Warriors will have 3 game series with Oregon Ducks

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Warriors will have 3 game series with Oregon Ducks

Post by 808Hawaii »

My3Cats wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:Finally. Would to see UH play Cal or UCLA too.
Per Ferd in today's S-A, UH at UCLA in 2017 for 6K payday.
I hope you mean at least $600K.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

J-Rod wrote:I just cannot see UH dropping football altogether. Football is the cash cow in the department. If they fold, the entire department folds. I cannot guarantee things will get much better. The MW is a tougher conference than the old new WAC, and we're not playing 8 home games a season. Really, we can only hope to get back to 7-8 win type seasons and win the Hawaii Bowl. That is a dream scenario compared to what is happening now.
You gotta be kidding me. Our division is the weakest in all of FBS, bar none. SDSU and FSU were much stronger in the WAC than they are now. The only team that's marginally stronger now than when they were in the WAC is Nevada. The old BYU and Utah teams would kill any of the teams in our division. And so would BSU. You are aware that only three teams in our division were bowl eligible last year, right? Nevada, FSU and SDSU were held to a total of one TD against Lafayette, Rice and Navy in bowl games. MW tougher than the old WAC? Give me a break.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Maui Boy in Alaska wrote:I think Hawaii has won the last three meetings against the ducks. Hawaii added two games against the ducks, one in 1992 and 1994 and won both. They added the Ducks after Pacific dropped football and had to fill those dates. That 1994 ducks team went to the Rose bowl.

Even after UH won those two games and one in 1988 if I remember correctly, The ducks tried to add more games against Hawaii, but UH said no at that time. Back than UH said no because they felt the ducks where recruiting Hawaii to well. Also back than it was a 2 for 1 offer with the ducks offering to come to Hawaii twice.

Now 20 years later, it's Hawaii that must travel to Eugene twice and Oregon has been winning the recruiting battles in Hawaii for some time.

Not sure how adding the ducks helps Hawaii out in the future other than the $.
Money is more important than wins and losses right now.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

UnBiasFan wrote:
nostra_808 wrote:Why rule us out of these games when its way down the road? Yea if we played this past year or the year before, the chances are we would have gotten smashed. But they can't be dominant forever. FSU and Florida were dominant in the 90s, then years with Tebow for Florida and recently Winston for FSU were good for them. Besides those years, they weren't dominant.....still good teams but not dominant......You never know with sports, thats what keeps it interesting.....who knows if TUA will be the QB Marcus was for Oregon, or will he even end up there.....and Milton could lead our team similar to Colt did for us......you just never know
We are pretty much ruled out because they have a pipeline of talent from southern cal, northern cal, the northwest, Hawaii, and just about everywhere else ...

We get the leftovers from the those places and we lose the best we have from home.

There is very little hope that second tier conferences will get any respect. There is a good chance we fade away. But hey, you are correct ... anything is possible.
We'll have a chance to improve once we get rid of Chow. The sooner we get rid of Chow, the sooner we can begin the process of rebuilding.
I am the one who knocks.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

808Hawaii wrote: You gotta be kidding me. Our division is the weakest in all of FBS, bar none. SDSU and FSU were much stronger in the WAC than they are now. The only team that's marginally stronger now than when they were in the WAC is Nevada. The old BYU and Utah teams would kill any of the teams in our division. And so would BSU. You are aware that only three teams in our division were bowl eligible last year, right? Nevada, FSU and SDSU were held to a total of one TD against Lafayette, Rice and Navy in bowl games. MW tougher than the old WAC? Give me a break.
What?!?! None of this makes sense. SDSU wasn't in the old new WAC. Fresno in the second Carr era eclipsed anything they did in the WAC from 2001-on. Nevada was briefly great in the WAC under Ault, but has been average or awful since joining the MW. I said "old new WAC"...meaning not the 90s WAC, but they 00s WAC. The MW is absolutely tougher than the 00s WAC. There are no Idaho's and New Mexico State's to pad that win total to get to a bowl game. Even the bad teams in the Western Division, UNLV, Nevada, and San Jose State, have given UH fits. I'm not saying the MW is great, not even close...but it is tougher than what UH played in the June Jones era. double digit win seasons will be extremely tough to come by. Winning 7-8 games annually should be the realistic goal for this program.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

J-Rod wrote:
808Hawaii wrote: You gotta be kidding me. Our division is the weakest in all of FBS, bar none. SDSU and FSU were much stronger in the WAC than they are now. The only team that's marginally stronger now than when they were in the WAC is Nevada. The old BYU and Utah teams would kill any of the teams in our division. And so would BSU. You are aware that only three teams in our division were bowl eligible last year, right? Nevada, FSU and SDSU were held to a total of one TD against Lafayette, Rice and Navy in bowl games. MW tougher than the old WAC? Give me a break.
What?!?! None of this makes sense. SDSU wasn't in the old new WAC. Fresno in the second Carr era eclipsed anything they did in the WAC from 2001-on. Nevada was briefly great in the WAC under Ault, but has been average or awful since joining the MW. I said "old new WAC"...meaning not the 90s WAC, but they 00s WAC. The MW is absolutely tougher than the 00s WAC. There are no Idaho's and New Mexico State's to pad that win total to get to a bowl game. Even the bad teams in the Western Division, UNLV, Nevada, and San Jose State, have given UH fits. I'm not saying the MW is great, not even close...but it is tougher than what UH played in the June Jones era. double digit win seasons will be extremely tough to come by. Winning 7-8 games annually should be the realistic goal for this program.
OK, I don't know what you talking about old-new WAC. But one thing that doesn't change is the latest version of the MWC division we're in is the weakest in all of FBS. Nothing else even comes close. No Idahos or NMSUs? Hello?! That's us. That's why teams like UNLV, Nevada and SJSU are giving us fits.

If we had a better head coach, nine wins would be very possible in 2015. Look at our schedule. Davis, Colorado, Monroe, NM and all five of our divisional rivals are all winnable games. Do I believe we will win nine? Not for a single minute. But if we had a better head coach, even ten wins would be very doable with this schedule.
I am the one who knocks.

managerr
All-conference
All-conference

Post by managerr »

Yup, MWC West Division is the worst Division in all of FBS.

The MWC East was the best G5 Division--together the power rating was about the exact same as the WAC days.