Visiting Oahu & ticket question

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Re: Visiting Oahu & ticket question

Post by uhwarriors »

If you're looking for a great dining experience, try out one of the Hawaii Regional cuisine (aka Pacific Rim cuisine) restaurants. Roy's and Alan Wong's are our favorites. Each restaurant's chef/owners were part of the original group of chefs that created Hawaii Regional cuisine over twenty years ago. Another similar restaurant is Russell Seu's 3660 on the Rise. Reservations are recommended for all of these restaurants.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

808Hawaii wrote:What time is this? Includes Uni and White Tuna? I feel I may need to investigate this further.... :wink:
You can get the White Tuna with the $35 AYCE, but not Uni. I tried asking for Uni and the chef was like "you like me go out of business?". Too bad... As far as I know, the AYCE special is all day from Sunday - Thursday. Such a deal if you are like me and just want Hamachi all day long.

If you want AYCE Uni, the best place to go is Hakone at the Hawaii Prince, but I think it's around $50 per person.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

poidog wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:What time is this? Includes Uni and White Tuna? I feel I may need to investigate this further.... :wink:
You can get the White Tuna with the $35 AYCE, but not Uni. I tried asking for Uni and the chef was like "you like me go out of business?". Too bad... As far as I know, the AYCE special is all day from Sunday - Thursday. Such a deal if you are like me and just want Hamachi all day long.

If you want AYCE Uni, the best place to go is Hakone at the Hawaii Prince, but I think it's around $50 per person.[/quote]

And I think I'll get gout trying to get my money's worth. :lol:

Thanks for the info! I love White Tuna, Salmon, Ahi, and Hamachi. The Hamachi at Kazoku is better quality than Sushi Bay. Get Ama Ebi or Ikura on the AYCE? Oh, I getting hungry just discussing this stuff. 8)
I am the one who knocks.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

808Hawaii wrote:Thanks for the info! I love White Tuna, Salmon, Ahi, and Hamachi. The Hamachi at Kazoku is better quality than Sushi Bay. Get Ama Ebi or Ikura on the AYCE? Oh, I getting hungry just discussing this stuff. 8)
I love how we hijacked this thread and turned it into a west oahu sushi tread. I think they do have ikura, but i'm not sure about amaebi. and who cares about gout! just tell your doctor to prescribe you some allopurinol! i haven't had a gout attack in like 4 years!

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

poidog wrote:I love how we hijacked this thread and turned it into a west oahu sushi tread. I think they do have ikura, but i'm not sure about amaebi. and who cares about gout! just tell your doctor to prescribe you some allopurinol! i haven't had a gout attack in like 4 years!
We didn't hijack this thread. We're jsut giving the OP real detailed information. We're going above and beyond. :lol: I'm going to have to do some private investigating to find out more about Kazoku's AYCE. :wink:
I am the one who knocks.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

tersty treats closed in waimanalo.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

808Hawaii wrote:
poidog wrote:I love how we hijacked this thread and turned it into a west oahu sushi tread. I think they do have ikura, but i'm not sure about amaebi. and who cares about gout! just tell your doctor to prescribe you some allopurinol! i haven't had a gout attack in like 4 years!
We didn't hijack this thread. We're jsut giving the OP real detailed information. We're going above and beyond. :lol: I'm going to have to do some private investigating to find out more about Kazoku's AYCE. :wink:
I may have to do the same.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I wonder if the OP is saying, "What the heck are these people talking about :o

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Irse and 808Hawaii - another west oahu sushi tip: I haven't tried it myself, but Yuzu in Ko Olina has late night happy hour on the weekends that includes a $7 mini chirashi bowl.

http://www.happyhourpal.com/profile.php?u=sushiyuzu

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

st808 wrote:tersty treats closed in waimanalo.
Thats a shame. Pretty much the last traditional poke counter on the island. I probably won't eat lomi o'io ever again.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Went to Sushi Bay Saturday night. :oops:

Wait was about 30 minutes. Flood watch, I guess. I don't think it was because of the game. :-
I am the one who knocks.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

AggieVoice wrote:Aloha!
1) what section do the visiting fans usually sit in? Are they good seats or should I get something better and make friends with the Hawaii fans around me?
2) what is the best way to find tickets?
3) best things to do/sites to see on Oahu? We have been once before and did the PCC, Pearl Harbor, Waikiki, and other main attractions. Any tips for something new and special?
4) best places to eat. We aren't fans of the usual tourist traps. Where do the locals eat with the best grub?

We are excited for the game and can't wait for our vacation!
1/2) the fans usually sit in the North End Zone below the jumbo tron screen. the stadium will be really empty tho (50K stadium with maybe, 20k that will show up) so I'd say you can get any cheap ticket and move around the stadium and sit where you want. if you end up sitting in someone's seat, just apologize and move to another. it depends on what type of view you want.
you can get tickets at etickethawaii.com that's UH's ticket site altho if you want to risk it, there'll be tons of scalpers at the game that will be dying to get rid of tickets.
- don't sit near the locals that are or are looking like they'll get drunk as they only are looking to cause trouble. (we haven't had as much of these incidents recently as the crowd is smaller) as long as you're a respectful fan and not dumb like them, you'll have no problem.
- UH doesn't put out too much of a game day experience except the small fan zone that's mainly for kids. you can also listen to our local espn radio affiliate guys do their live pre-game show.
- Coach Chow has started a "walk" to the stadium for the players like other colleges have, but it's not too much more than the band and cheerleaders leading the team into the stadium thru the parking lot. i think if we were more successful, it would mean much more. good idea tho and I hope it sticks as a new tradition.
3) agree with poidog. if you've already seen the touristy stuff, just enjoy a quiet beach somewhere. lots of em around without any tourists. just be cafeful tho, bad guys out there know rental cars and will pop your lock/trunk once you're out of sight. don't leave anything in the car you don't want to see again.
- do a hike, not a crazy one as we don't want to see you on the news.
- Manoa falls, (depending on the weather)
- Waimea falls.
-if you don't want to go on your own, there's a bunch of local nature/hiking tours that will shuttle you there and take you on the trails
- Pali Lookout, Diamond Head lookout, Makapu'u
- Bishop Museum, Iolani Palace are great to learn about Hawaii's past.
- depends on your interests. lots of other military history here besides Pearl Harbor. The Air Museum, Fort DeRussy, Missouri
- some people like the overly-touristy Disney stuff so they go to the Disney resort, Aulani, out on the west side
- lots of golf
- water sports. surfing lessons (bigwave??), stand up paddle boarding, snorkeling, scuba. and yes, respect the ocean. it's much bigger than you and is unpredictable.
- agree with poidog again, Waikiki on Halloween night is crazy. if you like people watching, just hang out on Kalakaua or outside your hotel and watch all the costumed people walk by.
4) lots of food suggestions already, so just research what the others have mentioned.

5) if you don't have any tailgating plans, you could always meet up with Scott and Dave and the other guys here on the forum that put together a small forum tailgate near the stadium. would be nice to meet other hardcore fans that travel with their teams.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!