Hawaii +2 1/2 vs. Nevada eff 10/24

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Re: Hawaii +2 1/2 vs. Nevada eff 10/24

Post by BigWave96744 »

If Nevada plays like this, we get chance.
Were they looking past Southern Utah and gearing up for WAZZU?

Code: Select all

1 2 3 4 Total 
Southern Utah 0 0 6 13 19 
Nevada        0 7 14 7 28

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

BigWave96744 wrote:If Nevada plays like this, we get chance.

1 2 3 4 Total 
We would have chance against Southern Utah.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:If I was a betting man, I'd bet on Nevada. Last time they were here, they scored 69 points!
They scored those points on a defense coached by a person with limited credentials (not sure if coaching a quasi pro team in Japan really counts) and that's why he's gone. I highly doubt they score over 28.
What about our present offensive coaches? A recently promoted grad student coaching the QBs and calling the plays? A recently promoted grad student coaching the WRs? No wonder our QBs and WRs are not developing. We don't have real coaches for them.
I am the one who knocks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

808Hawaii wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:If I was a betting man, I'd bet on Nevada. Last time they were here, they scored 69 points!
They scored those points on a defense coached by a person with limited credentials (not sure if coaching a quasi pro team in Japan really counts) and that's why he's gone. I highly doubt they score over 28.
What about our present offensive coaches? A recently promoted grad student coaching the QBs and calling the plays? A recently promoted grad student coaching the WRs? No wonder our QBs and WRs are not developing. We don't have real coaches for them.
I agree...but I think Uncle Chow keeps the leash tight on Jordan and calls or at least steers the play-calling.

For a position coach (ie) WRs, I think it is different. I played D3 FB in New Jersey (in the NJAC conference - the best D3 FB conference) and IMO the coaches with the most recent experience were the best because they were exposed to the techniques/strategies that work in the game today. I doubt the issue is with the WRs coach as much as it is about questionable play-calling.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote: I agree...but I think Uncle Chow keeps the leash tight on Jordan and calls or at least steers the play-calling.

For a position coach (ie) WRs, I think it is different. I played D3 FB in New Jersey (in the NJAC conference - the best D3 FB conference) and IMO the coaches with the most recent experience were the best because they were exposed to the techniques/strategies that work in the game today. I doubt the issue is with the WRs coach as much as it is about questionable play-calling.
I'm wondering who's the one that called for seven straight Lakalaka runs to start the game last week with Lakalaka coming off a concussion the week before. :evil:
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

808Hawaii wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote: I agree...but I think Uncle Chow keeps the leash tight on Jordan and calls or at least steers the play-calling.

I'm wondering who's the one that called for seven straight Lakalaka runs to start the game last week with Lakalaka coming off a concussion the week before. :evil:
Maybe it was Chow and Wynn alternating the play calls and taking turns with one run up the middle each until someone finally gave up?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Boise State just blasted BYU into a different decade. I now see why Vegas is calling BS on the Nevada hype.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

J-Rod wrote:Boise State just blasted BYU into a different decade. I now see why Vegas is calling BS on the Nevada hype.
But Nevada played Boise close. In fact all of nevada's losses came against good teams (Arizona, Boise St, Colorado St) and were within 7 points or less.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

reignjah11 wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Boise State just blasted BYU into a different decade. I now see why Vegas is calling BS on the Nevada hype.
But Nevada played Boise close. In fact all of nevada's losses came against good teams (Arizona, Boise St, Colorado St) and were within 7 points or less.

Hawaii is 5-0 ATS in the last five home games

I have not seen one single blog post apologizing for running Greg McMackin out of town. I make a few posts that are close to how real money sees this game and for some I am an antagonizer or a troll.
Last edited by UnBiasFan on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

808Hawaii wrote:Nevada coming off a big win over BYU, and may be looking ahead to their game against SDSU next week. Could be a trap game for Nevada.
So if we win, it is because the other guys looked past us?

That is total garbage. There is no way Nevada is looking past this game. This game is huge for both teams. And you can be certain that the actual players (not the keyboard warriors) see this as a major battle that could easily go either way.

And, no I am not trolling for attention. I am giving an opinion. Opinions do not have to be in alignment with the cyber mob and I am not "one of those" as you like to refer to me.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

808Hawaii wrote:

1 2 3 4 Total 
Southern Utah scored more point than us against Nevada :oops:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
808Hawaii wrote: What about our present offensive coaches? A recently promoted grad student coaching the QBs and calling the plays? A recently promoted grad student coaching the WRs? No wonder our QBs and WRs are not developing. We don't have real coaches for them.
I agree...but I think Uncle Chow keeps the leash tight on Jordan and calls or at least steers the play-calling.

I think Chow wants young coaches so he can control them.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

UnBiasFan wrote:
reignjah11 wrote:

Hawaii is 5-0 ATS in the last five home games

I have not seen one single blog post apologizing for running Greg McMackin out of town. I make a few posts that are close to how real money sees this game and for some I am an antagonizer or a troll.
To others, you're unbiased. :lol:
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

UnBiasFan wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:Nevada coming off a big win over BYU, and may be looking ahead to their game against SDSU next week. Could be a trap game for Nevada.
So if we win, it is because the other guys looked past us?

That is total garbage. There is no way Nevada is looking past this game. This game is huge for both teams. And you can be certain that the actual players (not the keyboard warriors) see this as a major battle that could easily go either way.

And, no I am not trolling for attention. I am giving an opinion. Opinions do not have to be in alignment with the cyber mob and I am not "one of those" as you like to refer to me.
NO, I was explaining why the spread was so low.

You claim to be unbiased, but you're anything but.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

BigWave96744 wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:

1 2 3 4 Total 
Southern Utah scored more point than us against Nevada :oops:

We could beat Southern Utah. We can take them! \:D/
I am the one who knocks.