Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

2nd Favorite Team

Post by Egonator »

Hawaii Football is #1 but does everyone have a 2nd favorite team? If so, who is it? Oregon? Washington? USC? Bama? Michigan?

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: 2nd Favorite Team

Post by 808Hawaii »

Egonator wrote:Hawaii Football is #1 but do people have a 2nd favorite team? If so, who is it? Oregon? Washington? USC? Bama? Michigan?
I don't follow closely but I root for the SEC to do well because they are the best conference. I'd like to see two of those teams get into the playoffs.
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

SC...my grandmother's brothers were RBs there in the late 50's...heard great stories from my uncle Solomon (Naumu) about his playing days.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

if I watch any other college football teams, it is usually one of the service academies. Navy has been a favorite of mine even before Kenny N. took over. Other than them and maybe a few other pass-heavy teams like Washington State, I don't care much for college football so much these days. The money and the politics has ruined the experience for me. I'd rather just watch NFL than SEC football.

glockguy
All-conference
All-conference

Post by glockguy »

I'm strictly a college football fan. Only watch the Super Bowl for pro. Don't have a second favorite team but keep track and root for PAC 10/12 teams.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

#1 Hawaii
#2 Hawaii
#3 Hawaii

As for as NFL:
#1 Cowboys
#2 Patriots
#3 Not really a fan, but I had been watching almost every Jets game this season just to see Greg Salas make plays. It's crazy how similar they are to us cause they had a crap QB and couldn't run the ball and couldn't do much of anything. Also, now Salas barely plays cause he got hurt for a little bit and then they went and grabbed Percy Harvin

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

#2 Wyoming............nah nah nah just kidding I have no real interest in other football teams NFL college or whatever but while Ex Uh players are playing on NFL teams I try to catch those.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None
NBA: Lakers

Post by travo66 »

Probably catch a lot of flack for this one, but when they aren't playing Hawaii, I root for Boise State...I admire their execution, guts, and commitment to the game. I wanted them to crash the BCS party every year, since they were from our conference and it was something we (except one year) couldn't do.
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

travo66 wrote:Probably catch a lot of flack for this one, but when they aren't playing Hawaii, I root for Boise State...I admire their execution, guts, and commitment to the game. I wanted them to crash the BCS party every year, since they were from our conference and it was something we (except one year) couldn't do.
I also root for BSU. It's easy because they're not in our division.
I am the one who knocks.

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

Dallas Cowboys :D
ImageImage

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

If UH doesn't step up soon and prepare financially for the new college football world (stipends and all), this question may be an real dilemma for fans. Follow someone else? If so, who? What do you base it on? Let's hope things don't ever get that far.

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

J-Rod wrote:If UH doesn't step up soon and prepare financially for the new college football world (stipends and all), this question may be an real dilemma for fans. Follow someone else? If so, who? What do you base it on? Let's hope things don't ever get that far.
I only root for schools that I attended. So if no UH, then Univ. of Memphis for me. I do root or them in basketball more than UH.
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Ducks and Badgers are it this year. It depends on who's playing and who's coaching in a given season. I've been a Hawaii fan since Dick Tomey coached Hawaii. It's getting harder to be a Hawaii fan because the games are harder to view.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Irse wrote: I only root for schools that I attended. So if no UH, then Univ. of Memphis for me. I do root or them in basketball more than UH.
Memphis is doing well in football too. May be hard to retain Fuente, but they're a very good team.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

No mo. I try to find interesting matchups but that is about it. Don't really cheer for other teams. No sense in it.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: