DAVE MATLIN select as AD

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football

Who should be the next Athletics Director for UH?

June Jones
16%
Dick Tomey
5%
Keith Amemiya
21%
Rick Blangiardi
16%
Riley Wallace
5%
Bob Wagner
3%
Dave Shoji
8%
Marilyn Moniz-Kahoohanohano
5%
John McNamara
No votes
Someone unknown chosen by a mainland search committee
3%
Someone unknown chosen by the current University leadership
3%
Mufi Hanneman
11%
Neil Abercrombie
3%
Rich Miano
3%

Total votes: 38

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Official "Who should be the next AD" Thread

Post by xer 21 »

anyone who votes for mcnamara should get a temp ban.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

kuznickic wrote:Mufi would put a local face on the program(s). Neil and June are too old.
Isn't BJ one those type of folks that is granted local status upon arrival?

And Mufi lost the election because he had to remind us that he looked like us.

Perhaps you are joking. But the face of the program is the last thing we need to worry about.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

In a radio interview awhile ago Bob Wagner said that he thinks that an AD should have football experience.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

RedZone wrote:In a radio interview awhile ago Bob Wagner said that he thinks that an AD should have football experience.
Agree. I love Dave and Riley and all but, not as our AD.

We need someone strong like Mufi. He'd be unafraid to make decisions to get things done. But Upper Campus wants someone weak and controlable, like a BJ clone.
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Blangiardi and Amemiya would be great as AD, but the big question is, would they be willing to take probable huge pay cuts from their current jobs to take this job and become someone else's puppet on a string?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Sweet Lei Mokihana
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Los Angelas Dodgers
NBA: AnybodybutLakers&Heat
NFL: Cardinals and Seahawks

Post by Sweet Lei Mokihana »

808Hawaii wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:Won't matter who gets hired as AD until the hive-mind up at UH get their heads out of their okoles and start working together efficiently toward a common goal, whatever that goal may be.
That's why I chose Mufi. We need someone strong enough to lead, not just someone that just follows bad leadership down the same wrong path.
LOL....are you saying that with a straight face??!

I think Amemiya or Blangiardi would do a great job.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

Who ever it is will be asked to make bricks without straws.

Anyone that's been paying attention noticed that the UH was begging the Legislature for millions yesterday for UH athletics.

Social media immediately followed up on the report, and it was my perception that the majority of the responses were in anger over the prospect of those tax-dollars going towards UH athletics while so many other State-run services are suffering.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Sweet Lei Mokihana wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:Won't matter who gets hired as AD until the hive-mind up at UH get their heads out of their okoles and start working together efficiently toward a common goal, whatever that goal may be.
That's why I chose Mufi. We need someone strong enough to lead, not just someone that just follows bad leadership down the same wrong path.
LOL....are you saying that with a straight face??!

I think Amemiya or Blangiardi would do a great job.
I'm sure both Amemiya and Blangiardi would do great jobs as well but they're already gainfully employed. Mufi is strong willed. So much so, he may not be what B-V wants in an AD. He is not a Ben Jay clone.
I am the one who knocks.

shokee
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by shokee »

madeinhawaii wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:Mufi is a huge fan.
He played collegiate Bball, used to host the summer youth basketball jam and worked with the NFL for the Pro Bowl.

Small kine joking but if he was the AD Maybe he could somehow work with the government to get "His Rail" to run from Kapolei to Manoa and thus connecting the 2 campuses and eventually having an onsite stadium out in Kapolei
What happened to my Abercrombie suggestion? 8) We need someone with UH background who thinks they are higher up than anyone there, BOR included, to put the fix on the entire system... top down, bottom up. Because until that's done, nothing will change at lower campus. None of the above can accomplish that.

Heck... Might as well nominate Obama for AD... "Hawaii's Favorite Son" right? :lol:

OBAMA for AD!! also Biden for assistant AD!!(someone to blame when it doesn't workout) :lol:

GO WARRIORS!! :evil:

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

In the paper today.
Fact is athletics receives less than 1 percent of the general funds bestowed upon the university. Much of that for lower campus janitorial services, landscaping and some administration.

In the leagues UH competes in, its outside support is either at the very bottom or within shouting distance of it. This while it faces higher costs due to its geography.

Athletics receives none of the proceeds from parking for athletic events on its own campus. Nor does it share in the millions in advertising signage or concessions revenue from its games at Aloha Stadium, where it is the marquee tenant. Though it is charged for stadium clean-up.
Whoever takes the job can't succeed.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

TheDuke wrote:In the paper today.
Fact is athletics receives less than 1 percent of the general funds bestowed upon the university. Much of that for lower campus janitorial services, landscaping and some administration.

In the leagues UH competes in, its outside support is either at the very bottom or within shouting distance of it. This while it faces higher costs due to its geography.

Athletics receives none of the proceeds from parking for athletic events on its own campus. Nor does it share in the millions in advertising signage or concessions revenue from its games at Aloha Stadium, where it is the marquee tenant. Though it is charged for stadium clean-up.
Whoever takes the job can't succeed.
And I predict, the next AD is not on the listing of this thread.....the next AD will shock us all, and comes out of left field..... :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

FishstickBoy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by FishstickBoy »

I think the only way things can improve is if we get a new BOR. But every smart person here knows that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

pumpfake
Starter
Starter

Post by pumpfake »

xer 21 wrote:anyone who votes for mcnamara should get a temp ban.
+1000. Time for BV to trim the fat.

pumpfake
Starter
Starter

Post by pumpfake »

Poor BJ couldn't get what he wanted for UH athletics by snapping his fingers like he did at Ohio St. God bless him for trying. Maybe the next AD will come from a program that successfully fixes things with duct tape.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

My3Cats wrote:Blangiardi and Amemiya would be great as AD, but the big question is, would they be willing to take probable huge pay cuts from their current jobs to take this job and become someone else's puppet on a string?
I hear that Blangiardi would take it in a heartbeat...