Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Dos Inus
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

"Big Five" = Big $$$

Post by Dos Inus »

Now this is totally unfair.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ources-say

I give credit to teams and universities like ours, to continue to field decent teams despite these insurmountable odds (and DOLLARS).

Not only is the MWC completely shut out of the playoffs, and its winnings, but the future for recruiting is hurt bad by lousy facilities, broke athletic departments, low-tier coaches, fancy Nike-supported uniforms, and lack of TV exposure.

GO BOWS! Show 'em that we can thrive and win despite their big money TV contracts and fancy glow-in-the-dark jerseys!

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: "Big Five" = Big $$$

Post by xer 21 »

welcome too...forever?
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

xer 21 wrote:welcome too...forever?
LOL

Sadly...it'll get worse. Much worse!!!!

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Hi welcome to 15 years ago. Yes it's unfair and I've been hoping UH and the state would step up their efforts to better themselves academically and athletically to just be considered for PAC-10/12/14/16 admission so they could get the "big money" so that could pay back the investment. Heck it could make at least the Manoa campus self-sustainable financially. But no they small-minded. I including now money is tight, but put forth a better effort and stop being so inept.

Dos Inus
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Dos Inus »

EITSwarrior wrote:Hi welcome to 15 years ago. Yes it's unfair and I've been hoping UH and the state would step up their efforts to better themselves academically and athletically to just be considered for PAC-10/12/14/16 admission so they could get the "big money" so that could pay back the investment. Heck it could make at least the Manoa campus self-sustainable financially. But no they small-minded. I including now money is tight, but put forth a better effort and stop being so inept.
Worse than 15 years ago, unfortunately. Back then the gap between the haves and have nots wasn't this big. Heck in the '80s we beat national powerhouse and well funded BYU, twice. Analyst sportswriter John Canzano said today that the new playoffs for the Big Five will amount to $50million per conference, PER YEAR, until well into the 2020's. The cash will be divided annually amoung the participating schools in the conferences.

And thats just the ESPN contract. The Pac-12 Network, Big Ten Network, SEC Network, etc., will add more $$$ to their pot.

I agree, geographically and cash-wise we could sure benefit from joining the Pacific-10/12/14/whatever. It'll be ugly-- look at how awkward Colorado is in that conference-- But I think its a move we have to make.

But if you were the Pac -12, why expand? Expansion just waters down the pot.

Dos Inus
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Dos Inus »