2015 MW Schedule coming out today

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: 2015 MW Schedule coming out today

Post by 808Hawaii »

Worst case scenario is starting off 3-6 and backing into bowl eligibility. Revenue will be down and Chow may get extended. The survival of the program is the most important thing. With Chow at the helm of the football program, the existence of the entire UHAD will always be in jeopardy.
I am the one who knocks.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Hey Chow HAS to start winning the 50/50 games.
Winning those 50/50 games is what set June Jones Above THE pack.
Many forget June was 1 or 2 plays away from having many loses instead of wins.

The difference was his mantra, "You gotta believe"

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

BigWave96744 wrote:Hey Chow HAS to start winning the 50/50 games.
Winning those 50/50 games is what set June Jones Above THE pack.
Many forget June was 1 or 2 plays away from having many loses instead of wins.

The difference was his mantra, "You gotta believe"
Right? Those toss ups were the only reason JJ ever got to some bowl games. 2006-2007 were awesome, but the other 6 years we were barely getting by at times. Even in 2006-2007 there were more games that went down to the wire than we would have liked, but the team had the belief to come out on top.

Chow needs to finish these teams off. And more importantly, STOP getting down big early. The going down 28 points and storming back thing was amusing early on, now it's just an annoying habit.

The home schedule gives UH the chance to go bowling. Need to protect the aina.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

No bye week means a lot of injury. Better get the 2nd, 3rd, 4th team players into the the trenches early. Going to need them early on to keep the players healthy to reach the second half of the season where the chances of winning are greater. Hope the seniors don't lose focus as the semester progresses and their school workload increases. Academic shortcomings are also a concern for the following semester if they end up with too many incompletes as a result of this grueling, no rest, schedule.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

madeinhawaii wrote:No bye week means a lot of injury. Better get the 2nd, 3rd, 4th team players into the the trenches early. Going to need them early on to keep the players healthy to reach the second half of the season where the chances of winning are greater. Hope the seniors don't lose focus as the semester progresses and their school workload increases. Academic shortcomings are also a concern for the following semester if they end up with too many incompletes as a result of this grueling, no rest, schedule.
After we get past the front end of this schedule, we have a bunch of cream puffs on our schedule. Too bad we're also a cream puff.
I am the one who knocks.

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

:P I'm just happy that OC Bailey will not be playing the pro-set offense that Chow has a preference to. I think we make a good impression against Colorado, and pull off a close loss maybe even a one point win. After that, I think "cracks". Smaller conference teams excluded. A New Offense and Defense should be celebrated by "staying in the now". Ditch the RAINBOW, bring back the all black/dark green uniforms/helmets and let's have a fresh start. Let's look MEAN again and not like a tourist attraction for pete sake!! GO WARRIORS for forever! :) :) :P :D

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

BullNuts808 wrote::P I'm just happy that OC Bailey will not be playing the pro-set offense that Chow has a preference to. I think we make a good impression against Colorado, and pull off a close loss maybe even a one point win. After that, I think "cracks". Smaller conference teams excluded. A New Offense and Defense should be celebrated by "staying in the now". Ditch the RAINBOW, bring back the all black/dark green uniforms/helmets and let's have a fresh start. Let's look MEAN again and not like a tourist attraction for pete sake!! GO WARRIORS for forever! :) :) :P :D

Two years ago, when Price was hired, I felt the same way. Then he was let go. Last season, Chow hinted that he would spread things out and I was optimistic, but when the season started he was back to his same ole same ole... Today, I'm just feeling blah about it.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Colorado is a must win game.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Biscuits and gravy...

managerr
All-conference
All-conference

Post by managerr »

madeinhawaii wrote: Two years ago, when Price was hired, I felt the same way. Then he was let go. Last season, Chow hinted that he would spread things out and I was optimistic, but when the season started he was back to his same ole same ole... Today, I'm just feeling blah about it.
He meant the first two drives of the first game. :P

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

managerr wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote: Two years ago, when Price was hired, I felt the same way. Then he was let go. Last season, Chow hinted that he would spread things out and I was optimistic, but when the season started he was back to his same ole same ole... Today, I'm just feeling blah about it.
He meant the first two drives of the first game. :P
Ah! .. Okay then!, I'm all in, too. Then back to the tailgate and pupu platters.