Coach Taylor Provides Insight to Norm Chow's Fatal Flaw

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Coach Taylor Provides Insight to Norm Chow's Fatal Flaw

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
My3Cats wrote:Good thought. But the stubborn old man will not listen to a young whippersnapper. "Who does he think he is to give advice to me, the Offensive Guru who has coached national championship teams and Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks!"
I am beginning to think NC has been lucky with talent and not so much a "guru". My grandma can call plays for R Bush and SC would be successful behind that grade A OL.
Only beginning? SMH. Chow is no guru.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

cabanalane wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote: and SC would be successful behind that grade A OL.
(This is a football forum, so you know what I mean and trying to say. And not about race)

How come UH don't recruit (big) white or black players from states like....(I don't know, making it up) Alabama, Ohio, etc. Guys like 6'5" 310lbs. Ok, that's not UH's recruiting turf. But why not? I'm sure there are (big and talented) guys not taken by powerhouse schools. And would love an opportunity to play college football.

If they are "stealing" our local boys, how come we are not stealing theirs? Ok, they won't come to Hawaii. Too far. But I'm sure the 2nd pickings isn't all that bad.

I'm looking at the current UH roster for next year. Our running backs are tiny. Nothing against the like of DSJ, but I find it hard to believe UH could not recruit some size. We can apply the same for the O and D Line too.
Distance has nothing to do with why mainland recruits aren't coming here. If it was all about distance, our guys wouldn't be going to the mainland either. They are choosing the mainland because there's better opportunities. Can't say the same for mainland recruits and the UH.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

I remember the World Football League.
I am the one who knocks.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

808Hawaii wrote:I remember the World Football League.
I heard about the formation of it. Never saw a game - I think. Or maybe I did on TV? There was a London team, I think.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote:
I heard about the formation of it. Never saw a game - I think. Or maybe I did on TV? There was a London team, I think.
808Hawaii goes way further back than that. I guess you don't remember "The Hawaiians"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hawaiians
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Take back my reply. I don't know the WFL. I was thinking of the football league started by (former) Dallas Cowboy owner(?) Tex Schramm (looked it up), and World League of American Football.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

cabanalane wrote:
I went to see them play at the stadium. Mainly to see Levi Stanley and Karl Lorch.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: