Who will be Hawaii's QB in 2015?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Chow'sNextQB
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Who will be Hawaii's QB in 2015?

Post by Chow'sNextQB »

Its one of our biggest question marks. Norm Chow has molded some great college quarterbacks over his time. I am a huge fan of Ikaika Woolsey. I believe Woolsey can lead this team. But do you guys seeing Chow going to anyone else as the starter?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Who will be Hawaii's QB in 2015?

Post by My3Cats »

Max Wittek will get a shot at it. Otherwise he will have wasted his time transferring to UH and Chow will never again get a transfer quarterback from a higher profile program.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Ikaika, Max, Beau should all get equal reps during the spring.
The final decision should be made in mid August

Chow'sNextQB
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Chow'sNextQB »

I forgot about Max Wittek. He was a top recruit.
I still would like to see Woolsey under center but i guess well sit back and wait to see.
#McKenzieMiltonIsTheFuture

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Chow'sNextQB wrote:Its one of our biggest question marks. Norm Chow has molded some great college quarterbacks over his time. I am a huge fan of Ikaika Woolsey. I believe Woolsey can lead this team. But do you guys seeing Chow going to anyone else as the starter?
With no UH football, I've been watching some clips on youtube of past UH QBs. Many of UH's past QB got that rocket arm. I don't see that in Woolsey.

I never thought Woolsey was it when he started. Over the year, I've become his fan because of other factors such as spirit, heart, loyalty, and attitude. I like to see Woolsey get the job for the next 2 years.

Woolsey is not JJ (or Mac) type of QB. But I think he is "perfect" for Chow's system. Is there another RB to really replace Joey Iosefa? If Chow is going to stay with run first, run second, then pass, Woolsey is a good QB if Chow is sticking to the same plan.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Problem has been who will be healthy enough to start in the fall. I am just hoping to see better depth at the position.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

My vote is Wittek

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

saw Wittek practicing last year at the UH practice field. Brah!..that guy is money. Accuracy and arm strength. No comparison. Dangerous. Jus need someone to throw it to.

quikfeat
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by quikfeat »

MAX WITTEK!!! 'nuff said...

IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

Whatever happened to Aaron Zwahlen? Not sure if you guys remember but the four star quarterback coming out of Thomas Downey HS who went on a Mormon trip for two years. Isn't he coming back? I haven't heard anything about him whether or not he retired from football or if he's transferring. Anyways of he is staying then people are obviously sleeping on him because I've heard literally nobody talking about him In the starting QB role.

Max Wittek will most likely be the starter next season. This kid has major potential and can turn this 4-9 team to at least a 6-6 team.

I'm sorry but Woolsey isn't a good quarterback. He throws interceptions like nothing. He threw 13 touchdowns and 13 interceptions this season, he isn't a great decision maker. Not to mention Woolsey doesn't have an arm either...when the Warriors were on the road against SDSU that was really terrible quarterback play. I like Woolsey but unfortunately it is time to move on.

Beau shouldn't even be in the discussion. If he couldn't start over Woolsey this season what makes you think he would start over Wittek. I see Beau being a fourth string quarterback.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

quikfeat wrote:MAX WITTEK!!! 'nuff said...
I forget now. He had to sit out one year. His Jr. year. So does that mean he will be Sr. and only play one year?

Chow'sNextQB
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Chow'sNextQB »

I know Max Wittek will get the hot name for QB but i still have faith that Woolsey can beat him out. I guess over time will tell. Just want to see Hawaii back on track and making a bowl game!!!

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

There is no I in team, but the players are still kids, not far remove from HS. Do you think Woolsey built a relationship with his OL? Will then protect him "better?" Vs. some guy from the mainland who they don't know. And dare I say....mainland white. Race has nothing to do with football, but let's ask it for what it is. Colt B was very good in adopting to the locals (and Samoans). It wasn't some fake act. He felt the aloha and it showed in his heart.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

cabanalane wrote:There is no I in team, but the players are still kids, not far remove from HS. Do you think Woolsey built a relationship with his OL? Will then protect him "better?" Vs. some guy from the mainland who they don't know. And dare I say....mainland white. Race has nothing to do with football, but let's ask it for what it is. Colt B was very good in adopting to the locals (and Samoans). It wasn't some fake act. He felt the aloha and it showed in his heart.
Lets see, our best OLine is a mainland white guy, Ben Clarke
Our part time starting Center is a mainland white guy, Brenden Urban
Our best Guard is a mainland black guy, Dejon Allen
Other mainland OLine: Elijah Tupai, Kealii Kauahi, RJ Hollis, Leo Koloamatangi
Heck our starting oline could be all mainland guys..

Black, white, brown, yellow, red, pink, purple, blue, green doesnt matter, they just want to win

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

One Injury away. We are always one injury away. So a better question would be "who are Hawaii's Quarterbacks for 2015?"

I believe Woolsey should get first shot. One year older. Hopefully, one year better. He made plenty of mistakes this first year....even to a point where folks made the claim that "he is not a QB." I say given the current scenario, Woolsey should get first shot.

Wittek? The jury is out. Yes, he played for USC. Remember that Taylor Graham played for Ohio State. Prior school only supports one angle: Hype. Until we see him on the field....in real game situation, the jury is still out. At this point of the year, there is no way in hell that he warrants greater consideration than Woolsey. If he does, then I guess hype supersedes practicality.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul