Lewis Powell to Utah

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Lewis Powell to Utah

Post by Irse »

The last of the original staff is gone. The best recruiter too but that may not matter.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =291940011
ImageImage

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Lewis Powell to Utah

Post by J-Rod »

It is laughable at this point. I'm not really upset over this...we all know this is the last year for Chow anyway (or at least we all hope so). Life is too short to wish away time, but in terms of sports...I'd sure like to fast-forward to December 2015 already. Someone put this thing out of its misery. Been a long time since expectations were this low for UH football.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Maybe the players are gonna coach the team like at the end of Varsity Blues...

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

We still don’t have a DB, ST and now DL coach
We still have 2 young inexperienced guys as our WR and now TE coach.

Now we plan on replacing our best recruiter and the coach who most players felt was the glue that held the defense together with the following:

The move was expected, and UH had set in motion a plan to fill Powell’s spot on the coaching staff. With UH’s hiring procedures, a replacement will be named before the start of spring training in April. A likely scenario is that a graduate assistant or intern will fill the role on an emergency basis.”

Irse

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote:We still don’t have a DB, ST and now DL coach

Now we plan on replacing our best recruiter and the coach who most players felt was the glue that held the defense together with the following:

The move was expected, and UH had set in motion a plan to fill Powell’s spot on the coaching staff. With UH’s hiring procedures, a replacement will be named before the start of spring training in April. A likely scenario is that a graduate assistant or intern will fill the role on an emergency basis.”
They say on an emergency basis but we all know how that goes. :roll:
ImageImage

quikfeat
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by quikfeat »

He's getting double his UH salary - cannot blame him gotta take it now...I think the offense will be good this year, defensively not sure - they lost Samia & Yap...

Irse

Post by Irse »

quikfeat wrote:He's getting double his UH salary - cannot blame him gotta take it now...I think the offense will be good this year, defensively not sure - they lost Samia & Yap...
Plus we don't have much for defensive coaches. Counting Chow, we have 6 offensive coaches and 4 coaches to cover both the defense and special teams.
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BigWave96744 wrote:We still don’t have a DB, ST and now DL coach

If they have an intern to replace Powell i guess that would be Samuseva.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

quikfeat wrote:He's getting double his UH salary - cannot blame him gotta take it now...I think the offense will be good this year, defensively not sure - they lost Samia & Yap...
LOL...among a host of other Mack recruits...
Sorry, who was Lewis Powell and why was he such a great recruiter?
poidog wrote:Maybe the players are gonna coach the team like at the end of Varsity Blues...
LOL...who knows? We've still got some great players and the new coordinators may surprise.

hawaiian
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by hawaiian »

Met the guy...liked him. Getting paid double your salary AND moving to a place with a significant cost-of-living decrease...I'd be gone too!

I hate the name RAINBOWS too. It's not part of our school song so why is it in or name again? Oh yeah, because of a bunch of old men who didn't want to buy any NEW "H" gear and continued to wear those ugly rainbow shirts, jackets and hats.

We need a youth movement in our state legislature/house/senate...those that think about our future, not the past...because our present state of affairs is sucking a lot!

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Interesting that Powell came to UH after being an intern at Utah, not having been an assistant coach previously. Goes to show that someone with talent, will and drive can overcome inexperience. Good luck at Utah, and thanks for being a member of the Warrior Ohana!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

This move makes sense to me. He's going to a place where he's going to double his salary, have better job security, and a real chance for advancement. No-brainer to me.
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

I wonder if Jesse S would ever want to be a part of the UH coaching staff...he's articulate and who better to recruit than a SB winning, Pro Bowler and one of the UH greats?
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Looks like the dline coach won't be filled til after March 3rd
http://workatuh.hawaii.edu/Jobs/NAdvert ... tdate/desc

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

BigWave96744 wrote:Looks like the dline coach won't be filled til after March 3rd
http://workatuh.hawaii.edu/Jobs/NAdvert ... tdate/desc
Why is it that everything with UH seems to be a "kick this down the road" approach? Delay delay delay.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook: