Hawaii hires Bailey as OC, Mason as DC

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: Hawaii hires Bailey as OC, Mason as DC?

Post by kapakahi »

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Hawaii hires Bailey as OC, Mason as DC

Post by Palolo_2LA »

I am happy in a sense, but also irritated because we may have stopped the bleeding if these coaches were hired prior to NLI day.

In the past, these coaches have been successful, so let's hope they can provide a spark for Papa Chow and allow him to regain some luster.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

DaDeaderHorse
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by DaDeaderHorse »

Bottom line is that no one in their right mind will take a job for one year. Trust me... Bailey will not make the calls on Offense. He is just a front like Wynn. Chow likes to hire inexperienced OCs bc its easier for him to continue to call plays. Chow is gone next year and hopefully he takes the "rainbow" with him. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the UH admin if makes things worse. Let's call this year purgatory...fans will have to sit this year out before anything good happens.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I am really hoping that Chow has had an epiphany and that he realizes that the offense has to be modernized from his dinosaur offense. And also that he needs to take himself out of the play calling except in certain situations, and let Bailey run the offense.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

My3Cats wrote:I am really hoping that Chow has had an epiphany and that he realizes that the offense has to be modernized from his dinosaur offense. And also that he needs to take himself out of the play calling except in certain situations, and let Bailey run the offense.
I have no hope for that. This season is hopeless. :-?
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Going from GA > seasoned coach has to be a step up...just hoping NC can relinquish his death grip on the Offense.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

I wonder what percentage of season ticket holders know, or even care about the new coordinator hires. All many know is Chow is coming back so they will not be renewing their season tickets.
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:I wonder what percentage of season ticket holders know, or even care about the new coordinator hires. All many know is Chow is coming back so they will not be renewing their season tickets.
If I were betting, I believe many fans will not buy their season tickets and I can't blame them as these NC years have been excruciating...but if there's an up tick in wins, those the fans will be back.

Plus, they'll still find a way to watch even if they are disgruntled...I now live in LA and have purchased a random sports channel for a week to watch the Warriors play or watch via the $hitty MWC website and complain bout NC the entire time...lol

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:I wonder what percentage of season ticket holders know, or even care about the new coordinator hires. All many know is Chow is coming back so they will not be renewing their season tickets.
If I were betting, I believe many fans will not buy their season tickets and I can't blame them as these NC years have been excruciating...but if there's an up tick in wins, those the fans will be back.

Plus, they'll still find a way to watch even if they are disgruntled...I now live in LA and have purchased a random sports channel for a week to watch the Warriors play or watch via the $hitty MWC website and complain bout NC the entire time...lol
Eh Palolo, you must be a glutton for pain! :)
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:

Last season I didn't renew the PPV season package but purchased individual games here and there. Probably ended up paying more for the individual games. Haven't decided what we're going to do this season. Maybe buy those packaged deals last minute.
I am the one who knocks.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Bailey is here and on the job. Saw him on the news tonight. He wants to speed up the offense. What he does on offense will depend on what kind of players we have. Could see multiple packages.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

RedZone wrote:Bailey is here and on the job. Saw him on the news tonight. He wants to speed up the offense. What he does on offense will depend on what kind of players we have. Could see multiple packages.
Crossing my fingers NC doesn't veto him and run left or right twice, throw a short pass then punt!!!!!!!!

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

RedZone wrote:Bailey is here and on the job. Saw him on the news tonight. He wants to speed up the offense. What he does on offense will depend on what kind of players we have. Could see multiple packages.
I'm glad we now have someone that considers what type of players he have before installing and sticking to an offense.
Last edited by 808Hawaii on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the one who knocks.