Post by 808Hawaii »

The schedule is so tough. :roll:
I am the one who knocks.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Sentimental and Anemic

Post by Grinch »

I'm no expert, but seems Chow's offense relies on gaining 3 yards on first down, another 3 on second, and then 4 for a first down. One dropped pass, or one penalty . . . and it's a punt. Add to this that Chow seems to wanna milk the clock to shorten every game - to give UH "a chance" at the end. Not gonna work here, and BORING.

For those who remember, Dick Tomey was a run, run, punt guy. BUT, back then we had a ferocious Defense, and guys named Anthony Edgar, David Toloumu, and Gary Allen who could break a few long runs.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

The combined record of our opponents, not counting our game nor FCS teams, is 33-35. Colorado's only win against FBS teams is us. Our opponent's combined record against P5 teams is 7-24.

Tough schedule. :roll:
I am the one who knocks.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

bigislandkurt wrote:Words to describe this Norm Chow era.

Words to also describe NC apologist. Those who have uttered any of the following:

"He needs his players."
"His offense needs better players."
"Next year will be better."

Yes, apparently we can't buy him out. Like others, I've heard it a thousand times. No, I do not have $750k to buy him out. So yes, according to the template made available by NC/UH apologist, I can't talk.

*sigh*

This error, I mean era can't end soon enough. Fire him after this game already. Let the transition begin.

Nothing personal to NC either. Nothing against "Hawaii's native son." Nothing against the wise old offensive genius who have etched his name in the ranks of college football lore. Nothing personal against you Norm. But under your watch, the UH football brand has been destroyed. I will remain Sentimental in the sense that I will always cheer for my UH warriors. No matter what. But ANEMIC, in the sense that I can't make myself expect much more from this NC driven era.
Chow does need players for his offensive style. Players like he had at USC.

It is too late for Chow to make a difference. Had he started with a bunch of freshmen when he first arrived he may have had a winning season this year.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Grinch wrote: For those who remember, Dick Tomey was a run, run, punt guy. BUT, back then we had a ferocious Defense, and guys named Anthony Edgar, David Toloumu, and Gary Allen who could break a few long runs.
Don't forget Greg Tipton. The game was different back then. Tipton could make a pass when needed. I forget now, was Nuu Faaola with Tomey or Wagner?

It's "ok" to run and run. But I don't think IW is (ready) to be a starting QB. Garrett Gabriel's throws look like a dead duck. But his presence on the field, you know he was the QB.

I know this year's issues are more than jus the QB. But that's just one thing since we are talking about it.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

HawaiianHogster wrote:
bigislandkurt wrote:Words to describe this Norm Chow era.

Words to also describe NC apologist. Those who have uttered any of the following:

"He needs his players."
"His offense needs better players."
"Next year will be better."

Yes, apparently we can't buy him out. Like others, I've heard it a thousand times. No, I do not have $750k to buy him out. So yes, according to the template made available by NC/UH apologist, I can't talk.

*sigh*

This error, I mean era can't end soon enough. Fire him after this game already. Let the transition begin.

Nothing personal to NC either. Nothing against "Hawaii's native son." Nothing against the wise old offensive genius who have etched his name in the ranks of college football lore. Nothing personal against you Norm. But under your watch, the UH football brand has been destroyed. I will remain Sentimental in the sense that I will always cheer for my UH warriors. No matter what. But ANEMIC, in the sense that I can't make myself expect much more from this NC driven era.
Chow does need players for his offensive style. Players like he had at USC.

It is too late for Chow to make a difference. Had he started with a bunch of freshmen when he first arrived he may have had a winning season this year.
You mean like how he was at BYU? Anyone can look like a great coach if they had superior talent playing inferior opponents.
I am the one who knocks.