start pulling no-shows...

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: start pulling no-shows...

Post by Grinch »

808Hawaii - I hear you and share ur frustration. I think that whether fans show up or not, Chow is gone after this season. BJ soon after. So I'll keep flying in from outer-island, even w the damn airlines ripping people off. Bring back the superferry. Lol
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

If there is not another coach in place by the end of the season if UH loses the rest of their games, that tells me they don't care to have a winning program and they don't care about what the fans want, and they don't care if there is a football program at all. I can see season ticket sales below 10,000 if UH doesn't win the last two home games. Beat USU and UNLV at home or else.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

808Hawaii wrote:Call me Mr. Doom and Gloom but, I don't see a way we get out of these dark times. With having to buyout Gib, we don't have money to buyout Chow. We don't have any money. Well, at least that's what the UHAD claimed before they bought out Gib. So expect Chowball to be around for yet another year. And with only two years remaining on his contract, Chow will not be recruiting on an even field so don't expect to see great recruiting classes. Revenue from football will drop again. I have a friend that was a STH since 1976. He told me he will call BJ and tell him if Chow returns, he's out. Last year there was something like 12,300 season ticket renewals. I'm guessing less than 10,000 this go around.

Outside of those who attend games, subscribe for PPV, or visit message boards, most don't care about UH sports. They've lost interest because Chowball is so boring and no program has been winning recently. Football is supposed to be the bread winner for the UHAD. But most people in Hawaii don't follow Chowball anymore. They don't attend games, they aren't able to watch football on TV unless we're on national TV (and how many in a row have we lost on national tv?), and probably don't even read about it in the paper. All they see is we were 3-9, 1-11 and 2-6. Maybe they see we are underdogs at home against USU. The UHAD is losing support from the State. Taxpayers will become more vocal about seeing their tax dollars thrown into this bottomless money pit.

The fanbase has largely given up on UH sports. Chowball is boring and will probably be around another year. How is the UHAD supposed to survive? I'm guessing it will not.

Here is the big reason the state doesn't have any money. "The Rail" They need more money for that. So guess what? They can't keep supporting athletics at UH. That is why Ben Jay said there won't be a program any longer. He spoke too soon. Two Punahou coaches get it done. Gib for Basketball and Chow for football. Good job Punahou. We now know all your money goes to high school.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

BigWave96744 wrote:Nah.. I support the boys... I lasted through the 1998 season, which was worst..
Agreed. no matter how bad it gets and how dissatisfied I am with the on-field product, I still buy season tickets and go to every home game and usually one road game every year. there are enough people who don't buy tickets already. They don't need me to do the same.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

Hurt them in the pocket?

:lol:

The AD is struggling to even exist. Sensing the pulse of the general public, most of which can't tell you who the coach is anyway, it could be worse than we thought.

In the spirit of Halloween, I'm wary that something wicked this way comes.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

HawaiianHogster wrote:de

Here is the big reason the state doesn't have any money. "The Rail" They need more money for that. So guess what? They can't keep supporting athletics at UH. That is why Ben Jay said there won't be a program any longer.

Dude, where have you been all these years? How long has the rail project been in the news and you still don't know it's a C&C project? For real? The State of Hawaii is not paying anything for the rail project.
I am the one who knocks.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Based on tonight, the students have thrown in the towel

ttmf
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ttmf »

Broken water mains, failing Sewage system and raw sewage spills causing flesh eating staph infections and dying reefs.....EH BUT WE GOT RAIL,!!! IMUA.....don't forget the abundance of people living for FREE off of hard working tax payers. FML! WHOO HOO...BETAH THAN SEX!!!
IT'S JUST A GAME!

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

BigWave96744 wrote:Based on tonight, the students have thrown in the towel
I believe that too. Chow finally lost his team. They'll be mailing it in from here.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

ttmf wrote:Broken water mains, failing Sewage system and raw sewage spills causing flesh eating staph infections and dying reefs.....EH BUT WE GOT RAIL,!!! IMUA.....don't forget the abundance of people living for FREE off of hard working tax payers. FML! WHOO HOO...BETAH THAN SEX!!!
So what's you rsolution for eveer worsening traffic on the west side? Let me guess. You live in town, east side, or windward side.
I am the one who knocks.