Total votes: 16

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: Ewaliko as a wildcat QB

Post by UnBiasFan »

EITSwarrior wrote:
UnBiasFan wrote:
Makana wrote:I know I'm late to the discussion but, NO to the Wildcat period, that formation and plays suck. How about stick with what's working (da heck am I talking about ain't nothing working lol), but stick with run the rock and play good D. That D last weekend was horrible, then again hard to beat the opposing team and the refs they brought with them.
Everyone remembers when Schroeder broke out against Fresno State. There is nothing to say that Woolsey doesn't have it in him. (The w-l record may have been bad. But Schroeder was a decent fantasy play in a lot of games).
Watching how Schroeder and Woosley play, I don't see Woosley having the same "feel" of the position that Schroeder had to have a "breakout" performance anytime soon.
I hear what you are saying. But we are only talking getting a small bump in his play to turn the corner here. The defense and special teams can bring us the win at home if Woolsey just takes it up a notch.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Eeeh, "small hump"??? That's kinda underestimating things. Woosley's footwork, accuracy and getting the right touch on his throws need improving. Plus the previously mentioned "feel" needs improving as well.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

UnBiasFan wrote:
xer 21 wrote:
UnBiasFan wrote:
I already told you I wasn't that person a long time ago. Go back and compare the writing if you have nothing better to do.
you know im never going to believe that when your name is "unbiasfan" and his go to catchphrase was "I'm unbias".
I was around back in the day. My old screenname hadn't been used in a long time and I do not know the password anymore. So I re-emerged as UnBiasFan. If we score 6 touchdowns this week, I will reveal my original handle.
I can barely contain my anticipation. :roll:
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Makana wrote:I know I'm late to the discussion but, NO to the Wildcat period, that formation and plays suck. How about stick with what's working (da heck am I talking about ain't nothing working lol), but stick with run the rock and play good D. That D last weekend was horrible, then again hard to beat the opposing team and the refs they brought with them.
The only play that's working is the Hail Mary. Hail Mary every play! :banana:

Ewaliko in the wildcat should be tried a few times a game. I don't think anyone is advocating wildcat as our base offense.
I am the one who knocks.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

808Hawaii wrote:

Ewaliko in the wildcat should be tried a few times a game. I don't think anyone is advocating wildcat as our base offense.
I'm just not a fan of gimmick plays like that, it just seems like wasted snaps.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Makana wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:

I'm just not a fan of gimmick plays like that, it just seems like wasted snaps.
It's more exciting that seeing Lakalaka run up the middle seven times in a row.
I am the one who knocks.