Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Jordan Wynn

Post by Egonator »

Im just curious to hear People's thoughts on Jordan Wynn.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Jordan Wynn

Post by 808Hawaii »

Two years as a graduate assistant under Chow. In his second year, as effectively the OC. Not nearly enough experience for calling plays. His potential is probably handcuffed by Chow. My feeling is JW is around because he is a young Yes Man. Will not be retained by a new HC.
I am the one who knocks.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

808Hawaii wrote:Two years as a graduate assistant under Chow. In his second year, as effectively the OC. Not nearly enough experience for calling plays. His potential is probably handcuffed by Chow. My feeling is JW is around because he is a young Yes Man. Will not be retained by a new HC.
I'm not sure he is "handcuffed". I doubt he really has a game plan as QB Coach or OC. Or come up to Chow with a plan - "This is what I think we should do."

Yes, he is just Chow's Boy.

Get paid. Football. Come to Hawaii. - I want that job, wouldn't you?

P.S. I'm Local. Bring me home.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

cabanalane wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:Two years as a graduate assistant under Chow. In his second year, as effectively the OC. Not nearly enough experience for calling plays. His potential is probably handcuffed by Chow. My feeling is JW is around because he is a young Yes Man. Will not be retained by a new HC.
I'm not sure he is "handcuffed". I doubt he really has a game plan as QB Coach or OC. Or come up to Chow with a plan - "This is what I think we should do."

What I meant by handcuffed, he's limited to how much he can do.
I am the one who knocks.

thatmakakiloguy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by thatmakakiloguy »

he doesn't speak to the media...seems like is isn't held responsible or anything...in other words "Who is Jordan Wynn?"

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

thatmakakiloguy wrote:he doesn't speak to the media...seems like is isn't held responsible or anything...in other words "Who is Jordan Wynn?"
You noticed that, too, eh?

I wonder if his mic is even connected to Chow?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

cabanalane wrote:

Guys this is pure speculation about JW as we don't know how much influence he has with schemes...but I will entertain it.

At any rate, JW and NC's play-calling is horrendous and they do not deserve their positions @ UH. I'd assume NC is the culprit as it looks like the system he's used throughout his career. It sucks for JW as this system is a dinosaur and his career is likely taking a step backwards.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Guys this is pure speculation about JW as we don't know how much influence he has with schemes...but I will entertain it.

At any rate, JW and NC's play-calling is horrendous and they do not deserve their positions @ UH. I'd assume NC is the culprit as it looks like the system he's used throughout his career. It sucks for JW as this system is a dinosaur and his career is likely taking a step backwards.

Yeah. Who's going to want to hire him after he leaves UH?
I am the one who knocks.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I am more worried about player development.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Some media type mentioned that the football coaches feel assured they will have a job next year. My guess that is why no redshirt is coming off. They don't have to win yet to keep their jobs. I believe Ferd Lewis wrote an article about it. I must find it.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

HawaiianHogster wrote:Some media type mentioned that the football coaches feel assured they will have a job next year. My guess that is why no redshirt is coming off. They don't have to win yet to keep their jobs. I believe Ferd Lewis wrote an article about it. I must find it.
When our DC was hired I remember him getting a 2 year contract.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

the play call on the 2-point conversion was nice. i will give them that.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

HawaiianHogster wrote:Some media type mentioned that the football coaches feel assured they will have a job next year. My guess that is why no redshirt is coming off. They don't have to win yet to keep their jobs. I believe Ferd Lewis wrote an article about it. I must find it.
Red shirt or not for the QB...I truly think that a young Joe Montana would be hard pressed to win @ UH @ the moment...WRs dropping balls, coaches calling run plays up the middle without having the OL to create the needed holes, an OL that can't protect him for more that 2-3 seconds, an offense that has many 2-3 yard routes for WRs, TEs and RBs without option route dependent on coverage and a stubborn Grinch who never tweaks his plan throughout the game or for the upcoming game.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

If the current coaching regime returns in 2015, expect less than 10,000 renawals of season tickets. Even if Chow starts winning four or five games, fans will not attend.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

RedZone wrote:
When our DC was hired I remember him getting a 2 year contract.
I think Clune is the only one with a two year contract.
I am the one who knocks.