Re: QB trend, Coach Chow take notice

Post by BigWave96744 »

WOW nothing has changed :o

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

So Optimus is essentially saying that IW is like the sixth man in basketball, i.e., better off the bench. It is true that some guys feel the vibe and flow of a game if they start out on the bench. IW did say that he was able to see what the defense was trying to do when he began a game on the sideline.

My recollection is kinda foggy and I was a kid at the time, but seem to recall the Oakland Raiders starting George Blanda at QB then bringing Daryle "Mad Bomber" Lamonica in. After looking into it, Lamonica was known as the "Fireman" for late game heroics as Jack Kemp's backup for Buffalo. Maybe IW is wired the same way.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Coach Jordan was on the news and said that the reason they won't put Beau in because it is too late in the season with only 3 games to go. He said that the discussion had come up many times before but it was decided that they will not use him. So expect him to redshirt.

Now if Ikaika goes down then what? Are they going to give up on the season and just use Joey in the wildcat? If they don't want to use their young quarterbacks why not just give Ewaliko some reps at quarterback?
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

RedZone wrote: If they don't want to use their young quarterbacks why not just give Ewaliko some reps at quarterback?
because getting shut out looks bad.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

RedZone wrote:Coach Jordan was on the news and said that the reason they won't put Beau in because it is too late in the season with only 3 games to go. He said that the discussion had come up many times before but it was decided that they will not use him. So expect him to redshirt.

Now if Ikaika goes down then what? Are they going to give up on the season and just use Joey in the wildcat? If they don't want to use their young quarterbacks why not just give Ewaliko some reps at quarterback?
I seen the interview on the news too. IMO I think it's the PERFECT time to put Reilly in. Not only will expectations be low, but Reilly could get valuable experience while the record is already bad.

What Wynn is telling me is that they don't care to win the rest of the games so we're not gonna make any changes.

So far Woosley has been good for 1 to 2 TD's at the most. Change it up already and close the season up with possibly some good morale and save what little fan base this team has.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Makana wrote:
RedZone wrote:Coach Jordan was on the news and said that the reason they won't put Beau in because it is too late in the season with only 3 games to go. He said that the discussion had come up many times before but it was decided that they will not use him. So expect him to redshirt.

I seen the interview on the news too. IMO I think it's the PERFECT time to put Reilly in. Not only will expectations be low, but Reilly could get valuable experience while the record is already bad.

What Wynn is telling me is that they don't care to win the rest of the games so we're not gonna make any changes.

So far Woosley has been good for 1 to 2 TD's at the most. Change it up already and close the season up with possibly some good morale and save what little fan base this team has.
JW is a tool...his play-calling and coaching of the QBs has been horrid. Does he know the coaching staff will be @ UH for the 2015 season? Has BJ tipped his hand?
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
Makana wrote:

JW is a tool...his play-calling and coaching of the QBs has been horrid. Does he know the coaching staff will be @ UH for the 2015 season? Has BJ tipped his hand?
Chow on call the coach said Jordan was a young coach who has a lot of potential. Chow said he accepts full responsibility. Jordan makes most of the calls from the booth. Offensive game plan is put together by the offensive coaches. Chow seems to be one who makes a decision and just sticks with it even tho its not working. Sad that we have an OC with potential when we need one with experience. :(
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

[quote="RedZone]Offensive game plan is put together by the offensive coaches. Chow seems to be one who makes a decision and just sticks with it even tho its not working. Sad that we have an OC with potential when we need one with experience. :([/quote]

That's how Chow runs the show. Forget the record, that system does work. Just not for UH and this team.

They go in with a plan. Chow runs the "same" 20 plays. See what works, and my adjustments. In theory, this sounds like a good plan.

Why isn't it working? I'm sure according to Chow (and there is some truth), is the execution. If the play is not done right, it won't work. Will it work? I'm sure it does work, just not with the current (or past) group of UH players. Chow got the stats and history "to prove" it does work.

Like how coaches always say, "worry about what we do." "It's about us." UH players are not getting it done. Maybe it is Chow's assistant coaches, not Chow. Like the President or CEO of Apple Inc. Chow is not at the assembly line making iPhones.

Maybe Chow doesn't know how to hire the right guys. Players are still the ones playing the game.