poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Chow Retained

Post by poidog »

UnBiasFan wrote:
travo66 wrote:
TheDuke wrote:Good decision.
If by good you mean "one of the worst ever in UH football history," then yes, I agree with you!
I see the cup as half full.

This forum and the rest of blogshpere can whine, craap, pooop, hate, shiit, and whatever else.

Chow is the coach for next year. As a fan, he has my support 100%.

As JJ says, snap and clear. I'll add --- everyone should STFU about Chow until next year.
anyone who is ok with watching year 4 of the norm chow experiment has no credibility as a football fan.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

[/quote]anyone who is ok with watching year 4 of the norm chow experiment has no credibility as a football fan.[/quote]

That deserves a +1000 minimum.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

STFU???

Chow you mad? Relax brah

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I guess we're not getting RUTS-ed anymore. That's the only improvement I can see. Sure we got more wins, but there were a real lack of quality wins for me. Ikaika Woolsey's desperation won us a couple of games. More often than not though it caused a loss due to excessive interceptions. He had 13 interceptions...is that a lot? I guess he's not in the same league as Timmy Chang, but Timmy had a lot more going for him. There seems to be across the board lack of discipline too. There were far too many blown assignments and penalties. Coach gets a D+ from me.

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. the bottom line is that Chow is the only person we can afford. We're still paying for MRC Greenwood's paycheck, Tom Apple, and other idiots from the mainland that duped the system. Getting another coach at this point would set us up on the UAB highway. Chow will do better next year and, like poidog will probably purchase my season tickets again as show of supporting the athletes. Even worse, I hate the fact that we have other year of that awful rainbow uni's. Old plays, old ways doesn't attract the young athletes.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

TheDuke wrote:Good decision.
if you want to kill the program, sure.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

......as most of us knew he would be. Not that it's a good thing or anything.

Step 1 - Get a real OC!!

Step 2 - Anoint Max Wittek the starter ASAP!!!!
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Not the popular nor wanted decision but I don't see how any other decision could be made (unless Chow retired on his own). I see one more year (sadly) of Chow-ball at $500,000 plus a year then fire him with $200,000 buyout.
Run, run, pass, punt - but without Harding :(
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

Palolo_2LA wrote:I knew it...the "influential" donors have too much pull. I guess we should be happy they don't want to change the team's name, colors and mascot again (Hawaii Flying Zeros, Color : Silver and Red and Mascot is a torpedo.)
The influential donors want Chow gone too. It is reflected by the drastic decline in corporate donations. Up to this point they have not put up the money to buy Chow out. It will be interesting to see if they do.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

At this point, Chow has to stay.

Put aside football for a sec. The UH Athletic program is so messed up and Chow staying, is a good thing. Basketball is a mess. AD is gone. Chow need to stay. If Chow was to submit a letter of resignation, the smart thing to do is convince Chow to stay, and not accept it.

UH Athletics need to stop the bleeding first, before it can recover. Forget the tickets sales or sponsorship (for now). The Athletics dept is in a big mess.

I think Ben Jay needed to go. New leadership is needed first. Then we can talk about the football coach.

Cliff: One thing at a time.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I'll be the first to say this (I think). Thank you Norm Chow. Looking forward to victories in the next season.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Old Diver wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote:I knew it...the "influential" donors have too much pull. I guess we should be happy they don't want to change the team's name, colors and mascot again (Hawaii Flying Zeros, Color : Silver and Red and Mascot is a torpedo.)
The influential donors want Chow gone too. It is reflected by the drastic decline in corporate donations. Up to this point they have not put up the money to buy Chow out. It will be interesting to see if they do.
Or the "big wig" has enough pull and he doesn't want NC gone...so he gets his way.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

WA Warrior wrote:
anyone who is ok with watching year 4 of the norm chow experiment has no credibility as a football fan.[/quote]

That deserves a +1000 minimum.[/quote]

I can add another.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

BullNuts808 wrote:Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. the bottom line is that Chow is the only person we can afford. We're still paying for MRC Greenwood's paycheck, Tom Apple, and other idiots from the mainland that duped the system. Getting another coach at this point would set us up on the UAB highway. Chow will do better next year and, like poidog will probably purchase my season tickets again as show of supporting the athletes. Even worse, I hate the fact that we have other year of that awful rainbow uni's. Old plays, old ways doesn't attract the young athletes.
I really have to disagree with this post. The deficit will increase with another year of Chowball. What? UH no more good enough credit to take out a loan? The deficit would decrease by more than $750K if we had a coach the fan base would be excited about - JJ, Babers, Rolo, etc. A loan would have been a great investment.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Grinch wrote:Not the popular nor wanted decision but I don't see how any other decision could be made (unless Chow retired on his own). I see one more year (sadly) of Chow-ball at $500,000 plus a year then fire him with $200,000 buyout.
Run, run, pass, punt - but without Harding :(
And in front of less than 20,000 people at Aloha Stadium. We'll see the deficit rise next year.
I am the one who knocks.