Wittek?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Wittek?

Post by Irse »

According to the SA, he counts against this year's class. Why is he counting against this year's class of initials? Didn't he already grad from USC? I thought that he needed a few classes to grad last year and that is why he transferred this year instead.
The Warriors also received a surprise call from a former 5-star quarterback who expressed interest in transferring to UH. But the Warriors might not have room. Quarterback Max Wittek, who transferred from USC in August, counts toward this year's recruiting class.

Aaron Zwahlen, who was ranked in ESPN's top 300 in 2012, returns from a two-year church mission in May and then will join the Warriors. Zwahlen also counts as a 2015 recruit.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Re: Wittek?

Post by BigWave96744 »

He didn't graduate from USC.
In fact I don't think he even graduated from UH last fall.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Going back to a post I wrote a long time ago. See bolded sentence. It appears that Wittek fits that situation if he is going to receive a scholarship in the coming fall.
"Initial Counter" Rules:

- An athlete, entering in Fall Term, aided in the first year is an initial counter in that academic year.

- An athlete, entering after Fall Term, aided in the first year can be counted as an initial counter in that academic year or the next year.

- An athlete, receiving aid after first year is a counter in the year aid is first received if received in fall term. However if aid is received after the fall term, it can be an initial counter in either the current year or the next academic year, but is a counter against the total annual limit in the year first receiving aid.

- For athletes receiving aid after their second academic year, that aid is not considered an initial counter, but must still fall within the total annual limit.

- There are actually several other scenarios but those listed above are the typical ones.
Rest of post: viewtopic.php?p=50814&highlight=#50814

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I was thinking that anyone who transferred after the third year of school (any school) would not count as an initial. But it seems like if you transfer and get aid then it will count as an initial, just the year will be determined by when you got the aid. Does it apply to graduate transfers?
ImageImage

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Irse wrote:I was thinking that anyone who transferred after the third year of school (any school) would not count as an initial. But it seems like if you transfer and get aid then it will count as an initial, just the year will be determined by when you got the aid. Does it apply to graduate transfers?
I think the same rules apply to graduate transfers. In Wittek's case, he did not graduate from USC. That's why he had to sit out last year.

Maui Boy in Alaska
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Bears

Post by Maui Boy in Alaska »

This rule applied to Colt Brennan back in 2006. Colt was our starter in 2005 as a walk on. When he was put on scholarship in 2006, Colt had to be part of Hawaii 2006 recruiting class.

Coach Jones made a joke that Hawaii recruiting class that year had the best QB recruit in the country.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Lot of players are pumped up to see Max running the offense with the 1st team.