June Jones as AD

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: June Jones as AD

Post by cabanalane »

oldhawaiiguy wrote:He does not possess any administrative qualities and is not a hard worker to boot.
Correct. If JJ was to be a AD, he would need a strong Assistant AD position to actually do the work. JJ as AD would be more for PR, rather than real AD work.

A side from that, he need to be greasy like a politician to be AD.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

oldhawaiiguy wrote:He does not possess any administrative qualities and is not a hard worker to boot.
A door knob has more personality and ability than BJ...at least JJ is a winner and ppl here love him...is the same true for BJ?
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

I think maybe it's time for Carl Clapp to move up to AD. He's knows the system inside out and was an assistant football coach for 12 years. To save money for a year or two, maybe he could even do a Chris Ault and be acting Head Coach while delegating most of the duties to a highly qualified DC, OC, and Associate HC. He'd step in only when absolutely necessary. This way, none of the coaches have a long term contract with a huge buyout, only Clapp. Clapp's buyout clause will be the option to going back to being a fulltime AD at a somewhat reduced pay, only.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

madeinhawaii wrote:I think maybe it's time for Carl Clapp to move up to AD. He's knows the system inside out and was an assistant football coach for 12 years. To save money for a year or two, maybe he could even do a Chris Ault and be acting Head Coach while delegating most of the duties to a highly qualified DC, OC, and Associate HC. He'd step in only when absolutely necessary. This way, none of the coaches have a long term contract with a huge buyout, only Clapp. Clapp's buyout clause will be the option to going back to being a fulltime AD at a somewhat reduced pay, only.
As far as being a HC, I hope not. Recruits still care who the HC is.
ImageImage

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Irse wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote:I think maybe it's time for Carl Clapp to move up to AD. He's knows the system inside out and was an assistant football coach for 12 years. To save money for a year or two, maybe he could even do a Chris Ault and be acting Head Coach while delegating most of the duties to a highly qualified DC, OC, and Associate HC. He'd step in only when absolutely necessary. This way, none of the coaches have a long term contract with a huge buyout, only Clapp. Clapp's buyout clause will be the option to going back to being a fulltime AD at a somewhat reduced pay, only.
As far as being a HC, I hope not. Recruits still care who the HC is.
I thought long and hard about that. The OC and DC also play a big part of that equation, too. As HC, Clapp would be a very stable figure, especially with a step back to AD clause. He won't be going anywhere while the kid is in school. We can't afford a big name coach right now, but what we need is a stabilizing force and the option to change things around if they aren't working out without paying through our noses in the near future.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com