Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Brett Farve @ UH

Post by Palolo_2LA »

I realized IW issue...he throws fastballs all the time...reminds me of a young Brett Farve (Atlanta Falcons). Farve threw fastballs so often WRs were afraid of catching his passes...broken/sprain finders, tender shoulders, hands were common place, so the Falcons traded him.

Looks like Ikaika has a similar issue....why is a 3rd yr QB unable to throw a touch, floater or proper deep fade pass? This is not baseball and a bullet pass is not needed all the time. Who's the QB coach because he needs to work some basics?

In his defense, these WRs do not help when they drop many passes that should be catchable for D1 FB players. There should be alternative options at wide out...#14 either makes a spectacular catch or drops a "give me" throw......#80 can't be worse or can he? @ TE, Unga made a great catch and then wasn't targeted again. WTH
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Brett Farve @ UH

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:I realized IW issue...he throws fastballs all the time...reminds me of a young Brett Farve (Atlanta Falcons). Farve threw fastballs so often WRs were afraid of catching his passes...broken/sprain finders, tender shoulders, hands were common place, so the Falcons traded him.

Looks like Ikaika has a similar issue....why is a 3rd yr QB unable to throw a touch, floater or proper deep fade pass? This is not baseball and a bullet pass is not needed all the time. Who's the QB coach because he needs to work some basics?

In his defense, these WRs do not help when they drop many passes that should be catchable for D1 FB players. There should be alternative options at wide out...#14 either makes a spectacular catch or drops a "give me" throw......#80 can't be worse or can he? @ TE, Unga made a great catch and then wasn't targeted again. WTH
We don't have a real QB coach. We only have a gradutae assistant pretending to be a QB coach. Same with the WR coach that should be working with the WRs and developing them.
I am the one who knocks.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

808Hawaii wrote:We don't have a real QB coach. We only have a gradutae assistant pretending to be a QB coach. Same with the WR coach that should be working with the WRs and developing them.
And pretending to be OC too.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

cabanalane wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:We don't have a real QB coach. We only have a gradutae assistant pretending to be a QB coach. Same with the WR coach that should be working with the WRs and developing them.
And pretending to be OC too.
And I believe Chow hired these young guys because young guys are more controllable. We all know how stubborn he is. I believe he's also a control freak. My opinion.
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

GA's functioning as lead position coaches is idiotic. They are there to learn and be mentored by experienced coaches. If they run the show, are they just making it up as they go along?

I have no issue with GA's. Some of the best DB coaches I had @ William Paterson U were GA's. They ran drills with us, knew the current best techniques (one a NFL experience) and worked very hard for tuition and a stipend. However, I wouldn't recommend them to be a lead DB coach.

Looking like we are getting what we paid for...can't have section 8 and live in Kahala.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:GA's functioning as lead position coaches is idiotic. They are there to learn and be mentored by experienced coaches. If they run the show, are they just making it up as they go along?

I have no issue with GA's. Some of the best DB coaches I had @ William Paterson U were GA's. They ran drills with us, knew the current best techniques (one a NFL experience) and worked very hard for tuition and a stipend. However, I wouldn't recommend them to be a lead DB coach.

Looking like we are getting what we paid for...can't have section 8 and live in Kahala.
We need new coaches, from top down. Chow lost too many fans already. I know some seasonticket holders that can't take another year of Chowball.
I am the one who knocks.

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

I agree. If one wide Receiver was dropping the ball it wouldn't be a big deal but every wide receiver has at least one drop pass. The ball bounces off their pads...even Jerry Rice wouldn't be able to catch Woolsey's fastballs.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Egonator wrote:I agree. If one wide Receiver was dropping the ball it wouldn't be a big deal but every wide receiver has at least one drop pass. The ball bounces off their pads...even Jerry Rice wouldn't be able to catch Woolsey's fastballs.
I disagree. I think Ikaika throws hard but it is catchable. If it wasn't they would not be able to catch any of his balls. Ewaliko was one of the few receivers we have that was able to chase down Ikaikas long ball. Vele seems to have no problem catching ikaikas balls. Pedroza used to drop passes but have really stepped up and made some tough catches. Receivers have to adjust to whoever is throwing the ball and you want your qb to have zip on the ball when throwing into tight coverage. Our receivers have trouble getting seperation. If we throw floaters they will pick em.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

RedZone wrote:
Egonator wrote:I agree. If one wide Receiver was dropping the ball it wouldn't be a big deal but every wide receiver has at least one drop pass. The ball bounces off their pads...even Jerry Rice wouldn't be able to catch Woolsey's fastballs.
I disagree. I think Ikaika throws hard but it is catchable. If it wasn't they would not be able to catch any of his balls. Ewaliko was one of the few receivers we have that was able to chase down Ikaikas long ball. Vele seems to have no problem catching ikaikas balls. Pedroza used to drop passes but have really stepped up and made some tough catches. Receivers have to adjust to whoever is throwing the ball and you want your qb to have zip on the ball when throwing into tight coverage. Our receivers have trouble getting seperation. If we throw floaters they will pick em.
I believe in high school Ikaika averaged just over 60 %. Shouldn't our receivers be better?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

RedZone wrote:
Agree. Elway threw hard. Good receivers can catch his passes.
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:
RedZone wrote:
Agree. Elway threw hard. Good receivers can catch his passes.
Certain routes require a specific type of pass...point is he throws bullets on screens when a floater or touch pass is needed to avoid the ball getting slapped down by a DL.