start pulling no-shows...

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
thatmakakiloguy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

start pulling no-shows...

Post by thatmakakiloguy »

everyone says the UH is "the only show in town" or "our professional team", then shouldn't they be held in the same as a professional organization?

hurt UH in the pocket & force the "big wigs" to seek a new coach

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: start pulling no-shows...

Post by 808Hawaii »

thatmakakiloguy wrote:everyone says the UH is "the only show in town" or "our professional team", then shouldn't they be held in the same as a professional organization?

hurt UH in the pocket & force the "big wigs" to seek a new coach
I'm in. And a new AD!
I am the one who knocks.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

No thanks, I go to the games snow, rain or shine, 0-12 or 12-0 and always stay till the last second. Not going to the games scares me to think that they will cancel the football program....screw that.....support UH and go to the games!!!!

Whether the stadium is empty or full, Chow's coaching speaks for itself and looks to be guiding him out the door.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

I'm wondering when the paper bags going start showing up.
I am the one who knocks.

Dos Inus
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Dos Inus »

thatmakakiloguy wrote:...hurt UH in the pocket & force the "big wigs" to seek a new coach
The U AD already has nothing in its pockets, so we have already succeeded there.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

How about boycotting for just one game
Makana wrote:No thanks, I go to the games snow, rain or shine, 0-12 or 12-0 and always stay till the last second. Not going to the games scares me to think that they will cancel the football program....screw that.....support UH and go to the games!!!!

Whether the stadium is empty or full, Chow's coaching speaks for itself and looks to be guiding him out the door.
?

How about boycotting for just one game, then?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Nah.. I support the boys... I lasted through the 1998 season, which was worst..

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

No cause we can't afford to not go to games even if it is just 20,000

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Call me Mr. Doom and Gloom but, I don't see a way we get out of these dark times. With having to buyout Gib, we don't have money to buyout Chow. We don't have any money. Well, at least that's what the UHAD claimed before they bought out Gib. So expect Chowball to be around for yet another year. And with only two years remaining on his contract, Chow will not be recruiting on an even field so don't expect to see great recruiting classes. Revenue from football will drop again. I have a friend that was a STH since 1976. He told me he will call BJ and tell him if Chow returns, he's out. Last year there was something like 12,300 season ticket renewals. I'm guessing less than 10,000 this go around.

Outside of those who attend games, subscribe for PPV, or visit message boards, most don't care about UH sports. They've lost interest because Chowball is so boring and no program has been winning recently. Football is supposed to be the bread winner for the UHAD. But most people in Hawaii don't follow Chowball anymore. They don't attend games, they aren't able to watch football on TV unless we're on national TV (and how many in a row have we lost on national tv?), and probably don't even read about it in the paper. All they see is we were 3-9, 1-11 and 2-6. Maybe they see we are underdogs at home against USU. The UHAD is losing support from the State. Taxpayers will become more vocal about seeing their tax dollars thrown into this bottomless money pit.

The fanbase has largely given up on UH sports. Chowball is boring and will probably be around another year. How is the UHAD supposed to survive? I'm guessing it will not.
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Should he lose next week Tuesday, K. Mark Takai for Co-Athletic Director and also Donna Mercado Kim for Co-Athletic Director! Takai can then see if he can get 10 million dollars right away for the program and Kim can ask her tough questions, But then again, nothing will ever get done. But what's new? :roll:
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

My3Cats wrote:Should he lose next week Tuesday, K. Mark Takai for Co-Athletic Director and also Donna Mercado Kim for Co-Athletic Director! Takai can then see if he can get 10 million dollars right away for the program and Kim can ask her tough questions, But then again, nothing will ever get done. But what's new? :roll:
Would need something like this to make real change at the UHAD.
I am the one who knocks.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Coach may suck, like the rest of the top brass at UH. BUT, gotta support the players. They worked hard and try their best. Not they're fault the UH offense sucks... stadium management sucks ... etc.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Grinch wrote:Coach may suck, like the rest of the top brass at UH. BUT, gotta support the players. They worked hard and try their best. Not they're fault the UH offense sucks... stadium management sucks ... etc.
How do you protest against the coach, AD, stadium authority, etc. without protesting against the players? I'm concerned about the existence of the UHAD. Chow and BJ have to go. Only after they are replace can the UHAD begin the process of rebuilding. Until that both are replaced, we only going backwards.

Gib was held responsible for his program. How come Gib was fired, yet BJ remains? Why isn't BJ held to the same standard? Someone explain that to me.
I am the one who knocks.

pumpfake
Starter
Starter

Post by pumpfake »

I attended every home game the year the team went 0-12. I have and will attend every game this year even if they never win another game. In time, Norm will be gone, but I will still be here attending every home game. UH for Life!

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

pumpfake wrote:I attended every home game the year the team went 0-12. I have and will attend every game this year even if they never win another game. In time, Norm will be gone, but I will still be here attending every home game. UH for Life!
I don't know what to tell you except, GOD BLESS YOU!
I am the one who knocks.