Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: At 2-7, I hope Beau Reilly gets to redshirt

Post by Irse »

Makana wrote:
Irse wrote:
Makana wrote:Put in ANYBODY just take Mr. 1st Half out of there. Woosley is fools gold, get's everybody's hopes up in the first half then hits a brick wall in the second. I would LOVE to see Prater get his chance, seriously what else could go wrong.....**sarcastic voice** oh no we might lose a game.

Also it took 9 games to finally bench NeQuan Phillips, I would've done it 4 games ago.
Is it the Qb or is it the coaches lack of adjustments to the adjustments the D makes?
I'd say it's a combination of HC, OC and QB. HC oversees the game time situations, formations and personnel. QB should have input to what he sees in his pre-snap reads (of course). OC's SHOULD know what is and isn't working from a play-calling stand point, should we abandon the run, does the Safety keep cheating, when they show us Cover 3 or Cover 2 can we run when they give up those looks.

If you look what Nevada did to us from the first to the second half they were two totally different offenses and the adjustments worked out for them.
The reason I asked was that we seem to have good first drives ten struggle after that when the D makes their adjustments.

Also, after the Ewaliko TD, he wasn't put back in the offense much. He should be one of the starting WRs.
ImageImage

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

SundayJam wrote:It's not the quarterback, but the team that is failing. How is it that USU can start a freshmen quarterback that can throw 14/15 completions, 3 touchdowns, and no interceptions? Who gave up 35 points to USU? Other than the fumble recovery for a touchdown, all the USU drives were for 60+ yards. At this point in the season anyone can run or pass against us at will. We suck. There isn't any quarterback that could save us.
You don't need to be a freshman to get those numbers against us. You can be a senior and get those numbers against us. :-?
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Neighbor wrote:I guess. I rather have Beau Reilly come in and just kill it so that we never have to see Woolsey again and Reilly becomes our guy for the next 3 and a half years. But I know Wittek is probably gonna be penciled in for next year and he better not pull a Graham. Sure he was decent at USC, but that was USC.
I'd like to see us get a new coach in 2015 and Woolsey excel.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Irse wrote:If he was going burn Reilly's redshirt year, he should have done it by now.
This would have been the perfect time. The game was over already, down 35-14. Why not let Reilly in and get his feet wet?
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Makana wrote:Put in ANYBODY just take Mr. 1st Half out of there. Woosley is fools gold, get's everybody's hopes up in the first half then hits a brick wall in the second. I would LOVE to see Prater get his chance, seriously what else could go wrong.....**sarcastic voice** oh no we might lose a game.

Also it took 9 games to finally bench NeQuan Phillips, I would've done it 4 games ago.
There's this thing called halftime adjustments Chow and crew are hearing about. The other coaches make halftime adjustments and UH has no chance after that.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Irse wrote:

Is it the Qb or is it the coaches lack of adjustments to the adjustments the D makes?
There we go. 8)
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

RedZone wrote:
ulua wrote:I would think maybe Ewaliko or Iosefa would replace him and run wild cat, unless it's long yardage or an important play then maybe Prater.
I wonder if Higgins could come in and just hand off the ball for 1 play?
Chow needs to watch the Farrington game and see how they used Ranan at qb. They could do the same thing with Ewaliko. They have not been using him enough. He needs to be a starter.
No. Chow needs to be fired.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

RedZone wrote:
Egonator wrote:They should just play him so he can get game experience... the learning curve might cost the team a few wins...at 2-7 with no bowl in sight....why not try something different. Ikaika is improving but he's not leading the team to wins.
After watching replay i have to agree. Woolsey still can't see the field well enough to find the open receiver so i wouldn't put it all on the play calling. Coach said it himself how they were sending more pass rushers than blockers. Our qb needs to adjust and find the open receivers. Once Woolsey gets rattled his passes are all over the place. Got find a more consistant qb. I would try both Beau and Prater. We already have film on Ikaika. These 2 will either be a starter or 1 or 2 snaps from getting into a game next year. It would be good for them to have some game experience.
If a QB continuously misses the open receiver, and the coach leaves him in there and continues to call the same plays, and the QB can't make adjustments and gets rattled, it IS on the coaching.
I am the one who knocks.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I guess Norm will redshirt Beau because he didn't bring him in despite this stat line, per Stepehn Tsai's tweet
At the half: Woolsey 6-22-1 56 yards. Iosefa 1-1-0 19 yards.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

BigWave96744 wrote:I guess Norm will redshirt Beau because he didn't bring him in despite this stat line, per Stepehn Tsai's tweet
At the half: Woolsey 6-22-1 56 yards. Iosefa 1-1-0 19 yards.
Well if that's the case then bring in Eric Prater, holy freakin smokes no way can he be any worse than Woosley.

All this "Ikaika Woosley gives the team the best chance to win" crap has got to stop. Woosley does NOT give the team the best chance to win.

And screw it already, it's not like this team is going to a Bowl game this year, change it up this is getting to the point it's looking like no one is caring about the game anymore both fans and players. This team needs a spark, at the very least some morale going into next year.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

So if Ikaika goes down in the 4th quarter of the last game and we are behind by a touchdown I wonder what Norm is going to do?
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

RedZone wrote:So if Ikaika goes down in the 4th quarter of the last game and we are behind by a touchdown I wonder what Norm is going to do?
2-10 or 3-9, the call for Chow is the same. I would even say 4-8 would be the same call.

The only way Chow stays if they win all games the rest of the season. Then Chow can hang his hat that....it's turning around. The plan is coming together.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

But then if Chow gets canned Beau could use his redshirt if he chooses to transfer. He could still do it if he decides to go anyway after this season.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Is Beau Reilly good at all? Or it is a case of anybody but Woosley? Chow stays or Chow goes, odds are Woosley will be the QB for the next two years (his Jr and Sr.).

Reilly as a red shirt could perhaps get the keys in his Jr. year. He looks too thin IRL, that's because of his height. Not sure he can take a sack from a 300lb DL.

Need to fatten that boy with some Lau Lau over the summa.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

No sense bringing in Reilly at this point of the season. Might as well save him for the next coach.
I am the one who knocks.