Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: New DC & DB coach now could be selected as early as 2/12

Post by EITSwarrior »

seasider wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:Maybe it paves the way for the return of JJ
Hawaii can't compete with the same $ SMU paid JJ.

People keep blaming Frazier for JJ's leaving; but, bottome line, it was all about the money.

And..., JJ recruiting ground was fertile (texas, Oklahome, etc) but he still couldn't recruit the 4 and 5 stars for SMU.
First off it was never about getting paid when JJ left. Sure he would've liked a raise, who wouldn't? But he would've gladly taken less than the million whatever Mack got if it meant more of a commitment from the upper campus and state was made to bettering the athletic department.

And secondly I could care less of the caliber of JJs recruits cause he could coach em up when he was at Hawaii and I believe he could again.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

EITSwarrior wrote:And secondly I could care less of the caliber of JJs recruits cause he could coach em up when he was at Hawaii and I believe he could again.
I'm not so sure about that. The game has evolved since then, and JJ looked like his R&S offense got figured out in Dallas. Even in Mack's last few years it appeared opponents had caught on. JMO, but if JJ came back, the best that would occur is getting back to the Hawaii Bowl. The MW is tougher, UH isn't playing 8 home games anymore, and JJ's offense isn't working like it used too. He struggled to evolve as the game evolved.

Not saying June Jones would be a bad hire as head coach, but those expecting the Brennan days to reemerge the moment he gets hired are in for a sad surprise. It will be like watching the 6th Rocky movie.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

J-Rod wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:And secondly I could care less of the caliber of JJs recruits cause he could coach em up when he was at Hawaii and I believe he could again.
I'm not so sure about that. The game has evolved since then, and JJ looked like his R&S offense got figured out in Dallas. Even in Mack's last few years it appeared opponents had caught on. JMO, but if JJ came back, the best that would occur is getting back to the Hawaii Bowl. The MW is tougher, UH isn't playing 8 home games anymore, and JJ's offense isn't working like it used too. He struggled to evolve as the game evolved.

Not saying June Jones would be a bad hire as head coach, but those expecting the Brennan days to reemerge the moment he gets hired are in for a sad surprise. It will be like watching the 6th Rocky movie.
Well I'm not expecting Sugar Bowl type seasons from Jones if he were to come back. I expect him to fix the mess Chow got UH in like he did with Hawaii and SMU and get them in bowl contention every year. Point is I would take a so-so JJ season than another season of futility with Chow.

And what's wrong with Rocky 6? I think you mean Rocky 5.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

J-Rod wrote:

Making it to the Hawaii Bowl is our goal. You're talking like there's something better. We'll never reach the Sugar Bowl again, you know. MW is tougher? We're in the weakest division in all of FBS.

And it's not only about wins and losses. Fan interest is more important than wins and losses. Fan interest generates revenue. Revenue is more important than Chow's win and loss record.
I am the one who knocks.