Question

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Question

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

is this a violation for a booster to talk to a current football player on the team via Facebook, Twitter, etc., about general things about the team?

I know it is a violation to talk to potential recruits (or trying to recruit them) etc.
Last edited by tom-WarriorNation on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

uhwarriors

Re: Question--is this a violation

Post by uhwarriors »

tom-WarriorNation wrote:for a booster to talk to a current football player on the team via Facebook, Twitter, etc., about general things about the team?

I know it is a violation to talk to potential recruits (or trying to recruit them) etc.
I misread the question and initially provided the wrong answer.

No it's not violation to talk to a current player. Communicating with a prospect or "prospective student athlete" as defined by the NCAA is not permitted. A "prospective student athlete" is a student who has started classes in the ninth grade. A individual continues to be a prospective student athlete until he/she attends school during the regular academic year or summer school or starts practicing with the team. The upshot is that if a prospect signs a LOI, he/she is still a "prospective student athlete until one of the above conditions is met.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:read: So that's everyone on this Forum except WYOKIE....(cause he's too cheap!) :lol: :lol:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

I misread the question and initially answered it incorrectly. The correct answer is in my post above.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

It sounds a lot like soviet style communism.

This is what we are suppose to teach our kids?

There are a bunch of rules that you got to figure out before you talk to someone.

I would be fine with cancelling collegiate sports already. Then I can tell my kids to go play sports on the playground with a simple rule --- treat other people the way you like to be treated. The NCAA is not a role model for anyone. They perpetuate greedy control for the greatest profit for everyone except the athletes. There is nothing good about that institution. Totally, unamerican.

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

tom-WarriorNation wrote:for a booster to talk to a current football player on the team via Facebook, Twitter, etc., about general things about the team?

Shouldn't use facebook to tell a current player where to meet you to get the keys to your car.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

just don't give em anything