0-3 and Coach is guaranteed fired
50%

Total votes: 14

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Results of the last 3 games

Post by madeinhawaii »

Me, too. With mixed emotions, I would like to see them win out. BUT, I'd like to see Chow graciously bow out after doing so, saying that his family needs him to be in Cal. He can then say that the team has turned the corner and that he knows whomever takes over will have a winning group on his hands.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

oneseason
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by oneseason »

With the win against SJSU, coach Chow now has 3 conference wins and 19 conference losses. A lot of his key play makers are coach McMackin's 2011 freshmen and red-shirt freshmen (see list below). Of those 2011 team members, three key playmakers in 2014 (Harding, Iosefa, and Hadden) will be gone for the 2015 season. It is scary to imagine Chow's offensive strategy without Scott Harding providing punting for field position (or punt returning, or receiving). Even if Chow insists on receiving the full buyout amount, it would still be a bargain compared to the revenue decrease in season ticket sales.

2011 members on 2014 team: Beau Yap, Calen Friel, Dave Lefotu, Dee Maggitt, Donnie King Jr., Frank Loyd Jr., Joey Iosefa, Justin Vele, Kody Afusia, Marcus Malepeai, Moses Samia, Ryan Pasoquen, Samson Anguay, Scott Harding, Sean Shigematsu, TJ Taimatuia, Tyler Hadden

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

oneseason wrote:With the win against SJSU, coach Chow now has 3 conference wins and 19 conference losses. A lot of his key play makers are coach McMackin's 2011 freshmen and red-shirt freshmen (see list below). Of those 2011 team members, three key playmakers in 2014 (Harding, Iosefa, and Hadden) will be gone for the 2015 season. It is scary to imagine Chow's offensive strategy without Scott Harding providing punting for field position (or punt returning, or receiving). Even if Chow insists on receiving the full buyout amount, it would still be a bargain compared to the revenue decrease in season ticket sales.

2011 members on 2014 team: Beau Yap, Calen Friel, Dave Lefotu, Dee Maggitt, Donnie King Jr., Frank Loyd Jr., Joey Iosefa, Justin Vele, Kody Afusia, Marcus Malepeai, Moses Samia, Ryan Pasoquen, Samson Anguay, Scott Harding, Sean Shigematsu, TJ Taimatuia, Tyler Hadden
The biggest loses will be Beau Yap, Marcus Malepeai and Moses Samia. That leaves a huge hole in the middle of our defense. We will need to build around Kennedy. There is no way you can replace Scott Harding. They are also going to have to rebuild the oline. Will they leave our best center at left tackle? Or will they move him back. If so we will have to find 2 tackles.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

MadCat88 wrote:I for one ~ would like to see them finish out with wins... just so this senior class can go out with some pride. One win (and away at that) today, so now it's a good chance for a win next week (not guaranteed... but "should be" a doable contest), and then a 50-50 chance in Fresno. Surely this team isn't in the upper tier of the MWC talent-wise, but they did play their hearts out... and I think those nicks & bruises had it's effect on their play as the season progressed ~ so I do feel really bad for those seniors, the potential for some good wins was always there. The younger players like Woolsey are now battle-hardened... and know what is needed off-season to get them ready for next year. The last thing this program needs at this juncture is a radical change in the Coaching Staff ~ rather what it does NEED is REAL & Substantial support from the local FANS in the isles. Either keep improving the program overall, or just give up the idea entirely of having any NCAA football in the state of Hawaii. Stepping DOWN to a lower division is NOT an option... the revenue loss would guarantee the END of it all, very quickly. BUT, no fan (particularly the fair weather ones) likes to spend valuable hard-earned cash to watch their home team ~ losing game after game either. So, it does all come around to a full-circle ~ and land in the lap of the Coach and his staff to recruit, develop, and prepare the players. The way I see it... they played to win from the very beginning, their hearts were totally in it and they believed they could do it... and that's a very good sign of the preparation this coaching staff provided. This team was NOT loaded with 4 - 5 star recruits, and we also learned there wasn't any surprise "diamonds in the rough" either (we knew Harding was special) ~ but they still put their best effort in each & every week. That's the most we FANS should expect of any team playing for U.H., particularly when most if not all of the key players are pretty banged up. Give them ALL the Mahalo and Aloha they truly deserve. Give the Coaches credit for keeping the players minds focused on each upcoming game, more so as we come to another disappointing season end for those players. Win out over UNLV, and then Fresno... and they are 5 - 8... and very much in the middle of the pack in the MWC west, ready to roll along a much better team next year.
Are you a ghost writer for NC? If not, you are drunk on that NC cool-aid my friend.

Have you seen this archaic, inept offense and the limited player and scheme development in-game and throughout the last 3 pitiful seasons? If NC wasn't a local boy, would the outcry be louder and more forceful? I say YES!
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

oneseason wrote: A lot of his key play makers are coach McMackin's 2011 freshmen and red-shirt freshmen (see list below).
Could it be that Chow wanted to play these guys because they are the guys from Mack's era. They could have made Chow's life difficult, but they bought in. It's not fair that they are left out when Chow took over. Yes, they weren't bad players either.

I almost want to see Chow back next year. So this is it. They are all his guys. All fed the Chow System from day one. Let's see what they got. No excuses. Win or get fired. It's all 100% Chow starting next year. All Chow.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

cabanalane wrote:
oneseason wrote: A lot of his key play makers are coach McMackin's 2011 freshmen and red-shirt freshmen (see list below).
Could it be that Chow wanted to play these guys because they are the guys from Mack's era. They could have made Chow's life difficult, but they bought in. It's not fair that they are left out when Chow took over. Yes, they weren't bad players either.

I almost want to see Chow back next year. So this is it. They are all his guys. All fed the Chow System from day one. Let's see what they got. No excuses. Win or get fired. It's all 100% Chow starting next year. All Chow.
They played because they were better than the other guy. If they started, they started because they were better than the others.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

cabanalane wrote:

TJ who got the MWC Defensive Player of the Week in the newspaper said that he is comfortable in the current defensive system which is rooted in the concepts implemented by former DC Dave Aranda who Clune worked with at Utah state. I like our current defensive system. We just need to recruit to fill in the holes.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
MadCat88 wrote:I for one ~ would like to see them finish out with wins... just so this senior class can go out with some pride. One win (and away at that) today, so now it's a good chance for a win next week (not guaranteed... but "should be" a doable contest), and then a 50-50 chance in Fresno. Surely this team isn't in the upper tier of the MWC talent-wise, but they did play their hearts out... and I think those nicks & bruises had it's effect on their play as the season progressed ~ so I do feel really bad for those seniors, the potential for some good wins was always there. The younger players like Woolsey are now battle-hardened... and know what is needed off-season to get them ready for next year. The last thing this program needs at this juncture is a radical change in the Coaching Staff ~ rather what it does NEED is REAL & Substantial support from the local FANS in the isles. Either keep improving the program overall, or just give up the idea entirely of having any NCAA football in the state of Hawaii. Stepping DOWN to a lower division is NOT an option... the revenue loss would guarantee the END of it all, very quickly. BUT, no fan (particularly the fair weather ones) likes to spend valuable hard-earned cash to watch their home team ~ losing game after game either. So, it does all come around to a full-circle ~ and land in the lap of the Coach and his staff to recruit, develop, and prepare the players. The way I see it... they played to win from the very beginning, their hearts were totally in it and they believed they could do it... and that's a very good sign of the preparation this coaching staff provided. This team was NOT loaded with 4 - 5 star recruits, and we also learned there wasn't any surprise "diamonds in the rough" either (we knew Harding was special) ~ but they still put their best effort in each & every week. That's the most we FANS should expect of any team playing for U.H., particularly when most if not all of the key players are pretty banged up. Give them ALL the Mahalo and Aloha they truly deserve. Give the Coaches credit for keeping the players minds focused on each upcoming game, more so as we come to another disappointing season end for those players. Win out over UNLV, and then Fresno... and they are 5 - 8... and very much in the middle of the pack in the MWC west, ready to roll along a much better team next year.
Are you a ghost writer for NC? If not, you are drunk on that NC cool-aid my friend.

Have you seen this archaic, inept offense and the limited player and scheme development in-game and throughout the last 3 pitiful seasons? If NC wasn't a local boy, would the outcry be louder and more forceful? I say YES!
I want next year's seniors and the rest of the team to have a better chance at success. If Chow returns next year, not only will the team's chance of success go down but revenue for the UHAD will suffer also. Chow gotta go.
I am the one who knocks.