UNLV's Double Unsportsmanlike Penalties

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: UNLV's Double Unsportsmanlike Penalties

Post by chawan_cut »

but what's the limit on how many people can get flagged? I didn't know you could get penalized for each player that did the excessive celebration. when I saw it happen I saw one guy running around with out a helmet, but I thought it was an on field player that was part of the 11.
and there were 2 yellow laundry flags after we scored but they magically disappeared. imagine the long review the ref would've had to have done to determine how many UH players were running around celebrating. we could've had the PAT back at our own 2. altho I think with a game ending type of play like ours, and the original thought that we didn't need to kick/go for the pat, that it might've been misunderstood like all of us fans thought initially?
I think tho because it
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

MauiGuy wrote:I love Hawaii football and agree that we won the game. I don't like how it happened and agree that there is an inconsistency in the application of the rule for non-helmeted participants on the field. If they flagged UNLV, they should have flagged Hawaii.
I'll take any win any way we can get them. If the ref was to blame, that's on them. It's not we tried to cheat.
ImageImage

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

unlv's end zone celebration penalties occurred with 15 seconds remaining in the game. the refs are trying to break up unlv's celebration and get them to line up for the extra point when the rest of their team shows up and continues to celebrate in the end zone. the game is still on, there's still time on the clock. penalty flags were thrown.

hawaii's celebration occurred after the game clock expired, game over. there was no attempt by the refs to stop the celebration as they moved past it to confer with the rest of the officiating crew to confirm the td and determine whether it was a walk off score.

from where i stood, along the aisle near the south goal line, it looked like players and coaches from both teams were on the field as soon as the td play ended and the game clock expired. if a penalty was to be assessed, both teams would have to be penalized and offset each other, spot for the pat would have been the same.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

st808 wrote:unlv's end zone celebration penalties occurred with 15 seconds remaining in the game. the refs are trying to break up unlv's celebration and get them to line up for the extra point when the rest of their team shows up and continues to celebrate in the end zone. the game is still on, there's still time on the clock. penalty flags were thrown.

hawaii's celebration occurred after the game clock expired, game over. there was no attempt by the refs to stop the celebration as they moved past it to confer with the rest of the officiating crew to confirm the td and determine whether it was a walk off score.

from where i stood, along the aisle near the south goal line, it looked like players and coaches from both teams were on the field as soon as the td play ended and the game clock expired. if a penalty was to be assessed, both teams would have to be penalized and offset each other, spot for the pat would have been the same.
No.. game wasn't over regardless of the clock. Because the score was only 2 points over UNLV they had to play the PAT. So, technically, the game wasn't over and if they had applied all the helmetless player penaltiess that stormed onto the field like they did against UNLV..? But who cares? :wink:

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

with 0 on the clock the game is over. To complete the game they had to make the point after attempt....it is required. But the game is over.

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

TheDuke wrote:with 0 on the clock the game is over. To complete the game they had to make the point after attempt....it is required. But the game is over.
They had to attempt a PAT because UNLV still could have scored and tied the game. If they did that, the game would have gone into overtime. So technically the game was not over.
ImageImage

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Link
I'm sure the rules have changed but I remember in 07 when Georgia had this excessive celebration penalty and they only had two flags thrown on them. It would've been only one but one of the players get flagged for "taunting"

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

madeinhawaii wrote:
st808 wrote:unlv's end zone celebration penalties occurred with 15 seconds remaining in the game. the refs are trying to break up unlv's celebration and get them to line up for the extra point when the rest of their team shows up and continues to celebrate in the end zone. the game is still on, there's still time on the clock. penalty flags were thrown.

No.. game wasn't over regardless of the clock. Because the score was only 2 points over UNLV they had to play the PAT. So, technically, the game wasn't over and if they had applied all the helmetless player penaltiess that stormed onto the field like they did against UNLV..? But who cares? :wink:

just saying that i don't recall penalties for excessive celebrations whenever a team scored the winning td in the fourth quarter with the time expired. entire teams have mobbed the end zone with no penalties, even if they had to clear the field for the pat. think flutie's hail mary, stanford's trombone crusher. clock is at 0:00, pat still to be kicked, and no penalties.

bul, like you say, only unlv cares.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Yup...early Christmas gift for NC. Another BS win.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook: