Daronte Jones to Wisconsin

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Daronte Jones to Wisconsin

Post by 808Hawaii »

BigWave96744 wrote:
Irse wrote:I guess we'll have another ex Utah/BYU player or grad assistant as our next DB coach.
You think???? :hmm: :hmm: :D

Or roll the dice and hire Rich Miano and also have Rich run the Pro Day
I think Chow must hate Miano from all the negative things Miano's said about the team. Might hire Reardon first.
I am the one who knocks.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

808Hawaii wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:
Irse wrote:I guess we'll have another ex Utah/BYU player or grad assistant as our next DB coach.
You think???? :hmm: :hmm: :D

Or roll the dice and hire Rich Miano and also have Rich run the Pro Day
I think Chow must hate Miano from all the negative things Miano's said about the team. Might hire Reardon first.
The only db coach I would really go after is Duane Akina.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Truth be told, it would be in UH's best interest for NC to seek and hire another African American coach. Now before all the "race doesn't matter" folks get their panties in a bunch, do know that when you are an African American player in Hawaii race does matter. And coaches like Daronte serve in the very same roles the George Lumpkins of the past served -- a mentor and advocate for young, African American men who venture many miles over the ocean to play for UH. Remember, the landscape of the American continent is wide and vast. Daronte is also a member of Omega Psi Phi, a prominent African American fraternity, with many many members both in the player and coaching ranks in all levels of football from little league to the NFL. It is no secret that Daronte was able to recruit and get many of those Florida boys to come out here and play. And not only get them out here, but have coaches on staff who understand the unique experience of they actually being out here. Something like a Hawaii player going to a certain school on the continent because of a Hawaiian or other polynesian coach. Very very similar principle. Chow should go after a young, talented, African American coach who can recruit DB's. It doesn't hurt if he's a member of Omega Psi Phi either. :)
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

That means he's gonna be joining this guy.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

SundayJam wrote:Image

That means he's gonna be joining this guy.
Gee Dave it was Mack who gave you a shot at DC. I guess he is still feeling the sting when Chow came on board and he he wasn't retained. I hate to be Chow when they go up there.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: