Public Relations

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Public Relations

Post by HawaiianHogster »

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/zY1pxS ... 26ccd9be17

The female holding the poster says it all. UH and Hawaii politicians better take this into account. Get rid of athletics and lose everything positive that athletics brought to UH and the state.

One freaking college and for some reason Hawaii can't figure out a way to make it the best. Hawaii has some sack-less politicians. This past election proves that Hawaii wants sack-less people in charge of their welfare. Sack-less = No leadership.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Public Relations

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Check this out. Arkansas Pine Bluff has an estimated population of about 46,094 people. They have a football team as well as 13 other programs. Hawaii played their basketball team twice. If they can figure out a way to make it work, so can Hawaii with the right leadership.

Hawaii is estimated at around 1,404,054 people.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I agree with your statements. Just want to point out Hawaii (and like some major cities) is different and have too much to do. If one is not interested in Football, there are thousands other things you can do on a Saturday.

I'm going to guess Arkansas is not the same. College sports is big in states like Alabama, cause there is nothing to do or exciting going on.

As much as I don't want to see it happen, Oahu will not miss a beat without UH Football. For some states (city) it would totally suck.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

HawaiianHogster wrote:http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/zY1pxS ... 26ccd9be17

The female holding the poster says it all. UH and Hawaii politicians better take this into account. Get rid of athletics and lose everything positive that athletics brought to UH and the state.

One freaking college and for some reason Hawaii can't figure out a way to make it the best. Hawaii has some sack-less politicians. This past election proves that Hawaii wants sack-less people in charge of their welfare. Sack-less = No leadership.
PR @ UH has been horrific or non existent. Not sure which is better, $hitty management of communication of the UH brand or no marketing/communication.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

CoconutKid
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by CoconutKid »

HawaiianHogster wrote:Check this out. Arkansas Pine Bluff has an estimated population of about 46,094 people. They have a football team as well as 13 other programs. Hawaii played their basketball team twice. If they can figure out a way to make it work, so can Hawaii with the right leadership.

Arkansas Pine Bluff is a D2 school in the SWAC conference. The SWAC consists of about 5 southern states that are right next to one another. All the teams are a day reach from one another by bus. Who would we play that is a bus ride away? EVERY away game costs airfare / hotel / meals for at least 60+ players. We PAY teams IN OUR CONFERENCE to play us at our house. What is Arkansas PB's recruiting budget? Travel budget? Talent level? How would they even begin to compete with MWC talent ?

Apples and Oranges.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

HawaiianHogster wrote:Check this out. Arkansas Pine Bluff has an estimated population of about 46,094 people. They have a football team as well as 13 other programs. Hawaii played their basketball team twice. If they can figure out a way to make it work, so can Hawaii with the right leadership.

But they're in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. What else is there to do or see? The football game might be the only thing to look forward to the entire week. And it might actually be fun to watch that team play.
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:

But they're in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. What else is there to do or see? The football game might be the only thing to look forward to the entire week. And it might actually be fun to watch that team play.
There is great year around weather on the islands, world class surf, snorkeling, shopping, boating, site-seeing and family activities, etc
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:

There is great year around weather on the islands, world class surf, snorkeling, shopping, boating, site-seeing and family activities, etc
And you forgot the most important part. It's not fun watching Chowball.
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

808Hawaii wrote:And you forgot the most important part. It's not fun watching Chowball.
Chowball.

I've had a colonoscopy and elected not to have general anesthesia so that I could kinda keep track of what the doctor was doing down there. That's what watching Chowball is like.

Edit: And at least the doctor (a female) was cute too.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

My3Cats wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:And you forgot the most important part. It's not fun watching Chowball.
Chowball.

I've had a colonoscopy and elected not to have general anesthesia so that I could kinda keep track of what the doctor was doing down there. That's what watching Chowball is like.

What hospital you go? :wink:
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

808Hawaii wrote:
My3Cats wrote:
Chowball.

What hospital you go? :wink:
Wouldn't you like to know? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hint: somewhere in Honolulu
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.