All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Re: The Chinese Conspiracy

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:
My3Cats wrote:
TheDuke wrote:I'm glad this is a short thread. Now I know why I took so long to just open it. Just negative and nothing of value.
Still waiting for something positive in the Norm Chow/Ben Jay era ...
Yeah, like there are so many positive threads on these boards. :roll:

You want positive, you're at the wrong team's boards.
Most boards and specific posts are bout 2 things; complaining or cheering...this post is the former.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Hard to cheer for a program that finds a 8-29 record and an ever increasing deficit acceptable.
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:Hard to cheer for a program that finds a 8-29 record and an ever increasing deficit acceptable.
+ Agreed..not like we are Texas or Oklahoma fans, who complain about coaches and call for coaching changes even though the team is winning. [-X

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:Hard to cheer for a program that finds a 8-29 record and an ever increasing deficit acceptable.
+ Agreed..not like we are Texas or Oklahoma fans, who complain about coaches and call for coaching changes even though the team is winning. [-X
LOL OU fans here in Oklahoma are already belly-aching about Stoops. Another sub-par season by Oklahoma's standards (less than 10 wins and a conference title) and Pretty Boy Floyd, aka Bob Stoops, could very well be looking for a new job by December of 2015. BTW, he makes $5.4 million a year.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

wyokie wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote:
LOL OU fans here in Oklahoma are already belly-aching about Stoops. Another sub-par season by Oklahoma's standards (less than 10 wins and a conference title) and Pretty Boy Floyd, aka Bob Stoops, could very well be looking for a new job by December of 2015. BTW, he makes $5.4 million a year.

JJ is the first to acknowledge that the second tier of D1 can not likely to survive in this environment. That is why he suggested that half the league just go to spring football.

Hawaii football is in trouble regardless of the record at this point. Another set of conference realignments and we could be killed off.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Hawaii football is in trouble regardless of the record at this point. Another set of conference realignments and we could be killed off.[/quote]

I firmly believe that if they followed Uncle JJ's advice, UH would be on par with Boise. Instead we are on the verge of no return.

JJ's main wish list:
New Stadium @ Ala Wai Golf Course
State of the art locker rooms, offices and athletic facilities on campus

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

UnBiasFan wrote:
JJ is the first to acknowledge that the second tier of D1 can not likely to survive in this environment. That is why he suggested that half the league just go to spring football.

Hawaii football is in trouble regardless of the record at this point. Another set of conference realignments and we could be killed off.
I believe we've already reached the point of no return. It's inevitable. We are going to lose football.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:Hawaii football is in trouble regardless of the record at this point. Another set of conference realignments and we could be killed off.
I firmly believe that if they followed Uncle JJ's advice, UH would be on par with Boise. Instead we are on the verge of no return.

JJ's main wish list:
State of the art locker rooms, offices and athletic facilities on campus[/quote]
Stadium at the Ala Wai.... How you going get all those fans there and out? Only have the H-1 over there. Nothing else.

At the current location, has the H-1, H-3, H-201, and Kam Hwy.
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote:Hawaii football is in trouble regardless of the record at this point. Another set of conference realignments and we could be killed off.

JJ's main wish list:
State of the art locker rooms, offices and athletic facilities on campus
Stadium at the Ala Wai.... How you going get all those fans there and out? Only have the H-1 over there. Nothing else.

At the current location, has the H-1, H-3, H-201, and Kam Hwy.[/quote]

Right...tourist attraction in Waikiki is better than Halawa any day. Do you prefer the housing projects or hotels?

Could connect rail and is closer to campus.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Tourist not going to go to football game. More local fans live in west Oahu than in town. I'd rather just leave the golf course as it is.

And again, how you going get everyone to and from the stadium? You going build rail to the Ala Wai just for seven or eight games a year?
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:Tourist not going to go to football game. More local fans live in west Oahu than in town. I'd rather just leave the golf course as it is.

And again, how you going get everyone to and from the stadium? You going build rail to the Ala Wai just for seven or eight games a year?
There could be a million events hosted at the stadium (concerts, mega church events, MMA, Boxing, NBA, MLB, etc)...thing is Hawaii never promotes huge events and that could be an outlet.

Not sure about more fans in W Oahu...plus Japanese tourist come to games and that's not promoted at all, so imagine if it were.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:Tourist not going to go to football game. More local fans live in west Oahu than in town. I'd rather just leave the golf course as it is.

There could be a million events hosted at the stadium (concerts, mega church events, MMA, Boxing, NBA, MLB, etc)...thing is Hawaii never promotes huge events and that could be an outlet.

Not sure about more fans in W Oahu...plus Japanese tourist come to games and that's not promoted at all, so imagine if it were.
How you going get people in and out of the stadium?
I am the one who knocks.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Never got the impression that JJ wanted an Ala Wai Stadium. Never heard him say it. If he did, he probably was just spewing random ideas out to get people brainstorming about bettering the program.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

EITSwarrior wrote:Never got the impression that JJ wanted an Ala Wai Stadium. Never heard him say it. If he did, he probably was just spewing random ideas out to get people brainstorming about bettering the program.
First time I heard someone say JJ said that, I thought to myself, I'm glad JJ and some urban planner will not suddenly switch jobs.
I am the one who knocks.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

808Hawaii wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:Never got the impression that JJ wanted an Ala Wai Stadium. Never heard him say it. If he did, he probably was just spewing random ideas out to get people brainstorming about bettering the program.
First time I heard someone say JJ said that, I thought to myself, I'm glad JJ and some urban planner will not suddenly switch jobs.
I dunno. The urban planners here in Hawaii are no geniusis either. Just look at Kapolei. Is it supposed to be the "Second City" of Oahu, which it originally was supposed to be or is it just a new suburb, which it looks to be at the moment?