Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Joey

Post by xer 21 »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
WA Warrior wrote:Suppose to be a three game suspension upon his available return.
he is probably two or three games away from being at 100% so why dont we "SAY" he is ready now and let the suspension overlap with his recovery and make it less of an impact.
no he wasnt.

that he didnt get cleared for this game was a shock to me. last friday, we saw him hooping it up (terribly) at the rec center. his ankle is healing fine. why he wasnt cleared is beyond me.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

2left
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 2left »

Chow was quoted in the StarAdvertiser today that Joey was projected to play against SD State. I wonder if one has anything to do with the other.
WA Warrior wrote:Suppose to be a three game suspension upon his available return.
<edit> I just saw Xer's post above -- I guess he was ready. Seems like pickup bball is the last thing you'd want to do on a bad ankle.
Last edited by 2left on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

He is not a co-captain any more.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Any update on his punishment besides being stripped of being co-captain? Chow said he was going to have a press conference some time this evening.

AlohaDan86
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by AlohaDan86 »

He's suspended for three games, according to Hawaii News Now app.

BowTow
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BowTow »

wrestling808 wrote:If Joey were a cop he would never have been arrested for DUI.
I guess you don't read the local news paper.

Honolulu Police Lieutenant Colin Wong arrested for DUI on 3-30-13.

Honolulu Police Sergeant Susan Medeiros arrested for DUI on 7-09-14.

I'm sure there are others but these are the recent ones that I recall seeing on the news.

I believe Wong was found guilty during a trial earlier this year. The Medeiros case might still be pending trial. :D

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

AlohaDan86 wrote:He's suspended for three games, according to Hawaii News Now app.
That's about what I thought it would be.
ImageImage

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Really bad choice by Joey (which I've made a few at his age).
Anyone know status of Lakalaka??
My concern is the pass protection if both Joey and Lakalaka are out. Coaches say St. Juste can block, but who else? Vele, who made key plays against wyoming, may see more reps?
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Grinch wrote:Really bad choice by Joey (which I've made a few at his age).
There is a difference. We don't know you. Also, I would think he would take care of his body better knowing how "fragile" it can be. Especially him. I'm not anti-drinking for the average guy, but why pour that much into his body? I can understand offseason. He already didn't play much this year or a chunk of his career. If he wants "NFL"....Honestly, I've not seen anything NFL about him. I don't know why the press props him up - perhaps more than he should be. Or isn't because there is no one else to talk about as a pro prospect.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Yeah, I agree, I'm certainly not in the public eye, nor a team-captain. And, I'm trying to go easy as I could have mentioned how his arrest took deserved attention from St. Juste's breakout performance and the Warrior's hard-fought win. And, he should know that the team was counting on him, and that Coach Chow has alot more on his mind (his wife's recovery). I also know a friend who lost and had to witness her parents get killed by a drunk driver when she was in elementary school (changed her entire life and affects her till this day).

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

xer 21 wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote:
he is probably two or three games away from being at 100% so why dont we "SAY" he is ready now and let the suspension overlap with his recovery and make it less of an impact.
no he wasnt.

that he didnt get cleared for this game was a shock to me. last friday, we saw him hooping it up (terribly) at the rec center. his ankle is healing fine. why he wasnt cleared is beyond me.
Atrophy?
I am the one who knocks.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

xer 21,
if this is true - J hooping - then I don't know bout the rest of you but I'd be kinda disappointed. Like it or not, the Warriors are a better team with him on the field. Why risk further injury off of it?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote:
Grinch wrote:Really bad choice by Joey (which I've made a few at his age).
There is a difference. We don't know you. Also, I would think he would take care of his body better knowing how "fragile" it can be. Especially him. I'm not anti-drinking for the average guy, but why pour that much into his body? I can understand offseason. He already didn't play much this year or a chunk of his career. If he wants "NFL"....Honestly, I've not seen anything NFL about him. I don't know why the press props him up - perhaps more than he should be. Or isn't because there is no one else to talk about as a pro prospect.
When you're young, you think you're invincible. He probably thought it wasn't much and he could still drive safely. Just trying to think of how I was at that age, which is a lot different how I think now.
ImageImage

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Irse,
Thanks! That's what I was trying to say (but didn't articumalated it well, as da Braddas would say.)

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

Grinch wrote:xer 21,
if this is true - J hooping - then I don't know bout the rest of you but I'd be kinda disappointed. Like it or not, the Warriors are a better team with him on the field. Why risk further injury off of it?
because honestly, his ankle was probably healed. im willing to bet the coaches are just being paranoid given his terrible injury history.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.