Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Chow Retained

Post by Palolo_2LA »

I knew it...the "influential" donors have too much pull. I guess we should be happy they don't want to change the team's name, colors and mascot again (Hawaii Flying Zeros, Color : Silver and Red and Mascot is a torpedo.)
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

FatJeff
High-quality H20 provider

Post by FatJeff »

Palolo_2LA wrote:I knew it...the "influential" donors have too much pull. I guess we should be happy they don't want to change the team's name, colors and mascot again (Hawaii Flying Zeros, Color : Silver and Red and Mascot is a torpedo.)

Fine. They want Norm THAT bad, then they better crack their wallets and make up the Athletic Departments deficit.

The news of Norm being retained is making it VERY difficult for me to justify the expense of seasons tickets next year.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

FatJeff wrote:The news of Norm being retained is making it VERY difficult for me to justify the expense of seasons tickets next year.
+1

I mean, I probably will buy season tickets again just because it's what I do... but I do have to think hard about it now. I mean, even if he wins 6 games somehow next season, is that the new "top of the mountain" for us?

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Unfortunately next year, I won't have Marcus Mariota and the Ducks to distract me from UH.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

Maybe i'll shift my seats to the cheaper season tickets. That way I'll still go but not hurt so much in my pocket. And can splurge more on the tailgating, which has become the highlight of game day. That and the fan phones after the game.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

chawan_cut wrote:Maybe i'll shift my seats to the cheaper season tickets. That way I'll still go but not hurt so much in my pocket. And can splurge more on the tailgating, which has become the highlight of game day. That and the fan phones after the game.
lots of open seats up by us in EE Row 43.

FatJeff

Post by FatJeff »

poidog wrote:
chawan_cut wrote:Maybe i'll shift my seats to the cheaper season tickets. That way I'll still go but not hurt so much in my pocket. And can splurge more on the tailgating, which has become the highlight of game day. That and the fan phones after the game.
lots of open seats up by us in EE Row 43.
As well as JJ Orange row...well, the whole damn section! Especially since seasons ticket holders have not been renewing. These are great seats, 30 yard line behind the UH bench. Been a great place to watch Norm wander around dis-attached from the action.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

What the hell was BJ watching to make is comment? "One of the things I took from our conversation is that we definitely needed to improve in some areas but there was sufficient progress being made," Jay said.

Sufficient is a word not in his vocab....as evidenced by his performance during his tenure. Just as sad is the chancellor agreeing. Dumba$$.

For those data driven ppl, that equates to 206K per win...550K for 3 yrs with 8 wins. "sufficient progress"
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Sadly, my home will not be renewing our football package next year. It's not that we don't support the team. It's just that we only have so much in the budget for family entertainment. At this point, it appears those funds are much better spent doing something else. We will still support them in spirit and heart. Just not with real, tangible money. For the sake of my family's budget, compounded by the decisions of the "powers that be," I just can't justify it. Something sick is upon UH football, and there is no current remedy other than winning....consistently....at least 6 times per year.

Yes, we have made improvements....in many different areas. Including the win column -- woo hoo, we had 4 wins this year! But please, let's not fool ourselves into believing that we have a product worthy of distinction, because we don't. With next year's schedule, be happy if we win 4 again. Not only do we have those body bag games, but we also have Boise and Air force now in the MWC rotation. Remember, no Harding, no Iosefa and other big losses with the senior class. Everyone else is UNPROVEN. Certainly there are some up and coming players. But let's not get it too twisted.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Palolo_2LA wrote:I knew it...the "influential" donors have too much pull. I guess we should be happy they don't want to change the team's name, colors and mascot again (Hawaii Flying Zeros, Color : Silver and Red and Mascot is a torpedo.)
They are the same MORONS that kept the GAY word Rainbow coalition Warriors. That is the mentality of upper campus.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Good decision.

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None

Post by travo66 »

TheDuke wrote:Good decision.
If by good you mean "one of the worst ever in UH football history," then yes, I agree with you!
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

travo66 wrote:
TheDuke wrote:Good decision.
If by good you mean "one of the worst ever in UH football history," then yes, I agree with you!
I see the cup as half full.

This forum and the rest of blogshpere can whine, craap, pooop, hate, shiit, and whatever else.

Chow is the coach for next year. As a fan, he has my support 100%.

As JJ says, snap and clear. I'll add --- everyone should STFU about Chow already. We move on to next year.