Think Saint Juste should have a good look at starting RB

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Re: saint juste at RB

Post by ulua »

He will be forced into that roll, now that Lakalaka is injured unless he is medically cleared by the time they depart for SD and with Joey's situation SJ is the man, probably Small if healthy, Joas and Muraoka will be the back up's.

I like the way SJ played this past weekend, he finally looked healthy, I'm happy for him and the way he was able to step in. I'm just worried cause he won't be able to carry the load like Joey and Lakalaka, so they will have to use everyone in the back field, maybe even Ewaliko and Lewis.

AlohaDan86
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by AlohaDan86 »

Good. I always prefer speed over power. i see this kid being the next Reggie Bush in the chow ever if the OL keeps up the good work.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

I really like DSJ's speed to get to the outside, not so much running up the middle. DSJ played very well this past week. But I feel Lakalaka softened up the defense for him. Lakalaka and DSJ were a good tandem Mr. Inside and Mr. Outside last week. If Lakalaka can wear down the SDSU defense like how he did the Wyoming defense, DSJ can get to the corner and break downfield for good gains.

I hope that Lakalaka can play this weekend. But if he had a concussion, I only want him to play if he is cleared by a medical professional. There are things more important than just a football game, and Lakalaka's health is one of them.

MadCat88
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by MadCat88 »

808Hawaii wrote:I really like DSJ's speed to get to the outside, not so much running up the middle. DSJ played very well this past week. But I feel Lakalaka softened up the defense for him. Lakalaka and DSJ were a good tandem Mr. Inside and Mr. Outside last week. If Lakalaka can wear down the SDSU defense like how he did the Wyoming defense, DSJ can get to the corner and break downfield for good gains.

I hope that Lakalaka can play this weekend. But if he had a concussion, I only want him to play if he is cleared by a medical professional. There are things more important than just a football game, and Lakalaka's health is one of them.
AMEN...

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

AlohaDan86 wrote:Good. I always prefer speed over power. i see this kid being the next Reggie Bush in the chow ever if the OL keeps up the good work.

:o

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

DSJ is on tape now. They now know who he is.

How good he really is will depend on this week and the next. If he can string together 2-3 strong games, then we got something to look forward to.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

After having a breakout and career game against Wyoming, Diocemy Saint Juste gets only what, 6 carries against SDSU? Thanks Chow! Doing a really inspiring job there.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

My3Cats wrote:After having a breakout and career game against Wyoming, Diocemy Saint Juste gets only what, 6 carries against SDSU? Thanks Chow! Doing a really inspiring job there.
yep this guy need more touches, we need to do more 1-2 punch combos

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Huh? Are you kidding me - six touches? I couldn't catch the game - so which backs got touches??
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Grinch wrote:Huh? Are you kidding me - six touches? I couldn't catch the game - so which backs got touches??
Can I say this?

As much as people felt Chow isn't "local" since he spent majority of his life on the mainland, that he is not local (past topic).

I think Chow is giving "local" guys the nod, when perhaps some of the mainland players are "better."

We can say...that's how it should be. Chow should give Hawaii guys a chance. True. But given how well the team is not doing, it should be the best man for the job.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

DSJ didn't get his first carry until our fifth series. By that time, we were already down 10-0 and losing the field position battle. Lakalaka had nine carries by then. Why not mix them up a little more. Lakalaka inside, DSJ outside.
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

808Hawaii wrote:DSJ didn't get his first carry until our fifth series. By that time, we were already down 10-0 and losing the field position battle. Lakalaka had nine carries by then. Why not mix them up a little more. Lakalaka inside, DSJ outside.
Too logical for Chow to implement.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

My3Cats wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:DSJ didn't get his first carry until our fifth series. By that time, we were already down 10-0 and losing the field position battle. Lakalaka had nine carries by then. Why not mix them up a little more. Lakalaka inside, DSJ outside.
Too logical for Chow to implement.
Seems that way.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

The strategy for the SDSU game seemed to be pound the ball and SJ is not a pound the rock type of runner. I think it was a philosophy and not based on favoritism. Also, SJ blocking has been weak at best, so SL was used.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook: