Real Talk: Has the team given up?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Re: Real Talk: Has the team given up?

Post by nostra_808 »

Neighbor wrote:Where's guys like Rasmussen? Was a DI scholarship recruit for Colorado and it seemed like a blessing that he was coming back home and yet, he hasn't even seen the field yet. I'm sure there's a few bunch of other players as well that could contribute but instead are just seeing the bench. What up with that?
he moved to the OL in the spring.......the coaches feel he has more potential on offense, so right now he backs up lefotu at guard

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

nostra_808 wrote:
Neighbor wrote:Where's guys like Rasmussen? Was a DI scholarship recruit for Colorado and it seemed like a blessing that he was coming back home and yet, he hasn't even seen the field yet. I'm sure there's a few bunch of other players as well that could contribute but instead are just seeing the bench. What up with that?
he moved to the OL in the spring.......the coaches feel he has more potential on offense, so right now he backs up lefotu at guard
I think in the fall they moved him back to defensive line. That's where he is listed in the current roster. Hard to play when you don't have a home to call you own.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

It seems to me as soon as they make a few mistakes that costs them dearly they give up. The secondary breaks down and the d-line becomes wholly. Plus they look tired.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

HawaiianHogster wrote:It seems to me as soon as they make a few mistakes that costs them dearly they give up. The secondary breaks down and the d-line becomes wholly. Plus they look tired.
:o A few? ALL of the staffing and decision making by CHOW ball has produce nothing but losing in the past 3 years.....Colorado STATE is a real good football team that just showed HAWAII how bad we really are....
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
ulua wrote:Like I posted in the CSU game thread, our D is not this bad, how can you go from what they was in the first half of the season to this, I believe they gave up on our Offense back at the SDSU game. After beating Wyoming the O went back to their old ways of playing.

Perhaps our opponents have good coaching and a drive to improve throughout the season, while the UH players lack both elements?
Yes, our opponents' coaches are better and more driven, obviously. We played well against Washington and Oregon State, but where are they now? Both teams are struggling. They were both young teams playing a seasoned Warrior team early in the season. Other than CSU, we are at least not getting blown out of games. And yet, the wins over Northern Indiana and Wyoming are nothing to get excited about. I gotta believe that after the initial games we've been scouted, and our weaknesses have been defined.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

My3Cats wrote:
nostra_808 wrote:
I think in the fall they moved him back to defensive line. That's where he is listed in the current roster. Hard to play when you don't have a home to call you own.
The offense thinks he's on defense and the defense thinks he's on offense. :wink:
I am the one who knocks.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

SundayJam wrote:Yes, our opponents' coaches are better and more driven, obviously. We played well against Washington and Oregon State, but where are they now? Both teams are struggling. They were both young teams playing a seasoned Warrior team early in the season. Other than CSU, we are at least not getting blown out of games. And yet, the wins over Northern Indiana and Wyoming are nothing to get excited about. I gotta believe that after the initial games we've been scouted, and our weaknesses have been defined.
It was Northern Iowa that Hawaii beat. There is no Northern Indiana.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote:
SundayJam wrote:Yes, our opponents' coaches are better and more driven, obviously. We played well against Washington and Oregon State, but where are they now? Both teams are struggling. They were both young teams playing a seasoned Warrior team early in the season. Other than CSU, we are at least not getting blown out of games. And yet, the wins over Northern Indiana and Wyoming are nothing to get excited about. I gotta believe that after the initial games we've been scouted, and our weaknesses have been defined.
It was Northern Iowa that Hawaii beat. There is no Northern Indiana.
My point exactly.