*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

A post from Tsai's Blog: by poster "Polypicador

Post by bigislandkurt »

What say you?

pollypicador October 28, 2014 at 6:40 am

How can one support a coach that is weird/indifferent/wishy washy/lacking in have a good image/lacking in having respect? With newspapers articles (SA) today putting Chow’s future under the microscope, I thought I would offer my turn offs of Chow as a head coach. I don’t need to get into his coaching.

Buy-out money: Use the monies gained by the conference for the BCS teams going to a 4 team playoff this season (it’s a lot-USA article said around 75 million for the non BCS teams). Or use the body bag money from playing the teams on the road (Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State) that the team is going play in the next two seasons. It will be money well spent to get rid of Chow, build a new foundation, right this ship and reestablish better morale and outlook for supporters/fans of the program.

1. First season here coach names all the virtues as to why it’s important in not having names on the player’s uniforms. Second year names reappear on the uniforms.

2. First season here coach wants to cultivate unity among his team by having his players locked arm in arm as the team appears on the field before the game…walking. Second year that idea is scratched.

3. Fall out with the former mascot and family. Doesn’t have the courtesy to return calls. pro day has some controversies.

4. Summer football camp during year one incurred NCAA violations.

5. Athletic report pointed wrongdoing of unauthorized expenditures by someone on Chow’s staff during Chow’s second year.

6. In year one coach hires a video person as his >GA.

7. With the ouster of his OC in year 2 coach uses no initiative in trying to fill the position.

8. Runs off key starters from his team in year one and two that went on to bigger programs and started.

9. Gives his 4 players that were convicted of DUI’s due process but doesn’t use the same judgement with his RB that was convicted of a lesser offense of a student infraction that resulted in that player being booted from the team by Chow.

10.During conference calls with the media in year one Chow publically bemoans how overwhelming the job is. Exposes himself.

11. During media day in year two and three and in other interviews Chow openly exposes himself to his hot seat status. His attitude: “I’ll work there as long as they will have me.” That was one question he should have deflected.

12. Selects so many team captains in year two that the whole process is diluted.

13. After the third day of fall camp in year one his returning starting QB is demoted to WR and then stripped of his voted captain status by his team mates.

14. In year one Chow anointed his transfer QB with star status, rave reviews and a starting job only to see it all backfire. In this situation Chow’s creditability took a hit as people began to ask what does he see that’s good in this QB?

15. Alienated key longtime supporters of the program. One was banished from the sidelines. The other handed in his resignation as a fundraiser/supporter of the program?

16. Customarily/weekly Monday morning press conferences following games was stopped by the coach. The one fault Chow has is that he’s not comfortable appearing out in the public. More of an introvert (not conducive with maintaining an image with the public). >Or were the Monday press conferences canceled by Chow to allow him to race back in forth to visit his wife in LA (prior to her being ill)?

17. Eyewitness reports of assistant coache(s)swearing and verbal abusing players during practices is tolerated by Chow. I can vouch for this. Chow’s also is a screamer and verbal abuser.

18. On road trips Chow takes his players on the most extended routes possible. Coach uses a hub along the way and usually arrives at the opponents’ venue less than 24 hours before game time. He absolutely kills his players by travelling this way. It was not until the last two road trips this season that the coach elected to fly directly and then arriving 1-2 days prior to the game…this way is normal.

19. Of his initial hires as assistant coaches two coaches (LB, TE) coached positions that they had little experience with. On the surface it looks like nepotism, religious affiliation, Utah and BYU connections were taken into consideration by Chow over other applicants.

20. Chow runs practices in segment of 5 minute stations/20 some total in practices/ where to the observer it looks like the players are not getting detailed/in depth instruction but are gaining good marching skills as the players run/march from station to station.

21. Run-ins with the media. Coach has a fuss on day one of fall camp this year. Holds animosity towards certain members of the media.

22. Chow’s personality is inspirited, drab, unemotional. One can see this on the sidelines during the game. It reflects on the players as the players take on the personification of their head coach. This you can really see. With Chow you see no outward motivation, inspiration and leadership.

23. Doesn’t bond with the fans, solicit advice or welcomes critiques. There’s no open transparency with Chow on how he run things or answers to questions that are pointed. His attitude: “It’s my way.”
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: A post from Tsai's Blog: by poster "Polypicador

Post by 808Hawaii »

His biggest liability is he's stubborn. He said so himself, he knows only one way to coach. With Chow, what you see is what you get. He will be the way he is until the day he is fired. The sooner the better. Only then will the program be able to start the process of rebuilding.
I am the one who knocks.

Hawkpeter
Starter
Starter

Post by Hawkpeter »

Standing and clapping Mr or Ms Pollypicador; a compendium and anthology of this total mess.

Hard to believe but there's actually more, but at this stage it would only be piling on. We're all going to continue to be witnesses to the deep spin this flight is in.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Tsai actually let someone post the truth on his blog?
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:His biggest liability is he's stubborn. He said so himself, he knows only one way to coach. With Chow, what you see is what you get. He will be the way he is until the day he is fired. The sooner the better. Only then will the program be able to start the process of rebuilding.
I am afraid uncle Chow is trying to force a square peg into a triangle hole. He constantly talks about offensive changes - personnel and game plan, but never implements them. Seems like many ppl who were formally successful believe their past experience is relevant today and they can "will" the successes again. That isn't true in many cases and this is one of them.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook: