Hawaii hires Bailey as OC, Mason as DC

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Hawaii hires Bailey as OC, Mason as DC

Post by RedZone »

808Hawaii wrote:
RedZone wrote:Bailey is here and on the job. Saw him on the news tonight. He wants to speed up the offense. What he does on offense will depend on what kind of players we have. Could see multiple packages.
I'm glad we now have someone that considers what type of players he have before trying to install and stick to an offense.
If I remember correctly I think he said that he was already studying films of last seasons games.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:
RedZone wrote:Bailey is here and on the job. Saw him on the news tonight. He wants to speed up the offense. What he does on offense will depend on what kind of players we have. Could see multiple packages.
I'm glad we now have someone that considers what type of players he have before installing and sticking to an offense.
+ You mean a coach with common or any sense? LOL.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

RedZone wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:
I'm glad we now have someone that considers what type of players he have before trying to install and stick to an offense.
If I remember correctly I think he said that he was already studying films of last seasons games.
Was he looking for plays a team should never run? SMH.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

DaDeaderHorse wrote:Bottom line is that no one in their right mind will take a job for one year. Trust me... Bailey will not make the calls on Offense. He is just a front like Wynn. Chow likes to hire inexperienced OCs bc its easier for him to continue to call plays. Chow is gone next year and hopefully he takes the "rainbow" with him. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the UH admin if makes things worse. Let's call this year purgatory...fans will have to sit this year out before anything good happens.
I can see why Chow would control the play calling with Jordan Wynn, but Bailey?? Bailey has a ton of experience, I don't think he would take the job if he didn't have a hand in play calling. Having all that experience you just don't do that, especially with an inexperienced head coach.

Bailey was a passing coordinator, hopefully we'll see UH utilize the TE more often than not. And hopefully we'll see more WCO routes instead of all these damn sideline passes like last year. It's time to take advantage of a 4 star QB in Max Wittek, and what I mean by that, he's someone that can make pre-snap reads and go through his progressions while taking 3, 5 and 7 step drops, you just didn't see that in Inoke Funaki.....oops I meant Ikaika Woosley. If it was up to me I'd sit Woosley and let him gain experience with this new OC and give the keys to Max Wittek for the year.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Makana wrote:
DaDeaderHorse wrote:Bottom line is that no one in their right mind will take a job for one year. Trust me... Bailey will not make the calls on Offense. He is just a front like Wynn. Chow likes to hire inexperienced OCs bc its easier for him to continue to call plays. Chow is gone next year and hopefully he takes the "rainbow" with him. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the UH admin if makes things worse. Let's call this year purgatory...fans will have to sit this year out before anything good happens.
I can see why Chow would control the play calling with Jordan Wynn, but Bailey?? Bailey has a ton of experience, I don't think he would take the job if he didn't have a hand in play calling. Having all that experience you just don't do that, especially with an inexperienced head coach.

Bailey was a passing coordinator, hopefully we'll see UH utilize the TE more often than not. And hopefully we'll see more WCO routes instead of all these damn sideline passes like last year. It's time to take advantage of a 4 star QB in Max Wittek, and what I mean by that, he's someone that can make pre-snap reads and go through his progressions while taking 3, 5 and 7 step drops, you just didn't see that in Inoke Funaki.....oops I meant Ikaika Woosley. If it was up to me I'd sit Woosley and let him gain experience with this new OC and give the keys to Max Wittek for the year.
I feel our new coaches gotta know this is a one year deal. They took these jobs so they can pay their bills.
I am the one who knocks.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

808Hawaii wrote:
Makana wrote:

I feel our new coaches gotta know this is a one year deal. They took these jobs so they can pay their bills.
And if they did nothing wrong with that. As a coach are you gonna except that you inherited a bad team or are you gonna try and change their ways and try to coach them up to win??

Everyone is on probation when they start their new jobs, this isn't anything different, think of it as low risk high reward.

or are you one of them fans that hopes your team loses just so the head coach can get fired. I'll tell you what, I'm a die hard 49ers fan and I hated the Jim Harbaugh firing and the Jim Tomsula hiring, but in the end I'd NEVER wish for my team to lose so the head coach can get fired. Go be a fan of Oregon if that's you're intentions, btw I don't mean that towards you just people in general who think that way.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum