — San Diego State - Aztecs will be West favorite. Out discipline UH every time under Long. LOSS ....Random stab at the score...SDSU 28-24
10/17 — @New Mexico - I see UH fans on WSN chalking up a win here. UNM is going to surprise. Watch out. LOSS ....Random stab at the score...UNM 41-21
10/24 — @Nevada - Pack will struggle in 2015, but UH doesn't win on the mainland under this regime. LOSS ....Random stab at the score...UNR 31-13
10/31 — Air Force - Chow teams vs. disciplined systems = no bueno. LOSS ....Random stab at the score...AFA 31-23
11/7 — @UNLV - JMO, I don't like the Rebels new coach from high school. Too rah rah. TOSS UP ....Random stab at the score...UH 33-28
11/14 — Fresno State - Dogs losing a lot of players this off-season for various reasons. They struggle on the rock. TOSS UP ....Random stab at the score...UH 30-27
11/21 — San Jose State - Spartans recruit well, play badly under this staff. TOSS UP ....Random stab at the score...UH 38-31
11/28 — Louisiana-Monroe - Long trip, bad team, UH wins on senior night. WIN ....Random stab at the score...UH 38-17.

My prediction....2015 Hawaii 6-7. Glass half full of course, good chance Norm loses a lot of those close games. His down fall of this era

Feel free to copy and paste to use yourself.

Code: Select all

9/3 — [b]Colorado[/b] - Opening day, excitement + home crowd on UH's side. [b]TOSS UP[/b] ....Random stab at the score...UH 27-20
9/12 — [b]@Ohio State[/b] - Dear father in heaven, please spare us. [color=#FF0000][b]LOSS[/b][/color] ....Random stab at the score...OSU 52-7
9/19 — [b]UC Davis[/b] - Cannot overlook anyone in the Chow era, but should win. [color=#008000][b]WIN[/b][/color] ....Random stab at the score...UH 31-21
9/26 — [b]@Wisconsin[/b] - New staff, but major talent edge. Daronte Jones has inside knowledge. [color=#FF0000][b]LOSS[/b][/color] ....Random stab at the score...UW 44-14
10/3 — [b]@Boise State[/b] - Fiesta Bowl champs, return more starters than any MW team. Gonna get ugly. [color=#FF0000][b]LOSS[/b][/color] ....Random stab at the score...BSU 41-17
10/10 — [b]San Diego State[/b] - Aztecs will be West favorite. Out discipline UH every time under Long. [color=#FF0000][b]LOSS[/b][/color] ....Random stab at the score...SDSU 28-24
10/17 — [b]@New Mexico[/b] - I see UH fans on WSN chalking up a win here. UNM is going to surprise. Watch out. [color=#FF0000][b]LOSS[/b][/color] ....Random stab at the score...UNM 41-21
10/24 — [b]@Nevada[/b] - Pack will struggle in 2015, but UH doesn't win on the mainland under this regime. [color=#FF0000][b]LOSS[/b][/color] ....Random stab at the score...UNR 31-13
10/31 — [b]Air Force[/b] - Chow teams vs. disciplined systems = no bueno. [color=#FF0000][b]LOSS[/b][/color] ....Random stab at the score...AFA 31-23
11/7 — [b]@UNLV[/b] - JMO, I don't like the Rebels new coach from high school. Too rah rah. [b]TOSS UP[/b] ....Random stab at the score...UH 33-28
11/14 — [b]Fresno State[/b] - Dogs losing a lot of players this off-season for various reasons. They struggle on the rock. [b]TOSS UP[/b] ....Random stab at the score...UH 30-27
11/21 — [b]San Jose State[/b] - Spartans recruit well, play badly under this staff. [b]TOSS UP[/b] ....Random stab at the score...UH 38-31
11/28 — [b]Louisiana-Monroe[/b] - Long trip, bad team, UH wins on senior night. [color=#008000][b]WIN[/b][/color] ....Random stab at the score...UH 38-17.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

five of the first 8 games are on the road. 5-7 wins.

Irse

Post by Irse »

EITSwarrior wrote:
Irse wrote:
Sorry I misread the schedule.
4 game road trip would be what would happen if we were independent.
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

We just need to minimize our injuries the first five games then I think we could be competitive the rest of the way. The remaining teams are beatable.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Ok, why the heck are people (including media folks) getting all bent out of shape over Hawaii having no bye games?

The college football season is 13 weeks, with week 14 being the week many conferences, including the MWC, has their conference championship game. Thus why many team no longer want the Hawaii exception 13th game. If we continue to schedule a 13th game, don't expect a bye game.

This schedule is not that brutal. 7-8 wins is very doable. If we get blown out ON THE ROAD by Ohio St, Wisconsin, & Boise St, no big deal... the June Jones and Mack Teams got blown out by similar caliber teams at Aloha Stadium and NEVER posted a road win in those types types of games.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

BigWave96744 wrote:Ok, why the heck are people (including media folks) getting all bent out of shape over Hawaii having no bye games?

The college football season is 13 weeks, with week 14 being the week many conferences, including the MWC, has their conference championship game. Thus why many team no longer want the Hawaii exception 13th game.

This schedule is not that brutal. 7-8 wins is very doable. If we get blown out ON THE ROAD by Ohio St, Wisconsin, & Boise St, no big deal... the June Jones and Mack Teams got blown out by similar caliber teams at Aloha Stadium and NEVER posted a road win in those types types of games.
Agreed. This season has a 2004 feel to it. The first five weeks are somewhat critical. Ohio State, Wisconsin, Boise State are all going to be 28-point+ favorites. We get it, those games will suck. It isn't like we didn't know that was coming. BUT...Colorado/UC-Davis are huge. I'm not counting on wins in Albuquerque and Reno simply because this program has been awful away from home for so long. BUT...if they beat Colorado and UC-Davis, a possible bowl run is in play. Split San Diego State/Air Force. Beat UNLV at home away from home (I am not even remotely sold on that rah! rah! high school coach), then rattle off Fresno, San Jose, and UL-Monroe. Count em' up, that is 7 wins! Colorado, UC-Davis, SDSU/AFA, UNLV, Fresno, SJSU, UL-Monroe.

Of course, I should have prefaced all that by saying, Norm Chow is the king of losing "toss-up's". Toss-up's indicate we get 50/50 chance, but under Chow UH only occasionally wins a game where the spread is under 7 in either direction.

But overall, I agree BW. People immediately gazed at the @OSU, @UW, @BSU 4 week gauntlet and freaked out, but if you look beyond that...this could be a 2004-like season where yeah, we'll probably want to forget 3/5 first games (like 2004, Boise, Fresno, UTEP, etc.), but after that UH won't play a team head and shoulders better than them.

Get chance. That's all I'm saying. Chow might fail again, but get chance.