May UH never come to this

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: May UH never come to this

Post by 808Hawaii »

cabanalane wrote:
amela wrote:No way can a kid can pick the schools that pay the most. First of all you're recruited to play and get a free education. Second a school like Alabama cannot have 2000 players on football scholarships so if a kid can't get into Alabama for the big bucks then what? Quit?

Yes, they can, if they are recruited by multiple schools. Yes, he will look at the football factors, but if the decision comes down to two (similar), he could choose the one that "pays" him the most. If you are talking about a ghetto kid, that extra cash will be nice. If Stanford can pay more, why would he come to Hawaii? That amount could be set by the conference (don't know). But either case, the richer schools (conference?) can "pay" more than the other schools.

They will still have the same number of players, except they will be paid. Call it what we wish, a stipend or not. Bottom line is getting paid.

The stipend $ is on top of scholarship and room & board.
The P5 conferences are free to make their own rules now. They've pretty much freed themselves from the NCAA. They can increase their roster size, increase the number of scholarships allowed, enhance football playoffs, whatever they want. Increase the limit of stipends. The NCAA is powerless to stop the P5 conference. They only can pick on the rest of the conferences.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

BullNuts808 wrote:Mahalo poidog. Thanks for the clarity but was trying to emphasize the point of incoming revenue. I realize that during the Jones Era attendance was not all sold out but close to capacity. So the point I'd like to make is that at 30,000 fans in attendance, at the cheapest seating going at $27 (of which I, myself pay much more - this is not a complaint) will make approximately $810,000 of revenue per game not including the food, drink, and other items sold in the game. Mahalo again for those facts I didn't realize that those were the only sold out games lol.
Again for accuracy, UH doesn't receive any revenue from food sales at the stadium. Probably only from H-zone stuff.
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

808Hawaii wrote:
BullNuts808 wrote:Mahalo poidog. Thanks for the clarity but was trying to emphasize the point of incoming revenue. I realize that during the Jones Era attendance was not all sold out but close to capacity. So the point I'd like to make is that at 30,000 fans in attendance, at the cheapest seating going at $27 (of which I, myself pay much more - this is not a complaint) will make approximately $810,000 of revenue per game not including the food, drink, and other items sold in the game. Mahalo again for those facts I didn't realize that those were the only sold out games lol.
Again for accuracy, UH doesn't receive any revenue from food sales at the stadium. Probably only from H-zone stuff.
Too bad H-Zone stuff is a bit pricey and limited in overall selection of items.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.