Replace the 2015 Ohio St game?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Replace the 2015 Ohio St game?

Post by SundayJam »

Okay, we've got both Wisconsin and Ohio State next year, but we've also got UC Davis and Louisiana Monroe. It's a wash as far as I'm concerned. If we can schedule 13 games, that means we'll have 11 winnable games. Coincidentally, Gary Andersen moved on, but Dave Aranda is still the defensive coordinator at Wisconsin.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

SundayJam wrote:Okay, we've got both Wisconsin and Ohio State next year, but we've also got UC Davis and Louisiana Monroe. It's a wash as far as I'm concerned. If we can schedule 13 games, that means we'll have 11 winnable games. Coincidentally, Gary Andersen moved on, but Dave Aranda is still the defensive coordinator at Wisconsin.
To beat Wisconsin in 2015 we'll have to emulate Ohio State's offense from the Big 10's Championship Game and the defense will have to make enough stops to cement the victory. But wait ... we still have Chowball. Instead of the offense scoring 59 points, Chow will lead the game 3-0 on a field goal on the opening drive and try to hold on to win 3-0, and fail miserably. I'm really looking forward to Chowball V4.0.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

SundayJam wrote:Okay, we've got both Wisconsin and Ohio State next year, but we've also got UC Davis and Louisiana Monroe. It's a wash as far as I'm concerned. If we can schedule 13 games, that means we'll have 11 winnable games. Coincidentally, Gary Andersen moved on, but Dave Aranda is still the defensive coordinator at Wisconsin.
Chow would need to win more MWC games in one season than he has managed in the past three to have a successful season. That will be a tall order with the core of the team graduating this year.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

My3Cats wrote: To beat Wisconsin in 2015 we'll have to emulate Ohio State's offense from the Big 10's Championship Game and the defense will have to make enough stops to cement the victory. But wait ... we still have Chowball. Instead of the offense scoring 59 points, Chow will lead the game 3-0 on a field goal on the opening drive and try to hold on to win 3-0, and fail miserably. I'm really looking forward to Chowball V4.0.
Old Diver wrote:Chow would need to win more MWC games in one season than he has managed in the past three to have a successful season. That will be a tall order with the core of the team graduating this year.
Ohio State, Wisconsin...USC....they're gonna beat us...every year. It's time we give up the delusion that we're gonna be BCS busters. Yeah, we put up a good show against some good teams year in and year out. I count many of the good losses to good teams in recent years as good shows. Ohio St. and Whisky are good trades for UC Davis and UL Monroe. The rest is mediocre football...which we should win the majority of every year.

Scheduling Ohio St. is not the problem.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

SundayJam wrote:
My3Cats wrote: To beat Wisconsin in 2015 we'll have to emulate Ohio State's offense from the Big 10's Championship Game and the defense will have to make enough stops to cement the victory. But wait ... we still have Chowball. Instead of the offense scoring 59 points, Chow will lead the game 3-0 on a field goal on the opening drive and try to hold on to win 3-0, and fail miserably. I'm really looking forward to Chowball V4.0.
Old Diver wrote:Chow would need to win more MWC games in one season than he has managed in the past three to have a successful season. That will be a tall order with the core of the team graduating this year.
Ohio State, Wisconsin...USC....they're gonna beat us...every year. It's time we give up the delusion that we're gonna be BCS busters. Yeah, we put up a good show against some good teams year in and year out. I count many of the good losses to good teams in recent years as good shows. Ohio St. and Whisky are good trades for UC Davis and UL Monroe. The rest is mediocre football...which we should win the majority of every year.

Scheduling Ohio St. is not the problem.
If we had effective play-calling and an offense that wasn't run, run, short pass, we'd have a good chance. Playing tough teams are better morale builders vs beating "I Never Heard of U". I really hope Chow goes into the booth to call plays or releases the duties to someone without interfering like he stated in the article in today's SB paper.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

poi pounder wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:you guys do realize that the last time we beat a bowl eligible team was once in 2011.
other than that you have to back to the 2010 WAC champion season.

we arent even a mid of the pack mid major.
recently, playing up is against Nevada, Utah St.
What a sad reality, yeah? I see the benefits in both. Financially, stick with the OSU game. Boost morality, try to schedule a "winnable" game. Decisions, decisions...
Games like this one against tOSU pay the bills. Lucky to get contracts like this.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

HawaiianHogster wrote:We have 7 winnable games next year. You want to go bowling win those. Go to OSU and feel what it is like to be big time.
I feel we have nine winnable games, all except tOSU, Wisky, AFA and Boise. All the rest are sucky teams. It remains to be seen if Chowball games are suckier than those teams.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

BigWave96744 wrote:We will either play the #1 or #2 Buckeye team next year as they just knocked of Alabama, in the Sugar Bowl, with their 3RD STRING QB :o

Urban Meyer got it going at Ohio St, 37-3 over 3 seasons.
He will have lots of returnees, including his 3 QB's

He racked up 2 National Champs, 11 straight winning seasons, 8-2 in bowl games (first year at Ohio St they were on probation), 5-1 in BCS Bowl games, and won BCS games at his last 3 stops, Utah, Florida and now Ohio St.

Up to now, I thought the Urban Meyer 2008 Florida team, led by Tim Tebow, was the most difficult game Hawaii ever played in.
Coming off the Sugar Bowl year we got beat 56-10.

Time for the coaches and team to step it up if they want keep the game respectable.
I don't care how respectable we look. Just hand us over that check so we can keep the athletic department running.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Aranda will want to totally shut down Chowball. I wouldn't blame him.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

[quote="My3CatsTo beat Wisconsin in 2015 ....[/quote]

Huh? Are you serious? Hahahaha.... :lol:
I am the one who knocks.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Hawaii will be favored in two games: UC-Davis and UL-Monroe. That is it. Maybe San Jose State, but I think that probably ends up +3 Hawaii too.

This will be Chow's flame out year. The culmination of all his terribleness coming to a climax. This is the money year where he takes his bad coaching to the next level.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

How can you call other teams sucky when our signature wins in the Chow era was a home win over Wyoming and a game winning TD over UNLV

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

BigWave96744 wrote:How can you call other teams sucky when our signature wins in the Chow era was a home win over Wyoming and a game winning TD over UNLV
Hahahahaha.... Eh, just because we're suckier, doesn't mean the team we play against aren't sucky. :P
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

808Hawaii wrote:[quote="My3CatsTo beat Wisconsin in 2015 ....

Huh? Are you serious? Hahahaha.... :lol:[/quote]
Bwahahahaha!

You know me 808Hawaii! I'm rarely serious!! Especially when it comes to Chowball You just have to laugh.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

My3Cats wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:[quote="My3CatsTo beat Wisconsin in 2015 ....

Huh? Are you serious? Hahahaha.... :lol:
Bwahahahaha!

You know me 808Hawaii! I'm rarely serious!! Especially when it comes to Chowball You just have to laugh.[/quote]
I was laughing when I read those words. :D
I am the one who knocks.