Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Re: At 2-7, I hope Beau Reilly gets to redshirt

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:No sense bringing in Reilly at this point of the season. Might as well save him for the next coach.
Why not give the senior class and for that matter the other players a chance to taste victory by changing the QB? The role of any player is to be prepared to play...if these back-ups don't know the playbook this far into the season they shouldn't play football.

In my playing days at William Paterson U, our DC was changed three out of 4 years. They ran completely different schemes, which as a DB I had to learn in order to be on the field. I don't buy into these guys not knowing the playbook. Also, there are only some many plays you can run on D or O, so these players should have a basic knowledge of most plays in general.

Also, there is a difference between practice speed and game speed, but you won't know that until you enter the game. Hence, let these guys get into the game. Can it be any worse?
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:No sense bringing in Reilly at this point of the season. Might as well save him for the next coach.
Why not give the senior class and for that matter the other players a chance to taste victory by changing the QB? The role of any player is to be prepared to play...if these back-ups don't know the playbook this far into the season they shouldn't play football.

In my playing days at William Paterson U, our DC was changed three out of 4 years. They ran completely different schemes, which as a DB I had to learn in order to be on the field. I don't buy into these guys not knowing the playbook. Also, there are only some many plays you can run on D or O, so these players should have a basic knowledge of most plays in general.

Also, there is a difference between practice speed and game speed, but you won't know that until you enter the game. Hence, let these guys get into the game. Can it be any worse?
Think of those that will be seniors in four years. Reilly might be a more pivotal part of the team than now. And Reilly might play in 13 games, not just three.
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote:

Think of those that will be seniors in four years. Reilly might be a more pivotal part of the team than now. And Reilly might play in 13 games, not just three.
According to the genius BJ, maybe FB will not be here in 4 yrs...might as well run em hard and get another QB in the game!
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook: